Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288241 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Automobile
« Reply #405 on: February 23, 2013, 06:49:21 PM »
I love your nursery. Are all the grannies going to run a daycare center? I've never tried that. (Although participating in the Baby Boomer challenge probably makes it look like a piece of cake.) I can't believe Eureka is an elder already.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #406 on: February 23, 2013, 07:46:06 PM »

Hm, such scheming grannies! I wonder why they want to open a daycare center? Is that going to be Allegra's career, or maybe just to give the grannies something to do? I've never tried the daycare profession. Eden is adorable with her kitten. The equestrian center named after Freddie is very fitting. Poor Humbug, fending off all of the older men, haha! Then again, he was a bit of an older man himself, when Eureka was a teen. Oh, irony.  ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #407 on: February 23, 2013, 10:35:43 PM »
Still reading! I've started my official baby boomer very late, so I don't know when Ill be back to comment. But I really do love your story! :)

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #408 on: February 24, 2013, 02:34:33 AM »
Mona Lisa is still the prettiest Classic elder, but Eureka (along with Rosetta) is very close behind. Don't worry Eureka, you're still lovely!

I do have one question, though. Is Allegra's spouse open for suggestion or just speculation?
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Emily Redbird

• Mistress of splitting hairs
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #409 on: February 24, 2013, 02:37:04 AM »
Ah, I see you have grown tired of the all black and whites for Eureka.
Could you someday take a picture of the whole museum? So we can see the layout.
Wow, you're close to being finished with the challenge! Already. Sigh.

Btw, I have one more question: I know when doing a dynasty you have to plan like a mad(wo)man. But I wondered how you prevent your plotting from showing in the story. I mean, I'm sure Granny didn't meet Carlotta by accident, as I've heard she is very good to move in, with the almost completed life time wish and whatnot. Yet somehow you still don't show it in the story. How do you do it? Any tricks, or is it just about ignoring it?

Thank you for your very constructive reply:) I've already started planning, and I'll be sure to let you know if when I get started:)

~Emily
"There is always someone who doesn't agree. That's what keeps the machinery going." Fryndse from "Min hund Grog" (My dog Grog) by Storm P.

The Slytherin Immortal Dynasty

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #410 on: February 24, 2013, 12:42:09 PM »
Ooh, fun! I've been considering doing something like what I suspect you're planning later down the road, too. I can't wait to see how it works out for you.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #411 on: February 24, 2013, 03:40:56 PM »
Opening a daycare center? That's one bit of Ambitions that I have never even tried! You are very brave if that is the case. :)

LOL poor Humberto. With a daughter that lovely I imagine he is in Overprotective Daddy Mode quite a bit.

This will be my first try with it too!  I sometimes can't get over how pretty Allegra is.  I had fully expected at this point for my Immortals to resemble generic townie sims.  Maybe it's a Watcher's bias, but I think she's pretty distinct looking!

WHAT?! Eureka's an elder?! How? When? What? Why? Who? What happened? *Frantically flips through story thread* This can't be happening . . . it's too soon! Too soon, I tell you! WHYYYYY!!!

Right?  Well, I guess she didn't get pregnant until after her adult birthday, and Allegra is a teen already.  Still, it seems like she was an angsty teen herself just a few minutes ago.

But such a gorgeous elder! How do you get all your Immortals to still look like Adults? It's astounding! The father-daughter part with Humbug and Allegra was cute. They have a nice dynamic. I think it is  inexpressibly hilarious that he autonomously started teaching himself Martial Arts. So glad he didn't beat anyone with a wrench. Lol. Was she actually attracted to them? I didn't think that was possible! But Allegra doesn't care what the game codes say, she's gonna do her own thing anyway!
I just picture Humbug like this, "Homework! High School! Prom!" not even in complete sentences, haha. And Allegra looking all dismayed. "Daddy!" Eden is incoherent for baby talk. Well such a cute kitten, no wonder! Eureka really is a pretty elder, it's so cool. I hope my Immortals look that good! Her pyjamas are really pretty. Someone just got the Gold Edition of Aurora Skies! Envy is pouring from my every pore right now. The café looks really fun and very Allegra, although the black-and-white floors are still Eureka. Freddie's Free Range, awww. That is really sweet.
Finally, the daycare room. Best thing ever. I love it so much, and again I am so incredibly jealous. I can't wait to see Allegra dealing with all the nooboos! Of course she is a good generation for this, she has all the grannies to help her!

Haha!  I have no tricks on this matter.  Her face does look great, but that elder body frame they all get is pretty awful.  I particularly hate the stick-thin arms.

Allegra was not "attracted" to any of them, but she has rolled the wish to "fall in love" while talking to three separate adult Sims.  So, I'm interpreting that as i see fit.

I love your nursery. Are all the grannies going to run a daycare center? I've never tried that. (Although participating in the Baby Boomer challenge probably makes it look like a piece of cake.) I can't believe Eureka is an elder already.

