Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972752 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #630 on: September 11, 2010, 02:56:50 PM »
@Joria: how do you get the illusion of windows in a basement?

Junkyards take a couple days to spawn items. I would definitely use the smaller junkyard if you want to stick to the rules. I've been using the larger one in SV, and it's not working right, generating way too much stuff and giving a hugely unfair advantage to a legacy family. I'm probably going to scrap (pun) that 4 gen legacy because of it. Of course, it's Metro's call for dynasty games.

The illusion of windows is done by buying a shop item called Pastoral Reflections.  It is a mirror in the shape of a curved window.  Place some plant items across the room from it and frame it with curtains and voila!

I did my basement bedroom in shades of green and white and placed the bed on the far wall.  There is a side table on either side of the poster bed which I made white.  All the furniture in there is white.  I put ivy on either side of the bedside tables toward the corners, put the mirror over the bed and framed it with those huge drapes.  I used Leaf light plants in the bedroom and living room.  It really surprised me, though I don't know it should have, when the plants turned what was obviously a basement, (despite colorful wall paper and paint!), into a very cozy home.  Now if frugal Agnes would just STOP turning off the lights all would be well.

@Metro:  Question for you.  Do "partnerships" in businesses count in any way?  It is not the same as buying the building, but could provide a big boost in finances earlier on, and you could have partnerships for the family in everything except venues BEFORE you bought the building.  It could be a big help for those who are only playing Vanilla game.

Starting over again since I'm really not happy with the way it's going.

I had some thoughts about poor, unfortunately visaged, Agnes.  I don't believe Agnes is truly unattractive.  I think her current appearance, and less than elegant clothing choices, are due to the fact of her great tragedy.  Not only did she lose her beloved but in HER mind, she lost all hopes of future generations and any chance at romance.  It can actually be quite difficult for a rich woman to marry for love and not just money.  So I think she is deliberately wearing a hideous hair do and no make up, or at least not tastefully applied make up, in order to make whoever woos and wins her do so for love of her inner self and not just her pretty face, gorgeous body and finances.  This tragedy ALSO affected her personality.  I mean, who WOULDN'T be grumpy after all that?  Ok, so she's a bit OCD about lights and such but with some tender loving care, a stop at the mirror and dresser and perhaps a child of her own to love she would be a babe!  Check it out:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

See wha I mean, Vern?  Lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #631 on: September 11, 2010, 03:51:30 PM »
@Metro:  Question for you.  Do "partnerships" in businesses count in any way?  It is not the same as buying the building, but could provide a big boost in finances earlier on, and you could have partnerships for the family in everything except venues BEFORE you bought the building.  It could be a big help for those who are only playing Vanilla game.

Indeed. Purchasing a partnership for businesses and following it up with the full ownership requirement to eat Ambrosia is not a bad idea. Though I doubt by the time anyone's Founder gets near the point of eating Ambrosia and needing to fulfill that requirement that the cheapest property and building will be very affordable to own outright.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #632 on: September 11, 2010, 04:52:54 PM »
Hooray!  My 3rd Gen just ate her ambrosia (I really need to update my thread...)!

And yes, Agnes can be quite gorgeous-- but any sim really can look pretty decent with CC (thanks again for allowing that, Metro) -- I've made Cornelia Goth look downright elegant!  Hehe, it might be fun to run around and take a bunch of pics of madeover NPCs...I suppose I could get a styling station and then set my photographer to work just for fun xD;

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #633 on: September 11, 2010, 05:01:51 PM »
Hooray!  My 3rd Gen just ate her ambrosia (I really need to update my thread...)!

Awesome. Congrats.

