Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697995 times)

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1665 on: January 05, 2016, 07:38:14 PM »
@WriterJunkie

I'm going to purchase a retail lot for the museum and just create a big room on the lot for all their belongings to go there.

Don't do that.  Have you done it yet?  We only allow players to put museum on other lot because of special circumstances (like computer issues).  I am updating the rules to be more clear about the museum in a few minutes.

Whew... I actually hadn't done that yet. She still is working on getting inventions (she is only level 3 or 4 in her career), so I have nothing to put in the museum. And I have been working on their house (cause after looking at those pictures, it needed a face lift... I got rid of the christmas colors and went with brick). So money is dwindling and I haven't even purchased a retail lot yet.

So is it okay if I make a basement for the museum pieces, but make it where no one can get to it (no stairs)?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1666 on: January 05, 2016, 07:44:59 PM »
@WriterJunkie

I'm going to purchase a retail lot for the museum and just create a big room on the lot for all their belongings to go there.

Don't do that.  Have you done it yet?  We only allow players to put museum on other lot because of special circumstances (like computer issues).  I am updating the rules to be more clear about the museum in a few minutes.

Whew... I actually hadn't done that yet. She still is working on getting inventions (she is only level 3 or 4 in her career), so I have nothing to put in the museum. And I have been working on their house (cause after looking at those pictures, it needed a face lift... I got rid of the christmas colors and went with brick). So money is dwindling and I haven't even purchased a retail lot yet.

So is it okay if I make a basement for the museum pieces, but make it where no one can get to it (no stairs)?

That's fine.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1667 on: January 06, 2016, 03:44:01 PM »
It's a bit late since WriterJunkie has already built a fine house, but for others, an option is build a four square shed, (for your toilet and shower), plunk down a counter or two, a refrigerator and a stove leaning up against one wall of the bathroom.  Add an outdoor light on that wall.  Buy a tent or two, (depending on how big the family is at the time) and a picnic table and you've basically got an entire house for cheap.  Sims sleep as well in a tent as they do in an expensive bed and a small tent will hold up to 4 Sims.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1668 on: January 06, 2016, 04:23:03 PM »
I always wonder about the tents, is it as good as bed?  Does anyone know what is the energy value for the tent? 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1669 on: January 07, 2016, 05:05:58 PM »
Don't know the energy value but never really looked, however, when I use the tents, (which I often do), there are never any issues like Sims have in a low quality bed.  They wake refreshed, happy, (from being outdoors), and ready to go.  Sims really seem to like the tents for many things, sleep, nap, read, relax, whoo hoo and try for baby.  The only problem is if you have one on your lot they will often disappear into them to read the Wilderness Manual or relax.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #1670 on: January 07, 2016, 05:13:02 PM »
The thing I don't like as well with the tents is that the super speed is slower than it is when they are in a bed. I do use them, though, especially when I strip my Sims of all their money and make them earn everything from zero.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1671 on: January 07, 2016, 05:14:37 PM »
I tried out a tent in my skill of the week trial. There are no discomfort issues and they are very happy but it felt LONG! And it also doesn't do super speed like when Sims are all
asleep in a real bed. But the great thing is you can take if off on fishing trips etc. Along with a coolbox and a shower!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1672 on: January 08, 2016, 02:18:03 AM »
The tent's energy rating must be quite low though as it takes much longer than the best bed, for example, to fill up the sims energy bar. I think also it may only be outdoor loving sims that get the ' refreshed, happy from waking up outdoors' moodlet @Joria. Can't be 100% about that as it's been a while since I used a tent.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1673 on: January 08, 2016, 09:00:14 AM »
Another one from me. For club hangouts are we allowed to edit existing hangouts or only a lot that doesn't have one already? Also, does a household member have to be in the club to edit or anyone can go to the location and edit?

@Metropolis Man It is like tricking the game that's why I wanted to be sure before I went ahead as it seems pretty harmless when I'm not playing challenges. A helper has joined the Scientist career now so no hurry in making your decision.

EDIT: For those of us that have Get Together, can we re-install Sims 4 without GT so we can save those townies for future generations? I'm planning to have either gen 3/4 have a spouse from Windenburg.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1674 on: January 10, 2016, 02:42:45 PM »
@Metropolis Man It is like tricking the game that's why I wanted to be sure before I went ahead as it seems pretty harmless when I'm not playing challenges. A helper has joined the Scientist career now so no hurry in making your decision.

The team has made a decision on this, you can use career rewards as CC.

EDIT: For those of us that have Get Together, can we re-install Sims 4 without GT so we can save those townies for future generations? I'm planning to have either gen 3/4 have a spouse from Windenburg.

The answer is "no", sorry.  You have to play your entire dynasty with Get Together, you can't uninstall in the middle of the dynasty.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #1675 on: January 10, 2016, 02:53:03 PM »
Thank you. Is it also a no if I wanted to restart? (Sorry, I know I'm a bother lol).

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1676 on: January 10, 2016, 03:29:52 PM »
Not a bother at all.  The expansion pack rule is just like TS3.

If you want to do a restart, that is fine you can uninstall Get Together.  However you need to do your entire dynasty without Get Together xpac, you cannot add it on in the middle of your dynasty.

Warning: If you decide to do this route (no get together xpac), be careful.  During testing, I uninstall certain xpac but when i repair game the xpac auto-loads back in.  So you have to uninstall it everytime it auto-installs before playing your dynasty. 

Exception: We allow players to add xpac on in the middle is when the player just purchased or obtained the xpac.  Meaning they didn't have the xpac to start the dynasty, but later bought the xpac - these circumstances we allow players to add xpac in the middle of their dynasty.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #1677 on: January 10, 2016, 03:40:07 PM »
I see, thank you for explaining, I had no idea it may cause problems. Luckily I did not restart.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1678 on: January 17, 2016, 06:32:54 AM »
My poor gen2's handsome spouse has lost his lovely face.  Does anyone know of, (and may I use) a cheat/mod to restore him? 

Here's hoping!

Tracey

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #1679 on: January 17, 2016, 07:08:12 AM »
@tjtemple
Have you tried the standard things:
Reset Sim
Repair of game

And others if ther are more?