Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698015 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #435 on: November 30, 2014, 03:17:29 AM »
I can't seem to get my culinary gal to get promoted either.  She's level 10 in cooking and gourmet cooking but not that high in mixology, level 4 I think, and level 8 in gardening.  She's ready to become an elder and has maybe two friends so I'm pretty sure this is going to be a do over.  The heir never did that well either, although she did make an A in school.  I needed to focus on her brain skills and just made her too versatile.  Now she's a teen and I'm not looking forward to that!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline epemae

• Nooboo
« Reply #436 on: November 30, 2014, 09:30:57 AM »
My chef also randomly came home from work early at least once at level nine in her career. It also took a while for her to get promoted to level 10. Every day before she went to work I made sure all her work requirements were finished, her needs were met and she was in the right mood. She did, however finally get promoted. It was close though. This is a frustrating problem. I hope you make it in time ratchie & Joria.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jkbm

• Nooboo
« Reply #437 on: November 30, 2014, 02:47:04 PM »
Excuse me, I'm new at The Sims and can someone explane me how to patch up the most current EA pack, and how to create a game file, Thanks.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #438 on: November 30, 2014, 02:54:00 PM »
Ok, once again I'm confused.  The rules say "Complete two adult aspirations no other heir has completed.", right?  There are nine acceptable aspirations since athletic is banned because of body builder.  You need eight immortals.  So how can you complete two aspirations no other immortal has completed?  You would have to have at least 16 aspirations in order to complete two and make them unique to your immortal.  Or, are you considering the parts of an aspiration, like Food has two, Master Chef and Mixologist, as two aspirations?  So, if I selected Food as my major aspiration, (the one you choose when you create your Sim), I could then select BOTH Master Chef and Mixologist as my two, unique aspirations?  If that is the case, can you also mix and match?  For instance, you first choose Food, (or any other aspiration), and then go for Mixologist and choose Fortune and Fabulously Wealthy as your second aspiration?

Am I right in thinking "complete" means you have to go through ALL the various stages and steps of your chosen aspiration(s) and max it in order for it to be complete, or do you just do a part of it?

Next question is about the museum.  If you want to have childhood things in it your child AND teen has to complete a childhood aspiration and teen aspiration?  If they complete an aspiration each can they pick something like food as a museum contribution AND childhood drawings or would it have to be 10 pieces of food or whatever they chose to contribute as their museum items?

The more I think the more confused I get and the closer I am to thinking my entire dynasty is a do over.  C'est la vie.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #439 on: November 30, 2014, 02:59:11 PM »
No, each branch/part is considered its own aspiration. So Master Chef and Mixologist can both be completed as count as the two unique ones. Or you can mix and match.

Complete means complete all the steps to the aspirations.

Just children have to complete an aspiration for the extra items. Teen aspirations don't factor into this.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #440 on: November 30, 2014, 03:12:07 PM »
No, each branch/part is considered its own aspiration. So Master Chef and Mixologist can both be completed as count as the two unique ones. Or you can mix and match.

Complete means complete all the steps to the aspirations.

Just children have to complete an aspiration for the extra items. Teen aspirations don't factor into this.

Thank you for the fast response Trip.  Last answer needs one bit of clarification.  Can the museum items added by completing a childhood aspiration be something the child creates AND something like crystals or JUST what the child created but ten of them instead of eight?

Next bit of confusion, ( I really should NOT re-read the rules!), is about the four unique rewards.  Are the potions, such as Fun Replacement potion, considered one of the unique rewards, and if they are can the person who originally bought them use the one they bought and replace it with a new one at need?  That would give 40 possible rewards, 39 if you consider the youth potion to be banned and therefor should not be bought.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #441 on: November 30, 2014, 03:38:13 PM »
Next bit of confusion, ( I really should NOT re-read the rules!), is about the four unique rewards.  Are the potions, such as Fun Replacement potion, considered one of the unique rewards, and if they are can the person who originally bought them use the one they bought and replace it with a new one at need?  That would give 40 possible rewards, 39 if you consider the youth potion to be banned and therefor should not be bought.

Each of the Emotion potions (say that 5 times fast) would count as a unique reward.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #442 on: November 30, 2014, 03:42:24 PM »
Thank you, Metro.  After looking at my game and where my Sim is at before aging up to elder I can see there just is no way for her to be successful so I'm doing a new game if that is ok.  I don't mind restarting with a new Sim because I learn new things with each attempt.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #443 on: November 30, 2014, 03:53:06 PM »
Best of luck, Joria, with your new attempt. :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #444 on: November 30, 2014, 04:31:43 PM »
In case I missed it somewhere, can we adopt? To have a spare to help with things like gardening? Instead of bringing sims in from town?

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #445 on: November 30, 2014, 04:45:09 PM »
In case I missed it somewhere, can we adopt? To have a spare to help with things like gardening? Instead of bringing sims in from town?
I think it works like in the previous Immortal dynasty: Non-Immortals can adopt at any time. Future Immortals can only adopt after they've had their first child.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #446 on: November 30, 2014, 05:52:17 PM »
Sounds about right. They're mortals like any other. Remember the rules about mortals and adopt a child if you want to. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #447 on: November 30, 2014, 06:00:55 PM »
Well Skye had her first child, I was going to have her adopt since her #2 hubby to be is about to kick the bucket but somehow she is preggo.. LOL maybe I'll still have her adopt .. *shrugs*

Edit:

Becareful what you wish for.. She had twins. So now Adoption here! LOL

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #448 on: November 30, 2014, 08:25:28 PM »
Let's hope hubby doesn't kick the bucket too soon then!  You'll need all the help you can get with the twins.

Try number 2:  So far one successful party, (date) and an engagement to Don Lothario who is now looking for, (and hopefully found), his soul mate while he paints away to bring in some cash.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #449 on: November 30, 2014, 08:28:21 PM »
They are ready to age up so alls good now. Lol I hope you get further this time

anything