Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908642 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1305 on: December 12, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »
Ok, next question (GoogleFu tells me no one has run into this, so it's either unknown or I'm really just that unlucky).

Generation 5 is working on Photography, but I can't get a picture of the Desert Diner from any angle. I can get Car from the ones parked in front; I can get Flowers from the flower plants on the patio. If I aim right, I can even get Hotspot for the tavern across the street. But aiming the camera up, down, sideways, crosseyed, from the front, from the back, from the side, from the corners, same side of the street, across the street, from behind the bookstore...the Diner isn't registering. If I don't have Car/Flowers/Hotspot, it's just a big ol' blank.

Is this a known issue with Lucky Palms, an unfortunate glitch...? I can't find a thing on Google or the official forums or even here about it.

(Also, would it be permissible to replace the Desert Diner with a different one?)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1306 on: December 12, 2012, 08:35:18 PM »
Ok, next question (GoogleFu tells me no one has run into this, so it's either unknown or I'm really just that unlucky).

Generation 5 is working on Photography, but I can't get a picture of the Desert Diner from any angle. I can get Car from the ones parked in front; I can get Flowers from the flower plants on the patio. If I aim right, I can even get Hotspot for the tavern across the street. But aiming the camera up, down, sideways, crosseyed, from the front, from the back, from the side, from the corners, same side of the street, across the street, from behind the bookstore...the Diner isn't registering. If I don't have Car/Flowers/Hotspot, it's just a big ol' blank.

Is this a known issue with Lucky Palms, an unfortunate glitch...? I can't find a thing on Google or the official forums or even here about it.

(Also, would it be permissible to replace the Desert Diner with a different one?)

The Desert Diner won't work because it's not the original diner which is the reason people can't get the one in Lunar Lakes or Twinbrook and some of the other ones.   I would suggest if you really must have it to buy a property you don't care about and place a second diner. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1307 on: December 12, 2012, 08:52:47 PM »
Ok, will do. Thanks :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1308 on: December 13, 2012, 03:33:21 AM »
My heir had an opportunity to take 5 photos in France. She took over 30 and when she returned the opportunity said she took none. Can I count it as complete or have I done something wrong?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1309 on: December 13, 2012, 06:04:22 AM »
You've tried all the steps where you take the photos out of the camera and removed the camera from inventory?  The photos have names? 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1310 on: December 13, 2012, 06:44:56 AM »
You've tried all the steps where you take the photos out of the camera and removed the camera from inventory?  The photos have names?
I will try all of those when I next play.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1311 on: December 13, 2012, 07:03:58 AM »
I will try all of those when I next play.

Let me know what happens. I read here on the forum that sometimes it worked.  When I said names though I meant subject names like it registered as something while in France like "A Sim"  "A couple kissing in France" that kind of thing. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1312 on: December 13, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »
Let me know what happens. I read here on the forum that sometimes it worked.  When I said names though I meant subject names like it registered as something while in France like "A Sim"  "A couple kissing in France" that kind of thing.
I tried all your steps but it still said that it hadn't been completed.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1313 on: December 13, 2012, 03:53:22 PM »
Sorry if this has already been asked, but how are you supposed to get the children on the honour role. I don't have the multitab 6000 from the store.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1314 on: December 13, 2012, 04:01:24 PM »
You don't need the MultiTab for them to get on the honor roll; it just makes it easier. Way back when in a decadynasty attempt, I just had my heir do her homework and work hard at school, and she eventually got on the honor roll (last day of school, but she did it).

In my life states dynasty, my method for ensuring that my heirs get on the honor roll is to have a logically-inclined sim tutor them. They can get an A within a few hours, and getting on the honor roll is easy after that.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1315 on: December 13, 2012, 04:04:57 PM »
Thanks TheTripWasInfraGreen!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1316 on: December 13, 2012, 05:56:05 PM »
Argh!

So last night while saving, it appeared everything went well. I closed the game for a bit, came back later. For about 3 hours or so, I wrestled with getting that save file to open. The green loading bar would stop at various places, and just hang, completely frozen. I cleared the cache. I updated my graphics driver. I updated Windows (with a side rant of how Windows is stupid if I have to shut down to update, because it won't in restart mode). I made sure no other program was running while loading. Nada.

Fortunately, I have a saved file - I lose 1 skill challenge and 2 sim days. All that required me to do was go in and replace the game stuff with the store stuff that I supposedly didn't have, but I did; I also had to update the outfits on 3 sims, and adjust the hairstyles on 6 sims.

So now I'm going back to redo the skill challenge I lost, and I found out that every single non-rabbithole lot in game has all been rezoned to "Community Lot - No Visitors Allowed." The Art Gallery, the Gym, the Beach, etc. These are all lots I was able to photograph previously, and now they simply don't exist for the camera. (I made a copy of the game file and Edit Town'd in there to see what was going on with all of the lots having names of Community Lot.)

I'd like permission to use Edit Town on the actual play file to rename and rezone the afflicted lots.

(I'd love to add screenshots, but apparently, my computer considers "print screen" to be equivalent to "black screen of void.")

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1317 on: December 13, 2012, 06:13:57 PM »
Are they sitting like that for more than 10 minutes of play? or is it while you are paused?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1318 on: December 13, 2012, 06:26:43 PM »
For more than 10 minutes of play. In this particular instance, I had previously photographed the gym, and with it, completed the Architectural Eye skill challenge for photography. After going back to get it again, I couldn't get it from across the road, behind it, or in the parking lot where my photographer had stood before.

I can get the cars, I can get the spa that's behind it and a ways off, I can get stereos, couches, toilets...but no gym.

I ran her to the art gallery, then ran her back, and moved her all over the parking lot of the gym, even inside the doors.

Couches, toilets, stereos, nothing, but no gym.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1319 on: December 13, 2012, 06:32:34 PM »
And you've restarted and it still gives you the same problem?  And this is to get the pictures for the first time in game to get the skill challenges that you lost?

anything