I haven't been doing the baby boomer, so this one will still be a task for me.  It's my first daycare :)

Hm, such scheming grannies! I wonder why they want to open a daycare center? Is that going to be Allegra's career, or maybe just to give the grannies something to do? I've never tried the daycare profession. Eden is adorable with her kitten. The equestrian center named after Freddie is very fitting. Poor Humbug, fending off all of the older men, haha! Then again, he was a bit of an older man himself, when Eureka was a teen. Oh, irony.  ::)

Well, the story will have its own logic, but mine is that the daycare will generate new children for the game.  It actually also generated a few teens that have picked up the nooboos at the end of the day.  Yay.

Still reading! I've started my official baby boomer very late, so I don't know when Ill be back to comment. But I really do love your story! :)

Good luck!  You know I love your comments :)

Mona Lisa is still the prettiest Classic elder, but Eureka (along with Rosetta) is very close behind. Don't worry Eureka, you're still lovely!

I do have one question, though. Is Allegra's spouse open for suggestion or just speculation?

Completely open to speculation!  There are still a few original townies around that I will consider if I can get my hands on a cure potion.  I used the one we had in inventory on Eunice.  Beppe Bianchi and Conor Monty are both still around, for example.  There are also the guys at the party in the previous post and a few teens in her class... do you have someone you've spotted that you like? 

Full disclosure, I had intended to marry her off to Lawrence Watkins, Eunice's nephew, to get Eunice's genes in, but he done drowned himself.  So did Lupe Dexter, Eureka's childhood friend.  I feel like maybe if I cancel the newspaper, my townies will stop dying.

Ah, I see you have grown tired of the all black and whites for Eureka.
Could you someday take a picture of the whole museum? So we can see the layout.
Wow, you're close to being finished with the challenge! Already. Sigh.

Btw, I have one more question: I know when doing a dynasty you have to plan like a mad(wo)man. But I wondered how you prevent your plotting from showing in the story. I mean, I'm sure Granny didn't meet Carlotta by accident, as I've heard she is very good to move in, with the almost completed life time wish and whatnot. Yet somehow you still don't show it in the story. How do you do it? Any tricks, or is it just about ignoring it?

Thank you for your very constructive reply:) I've already started planning, and I'll be sure to let you know if when I get started:)

~Emily

Mona Lisa is beautiful, isn't she?  I don't know if I'll ever get another in-game Sim born that looks quite as fantastic as she did when young.  I'll grab a screenshot of the museum next time I play, but honestly, it's just a big square basement with rooms cut out of the sides.  It's not very pretty as an overall thing. 

Granny totally met Carlotta by accident, actually  :-[.  I played and crashed the first part of this game totally differently, actually.  Granny met Mrs. Seng in the park that day and moved in that family, and was going to marry the teen son when he grew up.  I just sent her to a public place with a writing tabcast in her ear and waited for some townies to show up.

I had my first two supermaxes planned when I started the game and by the time Mona Lisa was ready to marry Goopy, I had the next few generations planned out for skill and name ideas.  There really has been a lot less planning in this thing than there probably should've been.  Let's hope it doesn't backfire on me in the case of Allegra's skill!

Ooh, fun! I've been considering doing something like what I suspect you're planning later down the road, too. I can't wait to see how it works out for you.

Happy to be your guinea pig :-p

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Emily Redbird

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #412 on: February 24, 2013, 04:03:47 PM »
I just sent her to a public place with a writing tabcast in her ear and waited for some townies to show up.
A writing tabcast? What's that? Please explain to the clueless foreigner ;)

Again thanks for the tips:)
"There is always someone who doesn't agree. That's what keeps the machinery going." Fryndse from "Min hund Grog" (My dog Grog) by Storm P.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #413 on: February 24, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »
A writing tabcast? What's that? Please explain to the clueless foreigner ;)

Again thanks for the tips:)

There's an item in the Sims 3 Store caled a Multitab 6000, and you can set your sim to listening to these tabcasts that will level your sim up in whatever skill by one level. It doesn't cover every skill, but it covers quite a few. The Multitab also lets your sim buy books online, or play a game to raise your social.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Flower Duet
« Reply #414 on: February 24, 2013, 04:33:58 PM »
"Who's a smart widdle pwincess?  Who is?!  Who is!  Awww..."

This has been the reality of the Classic household for the last several weeks.  The cat, to her credit, seems just as puzzled by Grandma Eden's antics as we are.  You can almost see her little kitty mind puzzle out, "am I the princess?  If so, why does she not just say?"

Recently, I asked Grandma Eden for advice about finding The One.  She doesn't ... she doesn't much comprehend the idea of there being just one.  She says find someone who loves you.  Or someone who is loved by someone you love.  I don't even know what that means, but there is a new romance in Grandma Eden's life these days.  Or an old one.  It really depends on how you look at it.

So I tried asking Dad about it.  I ended up with a 90 minute lecture on why I should be single while young ... or possibly forever.

I started to talk to Mom about it, but then she did this and I figured she REALLY didn't want to have that conversation.

