Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898120 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1335 on: December 21, 2012, 09:53:17 AM »
So... Am I allowed a different husband since he passed, or must I use him? Thank you for answering all my questions. Don't think I'd be allowed to use him as ghost since I made him eat the jellybeans. Wanna make sure before proceeding

You have to use him.  You're only allowed one spouse.  If you kill them before the heir is born, you have to find a way to bring them around to eventually become pregnant with the heir.  And then you have to find a way for them to be best friends with the heir during the toddlers stage.   The easiest way is to actually have them under your control and not just in ghost form.  Don't forget ambrosia is not restricted to anyone other than heirs currently working on their requirements.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1336 on: December 21, 2012, 10:42:40 AM »
Would it be allowed if I added him to the house as a ghost, even though I fed him jellybeans (without the intent of killing him)? I thought about ambrosia, but she's doing painting and writing for her skills. I may just have to restart (for the fifth time...).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1337 on: December 21, 2012, 10:46:27 AM »
That's your choice, they are your heirs.  Remember you have to choose an heir that is different from your founder so if you're founder is a witch and you have a human because he's a ghost then that human is your heir.   Ghosts can produce ghosts or humans and even though he was a werewolf before he died, he may not retain the ability to pass on those genetics.

Edit: Just be aware that the ressurect wish may not be granted because you're not feeding him ambrosia.   I have yet to have it work with the other forms of rezz.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1338 on: December 21, 2012, 10:51:29 AM »
Not too concerned with the ressurect wish, would rather take chances and try and get op with science lab to use that.My founder, Amethyst Joya (spanish for gem) is a fairy so I'd defiently get a supernatural child.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1339 on: December 21, 2012, 10:52:57 AM »
Ghosts always allow for human children.   Fairies are not guaranteed to have supernatural children.  I did extensive tests when Supernatural came out and if a ghost is in the mix, there is always a 33% chance of getting a plain human child. 

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1340 on: December 21, 2012, 10:55:45 AM »
Even with both fairies and ghosts? How bizzare! I wouldn't be too bothered with a human, I suppose.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1341 on: December 21, 2012, 10:59:09 AM »
The only way to not get a human child when you have a ghost is to have two ghosts have a baby.   It's strange but there ya go. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1342 on: December 21, 2012, 01:01:06 PM »
Perhaps it is because I used two ghosts who tried for a baby whilst using the ghost potion but I have had *faux ghost* parents have two human children and a ghost whilst having triplets.
The one thing I have learned in the Sims is to expect the unexpected.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1343 on: December 21, 2012, 07:15:32 PM »
It's something to consider, but I think I'll just restart over, same founder, wait for engagment wish to roll up. Be patient and such. :P

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1344 on: December 21, 2012, 07:36:30 PM »
I have just spoken to Metro and it has been agreed that instructing your Sim to eat jellybeans goes against this rule:
• You may only kill to create a ghost and this is crucial — it has to be freewill on your Sim’s part that kills them. You cannot directly instruct them to do an action resulting in their death. Here’s an example: you can set up a situation where there is a puddle of water near a broken electrical appliance, BUT you cannot tell the Sim to fix the appliance. They have to do it themselves.

So a Sim can choose to eat a jellybean but and this is a big but it has to be freewill on their part.

Rachel

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1345 on: December 21, 2012, 07:48:13 PM »
I figured it had been. *Sigh* My intent was not death, grr. Ah well.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1346 on: December 22, 2012, 12:37:14 AM »
Do we have any information about whether vampires can now have offspring that are not vampires?  When they first came into the game, if one of the parents was a vampire, every child born to that couple would be a vampire.  Just wondering if this still happens for this Dynasty.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1347 on: December 22, 2012, 12:46:13 AM »
Do we have any information about whether vampires can now have offspring that are not vampires?  When they first came into the game, if one of the parents was a vampire, every child born to that couple would be a vampire.  Just wondering if this still happens for this Dynasty.

It all depends on what the other parent is.  I'm still getting 100% vampire from human & vampire couplings but all other life states it is about 50/50 like it is supposed to be.  I did some genetics testing when supernatural came out and posted some of the results on the general discussion board. 

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #1348 on: December 22, 2012, 04:45:02 AM »
I currently have a female Genie, male vampire couple. Sapphire gave birth to four genie daughters (single births) before I had her watch kids tv and listen to kids music so she could have twins hoping for at least one of them to be vampire. I ended up with twin vampire nooboo's.
Jaymi

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1349 on: December 22, 2012, 05:16:44 AM »
I have a had a human and vampire pairing have twin humans and one vampire offspring.My vampire fairy pairing had two fairies and a vampire.
To be honest though I have not done a whole lot of testing in this area.

Rachel

anything