Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941641 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #480 on: September 04, 2010, 09:48:36 AM »
That is the same lines I am going.  The first two immortals are doing all of the portraits and cooking, it frees up the rest to do whatever else and not have to worry about it anymore.  As soon as they age up, I have been starting the portraits, that way, it is done and out of the way.  If I wait, I will forget and I am not starting over, lol.  I am not that far yet, but it seems I have already worked hard on this dynasty.  Money is a little better and have money trees started.  He had 25 special seeds ready to plant when he reached level 7, out of those were 9 money trees and I don't know what the rest will be, but if there is enough of life fruit and deathflowers, will move them out of the garden and leave them somewhere else until I need them.  I don't trust meteors and he spends alot of time in the garden.  Call me supersticious, but, I am not taking any chances. ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #481 on: September 04, 2010, 04:01:52 PM »
Hi guys!  Sorry I haven't been here in a couple of days.  I got involved once more in Tamora Pierce books, rereading them all like eating a box of chocolates. lol  First three series are finished and now on to the next but that one is a bit slower and can be read in between Simming. 

Here's a tip for the food replicator.  Once you get the replicator AND the super fabulous frig you get as a reward for maxing out all challenges in the cooking skill,  (I think it's 5 Star Chef), you just start cooking every single recipe one by one.  After you store, just start pulling out the food and putting it in the super frig.  It's slow and tedious to pull out ten copies but the super frig keeps it fresh forever.  When you are at the last three recipes to store, enhance your replicator so it makes 20 copies instead of three.  You store your ambrosia ingredients and the last two copies of recipes here.  You will NEVER have to cook again except for preparing the partially done ambrosia.  I did this for a legacy I worked and it was great to just go to the frig and pull out whatever the favorite food of the Sim was so they always had that great meal moodlet.  It's boring and time consuming at first but it saved so much further down the road and the good moodlet was a bonus.

My Dynasty is still in the very rocky first stages.  Hansome Lee is married and Agnes has painted her first attempt at his portrait.  Her next step is learn sculpting as I don't want her to max out anything.  Then it will be off to learn photography.  So far attempts at try for baby aren't working but I admit I've kept both of them busy.

Hansome has a small garden, but  I don't want him to max that out.  He is working as an inventor and has joined the Science career as his LTW is Creature Robot Crossbreeder, or whatever the exact title is.  In doing DaVinci for me the hardest skill to max and do all the skill challenges was the inventor, but there were possible benefits, (not allowed for a DaVinci), in building miners and time machines.  So I think I will SuperMax that one and let him just dabble in handiness, fishing and gardening as I think it will speed up his ability to achieve his LTW faster.  I guess either he or Agnes will have to become super chefs to get my frig and be able to make ambrosia.  Metro any advice or tips on this and do you think it's a viable track for success?  Or should I do a "do over" and put cooking as his LTW?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #482 on: September 04, 2010, 04:39:05 PM »
Metro any advice or tips on this and do you think it's a viable track for success?  Or should I do a "do over" and put cooking as his LTW?

Nothing jumps out as a problem. I went with Agnes too and she has a shorter lifespan than other townies, so you'll need to work with her efficiently. I don't know if I'd concern myself with a career for Agnes. At least I didn't simply because so much time was necessary for her to max painting, sculpting, and photography.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #483 on: September 04, 2010, 05:11:44 PM »
@Joria: Thanks for the great tip!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #484 on: September 04, 2010, 11:48:16 PM »
On the note of the photographs we put in the museum. When you view them, do they have to actually acknowledge that it is that particular sim? I've got Holly messing around taking a few photos of Jackson in the garden. The thing is, most of the time the photos come up as apple tree or outdoor stuff or a nice garden!

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #485 on: September 04, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »
On the note of the photographs we put in the museum. When you view them, do they have to actually acknowledge that it is that particular sim? I've got Holly messing around taking a few photos of Jackson in the garden. The thing is, most of the time the photos come up as apple tree or outdoor stuff or a nice garden!

Norma

No, as long as the immortal is in the photo, you're fine.

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #486 on: September 05, 2010, 03:47:11 AM »
So can I take a first-time photo of my 3rd generation while they're in front of the great sphinx and count that towards museum?

On a side note: Congratulations on 50 pages after so little time with this superb challenge! :D
I am Nobody. And Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am Perfect. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #487 on: September 05, 2010, 08:20:08 AM »
So can I take a first-time photo of my 3rd generation while they're in front of the great sphinx and count that towards museum?

I don't like that idea. I think in all fairness the photo needs to register as the immortal. That way, they are clearly the subject in the photo. So, I take back what I said to you originally.

@Pam, do you agree?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #488 on: September 05, 2010, 08:23:51 AM »
Nothing jumps out as a problem. I went with Agnes too and she has a shorter lifespan than other townies, so you'll need to work with her efficiently. I don't know if I'd concern myself with a career for Agnes. At least I didn't simply because so much time was necessary for her to max painting, sculpting, and photography.

I didn't give her a career either.  I figured being a full time mom and artist was more than enough for her.

Gen 2 is born and adorable.  Her name is Ima Love Lee. lol Wonder why you can't paint portraits of the infants?  I did get a photo of her and a portrait so now Agnes can focus on ice sculpture till she gets that Icey skill maxed and can do sculptures that don't melt.  If I max her out in all the artsy stuff, it's going to make it much harder later on for a Immortal though, isn't it?
Won't they be denied the ability to Super max these?  And they WILL need to have someone to do their portraits etc.

I'm struggling with the founder too.  I think he's trying to do too much.  He needs to max out the cooking skills so he can make ambrosia but doing that AND trying to hold down a full time job is getting tough.  He really seems to hate having to fix things too, which I find strange considering his career.  Agnes came with cooking skills so I try to keep her out of the kitchen.

One of my hardest challenges is STILL getting,keeping and increasing the level of friends.  Thank heaven for parties!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #489 on: September 05, 2010, 08:28:04 AM »
If I max her out in all the artsy stuff, it's going to make it much harder later on for a Immortal though, isn't it?
Won't they be denied the ability to Super max these?  And they WILL need to have someone to do their portraits etc.

Yes, any skill that is SuperMaxed by one immortal cannot be maxed by a later immortal.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #490 on: September 05, 2010, 04:13:18 PM »
Yes, any skill that is SuperMaxed by one immortal cannot be maxed by a later immortal.

Wait, she's talking about Agnes maxing in art skills, and Agnes isn't an Immortal so she can do whatever she wants, right?

I do think you're trying to do too much with your Founder, Joria.  Think about it this way, sure, inventing is nice, but it's not necessary to create Ambrossia.  If I were you I'd focus your founder towards any skill that can help with that goal otherwise you'll just not have enough to time to do everything you need to do.  My founder was able to create Ambrossia by SuperMax'ing Cooking, Mastering the Gardening skill, and getting fishing up to level 9.  This leaves the possibility of SuperMaxing fishing for another Immortal while still aquiring all the necessary items for Ambrossia.  He only spent 1 night catching Deathfish, which gave him 6 fish, and I've been using them as judiciously as possible so that he can hold out until my 3rd Immortal (who is currently a child and already working on it) can catch them too.  My second immoral is going with the art stuff, although I think his spouse is also going to have to start working on it so that she can paint and sculpt him as an adult (currently he's a YA).  I went with Visionary LTW for him, because DaVinci requires inventing, and I want to save that skill for a different Immortal. 

Anyway that's my strategy, hopefully it works!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #491 on: September 05, 2010, 06:15:33 PM »
I don't like that idea. I think in all fairness the photo needs to register as the immortal. That way, they are clearly the subject in the photo. So, I take back what I said to you originally.

@Pam, do you agree?

I agree.  The subject of the photo needs to be the immortal.  It will register on the camera as "My Spouse" or "My Child" etc.

@Joria:  You don't have to worry about what Agnes does because she's not going to be an immortal.  She can max as many skills as you want.  I agree with Aria that you're having your founder do too much if he's pursuing Inventing along with everything else.  Inventing offers absolutely nothing toward qualifying to eat Ambrosia if it's not your official career, LTW, or SuperMax skill.  Do only what is necessary. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #492 on: September 05, 2010, 06:53:48 PM »
My second immoral is going with the art stuff, although I think his spouse is also going to have to start working on it so that she can paint and sculpt him as an adult (currently he's a YA). 

Your second immoral, Aria?  Is there something about your Dynasty we should know?   ;D ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #493 on: September 05, 2010, 06:58:29 PM »
Immoral would be the Man Dynasty- shame on you Metro for chasing a girl at least 20yrs your junior!  ;D

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #494 on: September 05, 2010, 07:21:39 PM »
Your second immoral, Aria?  Is there something about your Dynasty we should know?   ;D ;)

Ha ha!  You'll just have to stay tuned and find out!  :P

anything