Turns out I was just being dramatic and probably should've done that too.

I went home because for whatever reason, she decided to tell a ghost story to a bunch of people in the junkyard after that and they all thought sitting in tall grass was the best possible venue for this exercise.  I really don't understand adulthood.

Granny, Rosetta, and Mona Lisa are similarly indisposed for life chats at the moment.

Oh!  That's right, we haven't talked about that!  Well, guess what!  The Classic Home is now also The Classic Early Learning Center & Daycare!  Right now we only have two nooboos that come daily, but they are just the cutest.  They're named Wendy and Roldagio and they're twins.

Lots of times they're gone by the time I get home from school, but when they're not I'll sometimes take one into my room and give them a little serenade.  Babies are always honest about how good your playing is!

The grandmas are happy to have some nooboos to play with and some new neighborhood acquaintances too.  They're hoping the daycare will grow over time.

I suspect Granny hates to let them go at the end of the day.

Anyway, so prom was coming up fast.  I was running out of time for finding my own duet partner, right?  And everyone was way too busy to help me.  So I put my inner party animal to use and threw our annual Spooky Day party.  Can you guess who I went as?

"Who's a pwetty pwincess?  I is!  I is!"

I like to think her kitty brain went, "OH!  Finally, we found you.  Someone please fetch Eden."

I talked to Silvia a little about the issue.  She came as a vampire siamese twin with Beppe Bianchi.  She said she only manages to attract people who are polyamorous, even though she isn't, and might not be the best source of information.

So, you know, I took matters into my own hands.

The ghost doesn't always shows up, it turns out.  Every night that urn is under my bed, I get a little more nervous that I'm gonna get caught.  So, I tried throwing a slumber party the night before prom and some popular kids came.  Unfortunately they were all in relationships with each other.  Ain't that always the way?

Turns out Dad REALLY doesn't like having boys in the house for sleepovers.  He even told Granny when Rolagio hits puberty, he's out.  I think he's a bit ridiculous.  Anyway, it was less of a slumber party and more of a, "um, you call that a party?  I have to run home at 11pm now because your Dad is crazy but also very muscular."

Oh well.  At least that night someone finally showed up who might be able to give me some advice.

"Well, hello!" she said.  "Aren't you pretty!  Are you one of Freddie's?"

I grinned, "his one and only granddaughter!" I said.  "And a Classic immortal!"

"Yes," she said, clapping her hands together.  "I knew one of mine would eventually make it in." 

We laughed together for a moment before I said, "So listen ... I need to talk to someone about boys ..."

So, all I'm going to say is that she gave me some pretty solid advice.  And then she told me to go to bed and that I'd better put her urn back in the morning and stop breaking rules.  I didn't go to bed, though.  I peeked through the hallway through most of the night to watch her.  It was so worth it.

They both cried.  They hugged for such a long time.  Mona Lisa was weeping and laughing and weeping and laughing.

Ophelia was silent for the most part, but you could see how happy she was.  You really could see it.

Mona Lisa showed her pictures and told her how things had gone since the day she left us.  She told her about Freddie and Eden, about Eureka, and about me.  She said the nicest things about me.  That was when I realized I should probably obey and get some sleep.

So, I did like Ophelia said.  I went to prom by myself.  And I rocked it.

I was crowned queen, and I floated home on a cloud of happy.  I found a gift for me in the yard.  It had a little note on it that said.  "Thank you.  But don't ever do that again. xx ML"

Offline Emily Redbird

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #415 on: February 24, 2013, 04:41:02 PM »
There's an item in the Sims 3 Store caled a Multitab 6000, and you can set your sim to listening to these tabcasts that will level your sim up in whatever skill by one level. It doesn't cover every skill, but it covers quite a few. The Multitab also lets your sim buy books online, or play a game to raise your social.
Thanks for clearing that up :)

Offline Emily Redbird

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Flower Duet
« Reply #416 on: February 24, 2013, 04:58:55 PM »
Little Allegra is almost grown up! When did this happen? And of course Ophelia would be the one to go to for advice - especially since Eden is preoccupied with her fur ball.
Was Allegra aware of what urn she pulled out, or was she just lucky? Can you imagine her taking advice from Freddie... *shudder*.

Not your most emotional and dramatic piece yet, but well up to your standards :)

Looking forward to more news from the Classic house manor.

~Emily

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #417 on: February 24, 2013, 05:03:43 PM »
Wow, Eden is dating Silvia? Wow . . . did not see that one coming! It's kind of sweet, though, because of Freddie and everything . . .

Allegra is wonderful! I'm sure she has a very busy social life!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #418 on: February 24, 2013, 05:44:35 PM »
D'awwww.... I'm glad Mona Lisa and Ophelia got to see each other again.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #419 on: February 24, 2013, 05:49:11 PM »
I always loved the touching and realistic portrayal of Mona Lisa and Ophelia's friendship, so it's just tearjerking (in a happy way) to see Ophelia again.

Oh, and tell Allegra that she should totally go after that Beppe Bianchi.