Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707917 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1155 on: May 28, 2015, 02:54:17 PM »
@Joria I have planned which careers and skills I want for heirs but I wait for that heir to be born and see what their character is like before setting everything in stone. Getting bored of playing the dynasty does happen so that is when I work on the storyside and have fun with other challenges and testing out future careers I'd like to try out. I absolutely love building in TS4 as you may have noticed from my dynasty =D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1156 on: May 28, 2015, 03:27:26 PM »
Thank you, Nutella.

@Nettlejuice:  yes, I have definitely noticed!  I wish I had the courage to use CC and bring in some of the TS3 stuff as you have!  Brilliantly done.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1157 on: May 28, 2015, 06:52:07 PM »
@Joria , I have all 8 generations planned out from which aspiration to what traits, museum pieces, careers (back up careers in case the active ones proved too glitchy) etc and now that we can... even what gender.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1158 on: May 28, 2015, 08:42:36 PM »
@Joria If you don't want to I don't think it's absolutely necessary to plan out careers and skills, since there's plenty of options for careers and skills are no longer exclusive. However, I would definitely plan out rewards and aspirations, as it's easy to accidentally complete an aspiration or purchase a reward early in the dynasty and not realize you've run out of aspirations/rewards until much later on. At the very least, establish what rewards and aspirations you want to be shared between all of your heirs, and which ones will be unique. Not including bodybuilder (and including stuff added in OR), there are 23 aspirations and 43 rewards. This means 7 shared aspirations and 11 shared rewards. For aspirations I would suggest sharing ones such as Fabulously Wealthy, Mansion Baron, Soulmate, and Successful Lineage. For reward traits I would suggest Potions of Youth, Moodlet Solvers, Career Boosters (Connections and Entrepreneurial) and traits that help with moods such as Never Weary, Steel Bladder, etc. (I prefer skilling traits such as Morning Sim for my own play, but I believe popular opinion would go with the latter traits, especially if you're having difficulty managing needs.) And if you have OR, I highly recommend making Incredibly Friendly a shared trait, as it helps greatly with making those good friends.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1159 on: May 29, 2015, 11:19:46 AM »
Don't make your good friends too early, the friendship decays quite fast without the "beloved" reward trait.  What I did was plan 2 full days for making friends at the end.  When I had all requirements done except for the friends part, I sent my sim out to the world and spam 3 friends in one full day, another 3 friends the second day (of course one friend has to be BFF) - when done, come home and eat ambrosia.  I had a sim that made friends too early and the bar kept decaying and I spent so much wasted time working on getting the friendship bar back up.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1160 on: May 29, 2015, 12:48:00 PM »
I've found the Beloved trait to be unreliable.  In my current (failed-but-playing-until-the-end-for-the-experience) dynasty, a spare got the Beloved trait but his relationships are decaying anyway. I checked at EA Answers HQ and it seems the Beloved trait may break if another sim in the household (alive or not) acquired the trait.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1161 on: May 29, 2015, 09:00:24 PM »
Yeah, I don't bother with the Beloved trait either, just do the 'spam friends hard out' trick right before eating ambrosia. I wish all the friendships would last like they do with those giant toys.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #1162 on: May 30, 2015, 01:39:10 PM »
My Sim just had an alien baby so does he have to keep it or can it be sent back to the home world?
Cynthia

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1163 on: May 30, 2015, 02:24:39 PM »
You can keep as household members or send back to home world, it is your choice.  I am assuming this is an abducted male pregnancy thing right?

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #1164 on: May 30, 2015, 06:40:43 PM »
Yes, it was a male abduction.
Cynthia

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1165 on: May 30, 2015, 09:58:55 PM »
My sim was just about to throw a party and none of her friends are even showing up anymore! They can't be invited, and are showing up in no relationship panels. One sim who was in household had a child with her best friend, and his kids aren't there anymore!

That's the other thing, Don, the aforementioned sim had thirteen kids at one point. Now it shows four!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1166 on: May 31, 2015, 01:59:26 AM »
@geekischic , sometimes the sims in the world but not in houses get culled. This starts to happen when there are more than 180 sims in your entire game. It sounds like this is what has happened to you. I can't be sure from what you've written... but chances are your worlds have been culled!
Is Don in your household? Were his children actually in houses or just born to sims that are in the world? I know that there have been reports of sims in houses being culled, the only time this happened to me was when the mother died from old age but her children still hadn't aged up into to teens and so they 'disappeared' when she died.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #1167 on: May 31, 2015, 03:54:35 AM »
I have a question for the mods.  For story purposes (ie Screenshots) is it okay to load the sims to the gallery, make a new game, drop in the lots and do the screenshots there?  If I get to my third generation, space and time travel start becoming more relevant and a few nice screenshots would really help the story telling.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1168 on: May 31, 2015, 04:51:11 AM »
Yeah Don is in my household and was the town mattress. None of his kids live with him. Ugh I'm worried about making new friends!

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1169 on: May 31, 2015, 05:00:03 AM »
@MissTrips I believe that should be perfectly fine. Can mods confirm?

@geekischic I know how you feel. My first culling happened late in gen 1, which was a big shock because I assumed it wouldn't be happening until much later. Even worse, it took away my favorite of my pollinators' lovers (who had just become one of my founder's good friends), who had already had twins and was pregnant again! I thought for sure she would be safe if she was pregnant/had children.  It was also a shock going into my founder's relationships list (she was a Friend of the World) and seeing half the people she knew and most of her friends gone.

anything