I suppose I could get a styling station and then set my photographer to work just for fun xD;

No make-overs allowed in this Dynasty Challenge.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #634 on: September 11, 2010, 05:13:25 PM »
Wait, so we can't makeover people who aren't playable?  I haven't done this, but assumed you could, if you wanted to.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #635 on: September 11, 2010, 05:14:18 PM »
Yay, Wimsey, my Gen 2 soon-to-be Immortal, has finally completed 6 challenges.  I figured out what I was doing wrong with the Community Challenges (you have to go to map mode and click on the building again), and had her do the Olympics and the Eating Contest.  With all the sculpting opportunities there are available, I can't believe she never gets any of them.  Oh well.  Now she needs to get a couple of friendships a little higher, and immortality, here we come!  I bet the sculpting opportunities will start coming now that we no longer need them.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #636 on: September 11, 2010, 05:53:38 PM »
I don't believe it!  I just opened James my founder's relationship panel and there, listed as one of his best friends, is the Bwan Speedster he stole from Agnes Crumplebottom all those simmy years ago.  He's long since qualified for ambrosia without that particular best friend.  But should I start buying cars for all my immortals-in-waiting?  There's nothing in the rules saying their 6 best friends have to be sims!
 ;D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #637 on: September 11, 2010, 06:12:53 PM »
Awesome. Congrats.

No make-overs allowed in this Dynasty Challenge.

Thanks!

And don't worry, I wouldn't do it on my challenge file.  I just think it would be something fun to do in my spare time, you know, just as an experiment.  Like some sort of silly turn NPC's into models diversion.  I'm too busy with accomplishing dynasty tasks to do that on that file anyway!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #638 on: September 11, 2010, 06:45:56 PM »
Wait, so we can't makeover people who aren't playable?  I haven't done this, but assumed you could, if you wanted to.

Yes, you can. I was referring to the no make-overs on household members rule. Sorry I wasn't specific.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #639 on: September 11, 2010, 07:21:22 PM »
Well, I think to keep my own sanity, I will not play my dynasty for a bit.  Now, since the family tree incident, fathers flirting with supposed daughters, sons flirting with mothers, ewww, gives me the creeps, and all of those little red minuses, not a good thing. Oh well, I am glad it is not something that is timed.  We will see, plus, all of them have the runaround bug now, so it looks really weird.  I will think on it.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #640 on: September 11, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »
Well, I think to keep my own sanity, I will not play my dynasty for a bit.  Now, since the family tree incident, fathers flirting with supposed daughters, sons flirting with mothers, ewww, gives me the creeps, and all of those little red minuses, not a good thing. Oh well, I am glad it is not something that is timed.  We will see, plus, all of them have the runaround bug now, so it looks really weird.  I will think on it.

I really hate to hear about the problems you're having.  I'm enjoying your story quite a lot.  I hope it gets worked out so that you can keep playing it sometime soon.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #641 on: September 11, 2010, 07:52:10 PM »
I was busy updating my spreadsheet on my LTR's and noticed that the moodlet manager is not mentioned as banned, it that right Metro or is the use of the moodlet manager as general banned from challenges. I am a newbie as you know. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #642 on: September 11, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »
I was busy updating my spreadsheet on my LTR's and noticed that the moodlet manager is not mentioned as banned, it that right Metro or is the use of the moodlet manager as general banned from challenges.

It is banned in the Tournament challenges, but you're free to use it in the Dynasty.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #643 on: September 12, 2010, 12:22:31 AM »
Is there some way to tell what relationship level our sim has with an Old Friend?  Wimsey has two of them and the green bar is almost full - they appear to me to be Best Friends, but is there any way to know for sure?  The next sim down is just a Friend, so that doesn't help here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #644 on: September 12, 2010, 02:02:31 AM »
So today I decided I would try something different with a dynasty.  I'd use Twinbrook and a female character.  Hmmmm, who's the rich guy in town?  I didn't know so I looked at bio's.  Found a nice, OLD, guy and thought, ok seems like he's rich and artistic so just what I need.  Marry him, get him to do my painting and sculpture, he passes on, I marry a new dude and produce a child.  He really is a sweet guy and very good looking for his age.  Only, he's VERY old.  There is no way, without cheating, he would live long enough to do the work especially since after we married I found out he is like at level one in the artistic skills and his LTW is to be a daVinci!!  He's also retired and gets a retirement check of a measly 50 simoleons.  This was not a good plan.  I rather like him so we'll live happily ever, for however brief a time that will be, and I'll find another Sim to do a dynasty with.

Is anyone else doing a female character as the founder?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything