Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971255 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #495 on: September 05, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure Joria was talking about her second gen immortal and NOT Alice maxing the arty stuff

Gen 2 is born and adorable.  Her name is Ima Love Lee. lol Wonder why you can't paint portraits of the infants?  I did get a photo of her and a portrait so now Agnes can focus on ice sculpture till she gets that Icey skill maxed and can do sculptures that don't melt.  If I max her out in all the artsy stuff, it's going to make it much harder later on for a Immortal though, isn't it?
Won't they be denied the ability to Super max these?  And they WILL need to have someone to do their portraits etc.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #496 on: September 05, 2010, 08:19:11 PM »
Wait, she's talking about Agnes maxing in art skills, and Agnes isn't an Immortal so she can do whatever she wants, right?

I do think you're trying to do too much with your Founder, Joria.  Think about it this way, sure, inventing is nice, but it's not necessary to create Ambrossia.  If I were you I'd focus your founder towards any skill that can help with that goal otherwise you'll just not have enough to time to do everything you need to do.  My founder was able to create Ambrossia by SuperMax'ing Cooking, Mastering the Gardening skill, and getting fishing up to level 9.  This leaves the possibility of SuperMaxing fishing for another Immortal while still aquiring all the necessary items for Ambrossia.  He only spent 1 night catching Deathfish, which gave him 6 fish, and I've been using them as judiciously as possible so that he can hold out until my 3rd Immortal (who is currently a child and already working on it) can catch them too.  My second immoral is going with the art stuff, although I think his spouse is also going to have to start working on it so that she can paint and sculpt him as an adult (currently he's a YA).  I went with Visionary LTW for him, because DaVinci requires inventing, and I want to save that skill for a different Immortal. 

Anyway that's my strategy, hopefully it works!

You caught deathfish at level 9 fishing?  Everything I've seen before says you need level 10 fishing to do that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #497 on: September 05, 2010, 08:32:26 PM »
Nope, you don't have to reach level 10 in fishing before you catch a deathfish.  I've had my anglers catching them at level 7 before.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #498 on: September 05, 2010, 10:38:44 PM »
Lucky you.  Mine has always been level 10.  I tried using the angel fish and everything before lvl 10, but as soon as they reached it, bam, they caught the deathfish and I too heard they could catch them before then, oh well, will just have to keep them fishing. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #499 on: September 05, 2010, 11:42:47 PM »
I was able to start catching them at level 8 fishing, maybe you can do it at 7 but I didn't try until 8.  They are worth a ton of skill points though, and catching just 6 fish took me up to level 9 fishing skill.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #500 on: September 06, 2010, 12:38:24 AM »
I've been able to catch Deathfish at level 7, too.  Level 10 is required to read the bait book for Deathfish, but not to actually catch one.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Agnes

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #501 on: September 06, 2010, 03:36:19 AM »
Oh, wow, I've just read through all fifty some pages of this thing.  I cheated, of course, and just read Pam and Metro's answers, but still.  I'm really glad you guys did this big monster of a challenge, it really touches all aspects of the game.  And I'm glad it doesn't have an ending date, I still have all those other challenges to complete.  I've already started planning and can't wait to sink my teeth into it.  Too bad school is starting a day from now.  Eh, they don't give too much homework on the first week.  ;) 

Okay, I just want to quadruple check I have the SuperMax and Max thing right.  It's been such a big issue I don't want to get wrong.  If your Immortal SuperMaxes a skill, no other Immortal is allowed to SuperMax or Max that skill, but Immortals can share just plain Maxed skills all they want, right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #502 on: September 06, 2010, 03:58:32 AM »

Okay, I just want to quadruple check I have the SuperMax and Max thing right.  It's been such a big issue I don't want to get wrong.  If your Immortal SuperMaxes a skill, no other Immortal is allowed to SuperMax or Max that skill, but Immortals can share just plain Maxed skills all they want, right?

You are absolutely correct.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #503 on: September 06, 2010, 05:34:48 PM »
The two mortals in my household are getting on in age; Mortimer has just aged up to Elder and Holly is 91 days old.  Both of them are painters and have been storing their recent paintings in their inventories.  But I am wondering if that's such a good idea.  What happens to things in Sims' inventories when they die?  Will we lose all those paintings (and other stuff) or will they go into another Sim's inventory?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #504 on: September 06, 2010, 05:53:36 PM »
I'm pretty sure they're inventories go to another family member.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #505 on: September 06, 2010, 05:56:57 PM »
Yes, their inventory items will be automatically placed into another family member's inventory.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #506 on: September 06, 2010, 06:08:04 PM »
Thanks, simfulicious and Aria.  You've put my mind at rest.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #507 on: September 06, 2010, 06:12:56 PM »
Not that you can for this challenge, but the same thing goes when you "kick out" a sim from your household. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #508 on: September 07, 2010, 12:49:43 AM »
Normally, the inventory of the deceased Sim goes to the oldest remaining Sim.  Sometimes it won't go to an in-law, but only to a blood relative or spouse.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #509 on: September 07, 2010, 03:08:37 AM »
Ok, I have a question that someone has probably already asked.  Do WA quests count as your 6 opportunities?