Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697658 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1290 on: June 26, 2015, 10:34:05 PM »
That's really odd because i tried it twice and it didn't count for me :( See, I always thought it counted too, but it hadn't the last few times I tried it,  across different files. .. hm... I'm going to have to do some investigation.

Offline Alarianna

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1291 on: July 02, 2015, 08:37:25 PM »
Old time lurker (and love all the stories) but completely new at posting so sorry in advance for any mistakes.

I am having a go at this immortal dynasty and my founder is one friend away from ambrosia. This question is for the veterans out there: How many days in between eating ambrosia after the first to keep your immortal alive?

Thanks in advance.

Alarianna

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1292 on: July 02, 2015, 08:52:04 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, Alarianna!

You have about 10 days, 9 if you want to play it safe. Good luck!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Alarianna

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1293 on: July 02, 2015, 08:59:01 PM »
Thank you Marian for you prompt reply, I am thoroughly enjoying using this challenge ;D

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1294 on: July 03, 2015, 05:44:19 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Alarianna. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1295 on: July 04, 2015, 04:36:19 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.... I guess my dynasty file is getting quite big as now when any sim in the house changes emotions or a notification happens I have to hit pause, wait for about 3 seconds for the emotional change or whatever to happen then hit play again. If I don't all my sims just stand still with their heads bobbing, quite stuck. It even happens when during a conversation the sims get those 'plus signs' I have to pause, wait for the plus signs to happen and then I can hit play again and carry on.
If I try to play in any speed faster than 1 all my sims just get stuck and do the head bobbing. Parties are almost impossible to play at the dynasty house as there is massive lag and stuttering. This doesn't happen when I play on any other lot. I'm assuming it is because of all the items in the dynasty house, paintings, skilling items, potions, fish bowls and such.
I have cleared caches etc etc. It does not effect any of my other game files. It's making playing my dynasty quite tedious as it is very slow going because of having to pause all the time. It's not my PC specs as they are way over recommended.
Any suggestions or similar experiences?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1296 on: July 04, 2015, 04:57:22 PM »
Sorry to hear you're having problems. Aside from getting rid of excess "stuff," the only thing I can think of is to lower your graphics quality. Do you have the same problem away from the Dynasty lot? If not, and if lowering graphics doesn't work, you might ask for permission to buy a retail lot and set up your Museum there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1297 on: July 04, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »
No problems away from the dynasty lot apart from the occasional lag during a party but nothing compared to what is going on at the home lot. I could lower the graphics quality... I'm quite reluctant to do that but it might just have to be done.  :(

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1298 on: July 05, 2015, 08:05:22 AM »
Oh, that sucks =( Now I'm worried what will happen to my save file later down the line. Might end up building museums on another lot except for Kessy's.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1299 on: July 05, 2015, 02:43:55 PM »
Is it time to have a "yard sale" and clean up the basement?  Maybe getting rid of the extras might help so you don't have to lower the graphics.  I quite like the idea of a museum on a separate lot, or a U-store.  That new town would be ideal for that as there is nothing there at all.  The team did say we could build a shop there and if it's a shop we never sell from wouldn't that be ok?  It would mean we couldn't have or own any other shop but I think a museum would be cool.  Waddya say, Team?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1300 on: July 05, 2015, 04:51:42 PM »
I think another problem could be the money as I have hit the max amount the game can handle and every time someone's pay come in I have a major freeze until it eventually starts again. I thought I might buy a retail lot and build a shop, like Joria was suggesting, and transfer a huge amount of money into the shop just so the dynasty sim's pay could actually register.

I would really like to be able to use the shop as a storage facility though and not as an actual 'working shop' as I just don't want to sell all the paintings my sims have made etc. Mind you, I suppose with lockable doors coming we could just use the basements of the shop as storage while the main floor is a normal shop...?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1301 on: July 06, 2015, 05:35:02 AM »
I think another problem could be the money as I have hit the max amount the game can handle and every time someone's pay come in I have a major freeze until it eventually starts again. I thought I might buy a retail lot and build a shop, like Joria was suggesting, and transfer a huge amount of money into the shop just so the dynasty sim's pay could actually register.

I would really like to be able to use the shop as a storage facility though and not as an actual 'working shop' as I just don't want to sell all the paintings my sims have made etc. Mind you, I suppose with lockable doors coming we could just use the basements of the shop as storage while the main floor is a normal shop...?

Exactly what I was thinking.  If you ran the shop in the red as a "tax write off", with your "inventory" stored in the basement and/or sub-basement you could use a lot of cash just in building.  If you had employees running the "store" and just sold stuff from build/buy that could also help drain the money since you'd have to pay them salaries.  Right?   Also, how much can you donate to charity on line?  Is there a way to give away money?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1302 on: July 06, 2015, 07:47:46 AM »
I think $1000 is the maximum you can give at a time. There's a cooldown period of several hours before you can give again.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1303 on: July 06, 2015, 08:11:08 AM »
Retail shop is allowed in this dynasty.  You can edit your retail lot and make that into your storage unit if you want.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1304 on: July 06, 2015, 02:31:14 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.... I guess my dynasty file is getting quite big as now when any sim in the house changes emotions or a notification happens I have to hit pause, wait for about 3 seconds for the emotional change or whatever to happen then hit play again. If I don't all my sims just stand still with their heads bobbing, quite stuck. It even happens when during a conversation the sims get those 'plus signs' I have to pause, wait for the plus signs to happen and then I can hit play again and carry on.
If I try to play in any speed faster than 1 all my sims just get stuck and do the head bobbing. Parties are almost impossible to play at the dynasty house as there is massive lag and stuttering. This doesn't happen when I play on any other lot. I'm assuming it is because of all the items in the dynasty house, paintings, skilling items, potions, fish bowls and such.
I have cleared caches etc etc. It does not effect any of my other game files. It's making playing my dynasty quite tedious as it is very slow going because of having to pause all the time. It's not my PC specs as they are way over recommended.
Any suggestions or similar experiences?

I've actually been experiencing this in a relatively new Legacy file.  The Sims sit there with their heads bobbing.  I've had that problem in a brand new file, come to think of it.  It seems to have happened since the last patch, at least for me.