Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697820 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1395 on: August 27, 2015, 03:23:09 AM »
I'm thinking of starting this Dynasty Challenge.  My only question so far is about gender for the 7th generation.  Has it been determined if there's a way to guarantee the baby will be female?  I'm out of touch with a lot of things and don't know if it's been discovered.

To be 100% sure eat 10 strawberries or carrots each stage of pregnancy and listen to music whenever possible. Hasn't failed for me yet.
You can also get pregnant townies to listen to music and influence what gender of nooboo they will have too. I've had about 90% accuracy with townies in my dynasty doing this.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Traceyjane

• Nooboo
« Reply #1396 on: August 28, 2015, 04:48:02 AM »
I have everything I need to
make a few Ambrosias and my founder should certainly qualify. How does it work once she's an elder? Should I wait until she's close to death before making and eating it?  This is a great challenge, thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1397 on: August 28, 2015, 05:36:33 AM »
Normally elders get two warnings before they die. If you want to wait until your sim has had their first warning from Grim that should take your sims life to about two days before their death should happen. Any time a sim's age bar is fully green can mean imminent death though... and if the age bar is bubbly then it's could be any minute! An elder gets anywhere between 10 and 20 days as an elder but usually only ten days.

So, it's up to you. I gave my founder ambrosia on the day of his elder birthday but for some of my later heirs I waited right until the last possible moment. Just remember, if an heir dies that's the dynasty over. Good luck @Traceyjane   :)

Offline Traceyjane

• Nooboo
« Reply #1398 on: August 28, 2015, 05:38:33 AM »
What happens if you give it on the day of the birthday? Do they still age up; then  you have to keep giving it or are they truly immortal?

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #1399 on: August 28, 2015, 06:01:43 AM »
Choose New Game and create a single Young Adult. Gender, Aspiration, and Traits are all player choice (except Bodybuilder — this Aspiration is banned for all household members).

So if you move a Sim into the household and discover they have the Bodybuilder Aspiration then you have to change it right away right? Can you switch to that Aspiration temporarily to complete a milestone as long as you don't complete the Aspiration or is that not an option?

One more thing, is pleading for a dying Sim's life off limits? Probably is, but just checking.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1400 on: August 28, 2015, 08:05:22 AM »
What happens if you give it on the day of the birthday? Do they still age up; then  you have to keep giving it or are they truly immortal?

If you give it on the day of the birthday, this means you do not have to keep track of all the requirements anymore.  Just have to remember to keep feeding them ambrosia when the time comes close, they will still die of old age if you don't feed them ambrosia regularly.  Ambrosia will not make them immortal, they will reset the elder age bar only. 

If you choose to give them Ambrosia later, then you have to make sure all the requirements are still completed when it is time to eat Ambrosia.  The friends one is the most annoying one, as friendship decays.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1401 on: August 28, 2015, 08:08:20 AM »
So if you move a Sim into the household and discover they have the Bodybuilder Aspiration then you have to change it right away right?
Your choice, you can change it right away or choose to change it later.

Can you switch to that Aspiration temporarily to complete a milestone as long as you don't complete the Aspiration or is that not an option?
Yes you can complete milestone as long as you don't complete the Aspiration for the reward trait (long lived).

One more thing, is pleading for a dying Sim's life off limits? Probably is, but just checking.
Off limits.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Traceyjane

• Nooboo
« Reply #1402 on: August 28, 2015, 09:46:00 AM »
@nutella ah I get it now. Thank you so much. My founder's spouse and two of her helpers died today so I have some experience of how quick it can happen.  Thank heavens for the moodlet solver!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1403 on: August 28, 2015, 02:07:49 PM »
Choose New Game and create a single Young Adult. Gender, Aspiration, and Traits are all player choice (except Bodybuilder — this Aspiration is banned for all household members).

So if you move a Sim into the household and discover they have the Bodybuilder Aspiration then you have to change it right away right? Can you switch to that Aspiration temporarily to complete a milestone as long as you don't complete the Aspiration or is that not an option?

Pleading for a Sims life is definitely off limits!  It cost me one dynasty try.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1404 on: August 28, 2015, 07:43:32 PM »

You can not give ambrosia to a sim until they have aged up into an elder. So your founder must already have completed all her requirements (including being an elder) BEFORE you feed her ambrosia. Whether you give it to her on the day she becomes an elder... or whether you wait for ten days or so is up to you.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1405 on: September 01, 2015, 04:29:48 PM »
Well it looks like I have to start over (again!), this time because I lost my dynasty spreadsheet and I don't understand how it happend. I upgraded my windows, but I also remember making sure I didn't lose it, so it's kind of a mystery to me. Third time's a charm right?

The starting part is most fun anyway :P

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1406 on: September 01, 2015, 05:48:42 PM »
Awwww...sorry about that, MissZoef. Good luck in your next attempt.  :)

Offline Traceyjane

• Nooboo
« Reply #1407 on: September 03, 2015, 05:58:14 AM »
If my gen2 has achieved his 4 unique rewards before eating ambrosia, is he then allowed to purchase further rewards that others have purchased? i.e. Can they all end up "never weary" as long as they have their 4 unique rewards prior to ambrosia?

Tracey (always weary due to this challenge)

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #1408 on: September 03, 2015, 08:09:33 AM »
Tracy, here's how I see it: With Get To Work and Outdoor retreat installed, there are a total of 43 rewards available. The founder and each of the heirs must have 4 unique rewards, so that makes 4x8=32. These 32 rewards must be unique and can't be shared between them. But the remaining 11, the founder and heirs can share. The exact number of awards available to you may differ depending on the expansion/stuff packs you have installed.

So I think the answer to your question is yes, they can all have never weary as long as they have their 4 unique rewards.

Am I correct?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1409 on: September 03, 2015, 08:38:08 AM »
Roxanne07 - you're exactly correct. That was a good explanation. :)