Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698047 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1500 on: October 25, 2015, 07:32:58 PM »
Hi guys. I have a quick question. Maybe I'm confused. I've read about 35 pages of the thread but haven't quite made it to the end, so I apologize if this has been asked and answered. When museum items were being discussed, it was said that an heir had to do all the work themselves in order to contribute items to the museum. I get that just fine. However, I was wondering about aspirations, specifically Freelance Botanist, Collector, and Angling Ace. The game counts ALL items in the household as part of the Sim's "collection". So, for the Collector aspiration, if the household has already completed a collection, that Sim would get aspirational credit, even if they never collected a single one of those items. Similarly, if the family has fished a lot--which they would in order to get angelfish--a later heir with the Angling Ace aspiration would have a much easier time completing the aspiration goal of collecting 20 different kinds of fish.

I am assuming this is known and okay because otherwise you'd be forced into doing the Nature aspirations with the founder in order not to make it easier later on. So, is this an issue or am I overthinking it?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1501 on: October 26, 2015, 12:17:00 AM »
One of my later heirs did the angling aspiration and I mounted the fish she caught and place them on a wall so I could manually/visually keep track of the fish that SHE caught. That way I knew when SHE had completed collecting all the fish needed to finish the aspiration. I did it this way because, like you have stated, the family had a actually caught enough fish for the angling aspiration to complete many generations before. Obviously when she was fishing the angling aspiration completed long before she had caught anywhere near enough fish but I did not consider it completed until I could see all her fish on the wall. Also, you have to be very careful to not ever click on that aspiration with any other heir because if it registers as completed on any other heir she could not have counted it as one of her unique aspirations. Game over if this were to happen later in the dynasty after she had eaten ambrosia!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #1502 on: October 26, 2015, 02:01:16 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I figured I would do--individually count frogs or fish or whatever. My generation 2 heir is a child. All my founder has left is maxing her two aspirations--she's very close to maxing the first one--getting to the top of her career (Level 6), and doing the friends. She got all of her parties to gold on the first try! We've got death flowers, about 10 or 11 angelfish, and 3 Potions of Youth so far. Now it's just a race to the finish. The only thing that concerns me is the career, but she's been working hard and getting steady promotions. I just hope she doesn't stall!

This is a fun challenge and perfect for my founder Sim, Fiona Firefly, who is a Sims 4 version of the very first Sim I made for Sims 2. Fiona never dies in my game, so when I saw this I was pretty excited.  ;) I'm going to try to do all female heirs, I think.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1503 on: October 26, 2015, 04:07:45 AM »
Sounds like you are doing really well. Best of luck  :) My founder was also a sim that I never let die in any of my games lol. I had to let him get old though... traumatizing for him as he normally is always a YA.  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #1504 on: October 26, 2015, 02:01:29 PM »
I have another question. When you set aside Aspirations that will not be unique to any heir, may those be completed?

Example:
Founder completes Collector and Musical Genius. Heir 1 completes Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz.  I have set aside Angling Ace as a non-unique Aspiration for the duration of the challenge.Can BOTH of those Sims then choose Angling Ace as an Aspiration AND complete it for the reward points? Of course, once it has been completed, it cannot ever be used as an heir's unique aspiration.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1505 on: October 26, 2015, 02:11:34 PM »
Yes. You can also have heirs work on aspirations that other immortals have completed, but you have to make sure that they don't complete them.

What I do with my Immortals to make sure that they don't complete someone else's aspiration is to give them the Big Happy Family aspiration once they've had ambrosia. Since none of them have 3 children, they can't get very far with it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1506 on: October 30, 2015, 06:35:13 AM »
MarianT how do they collect enough points to purchase the potions of youth if they're not working towards any aspiration? Is there a secret I'm missing?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1507 on: October 30, 2015, 08:54:42 AM »
Well, your dynasty spouses can be given any aspiration. I usually pick up several potions of youth from them and from other helpers. And I can get some points from the lower levels of aspirations that have been completed. Right now I'm "saving" Mansion Baron for any heir that might have trouble completing one of the aspirations I've assigned them, but if no one needs it, then I'll be able to get points from that.

At the moment, I have about 10 potions in the basement, and 4 Immortals. I give them their full ten days as elders before making ambrosia for them.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1508 on: October 30, 2015, 08:58:12 AM »
Yes, I was just thinking that mansion baron would be a good one. Then switching them all away and getting the final heir to purchase the 20 columns.  Even I can't purchase 20 columns by accident, and failing again!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1509 on: October 30, 2015, 10:19:51 AM »
MarianT how do they collect enough points to purchase the potions of youth if they're not working towards any aspiration? Is there a secret I'm missing?

There are 3 easy ones to complete for every generation spouse.  Fabulously wealthy, Mansion Baron, and Soulmate -- with these 3 complete, your spouse should be able to buy tons of potion of youth.  Remember spouse is not tied to the same restrictions as heirs, they can do whatever they want and complete as many aspiraitons as they want.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1510 on: October 30, 2015, 10:22:49 AM »
Oh Nutella, but this involves having the spouses actually live with my Sims... All my girls have avoided this so far! But yes, I can see the benefit of having some house members with freedom now!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1511 on: October 30, 2015, 11:18:39 AM »
@tjtemple

Heirs must result from natural pregnancies where both parents are living in the Dynasty house.

Even if you have girl heirs, the spouse MUST live in the same dynasty house as your heir.  I hope you didn't just fail because of this.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1512 on: October 30, 2015, 11:19:59 AM »
Well I failed ages ago because of the multiple rewards, so another failure is no surprise

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1513 on: October 30, 2015, 11:30:24 AM »
Sorry to hear that.  Don't give up.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
« Reply #1514 on: November 01, 2015, 03:46:36 AM »
Are Death flowers allowed for immortals, non-immortals, or banned?

anything