Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707201 times)

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #450 on: November 30, 2014, 08:31:10 PM »
Looks challenging, maybe even a little more challenging than the Sims 3 Dynasty Challenges. I'm going to give this a try! Hopefully my first Immortal Dynasty will go well!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #451 on: December 01, 2014, 09:29:42 AM »
Can the museum items added by completing a childhood aspiration be something the child creates AND something like crystals or JUST what the child created but ten of them instead of eight?

It can be something the child creates OR something you collect later on in the heir's life.  Since museum item needs to be unique type, you have to contribute 8 or 10 of the same unique type, cannot be mix or match.

Examples:
If your child heir completes childhood aspiration, he can donate 10 Kid's Drawings (from creativity skill)
If your child heir DID NOT complete childhood aspiration, he can donate 8 Kid's Drawings (from creativity skill)
If your child heir completes childhood aspiration, he can donate 10 crystals (from collecting)
If your child heir DID NOT complete childhood aspiration, he can donate 8 crystals (from collecting).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #452 on: December 01, 2014, 02:28:40 PM »
So, if I selected Food as my major aspiration, (the one you choose when you create your Sim), I could then select BOTH Master Chef and Mixologist as my two, unique aspirations? 

You actually can't do both Master Chef and Mixologist, because Master Chef requires joining the Chef career and Mixologist requires joining the Mixology career.  Both of these are under Culinary - unlike Sims 3, you can't quit one branch and then join the other branch in the Culinary career.  Once you've chosen, when you quit, and then rejoin, you go back into the same branch - you don't get to pick again.

At least, that's what happened to me in my first Sims 4 game - it's possible this got fixed with a patch and I just don't know it, but I haven't seen anything about it getting fixed.  :D

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #453 on: December 01, 2014, 02:44:56 PM »
You actually can't do both Master Chef and Mixologist, because Master Chef requires joining the Chef career and Mixologist requires joining the Mixology career.  Both of these are under Culinary - unlike Sims 3, you can't quit one branch and then join the other branch in the Culinary career.  Once you've chosen, when you quit, and then rejoin, you go back into the same branch - you don't get to pick again.

At least, that's what happened to me in my first Sims 4 game - it's possible this got fixed with a patch and I just don't know it, but I haven't seen anything about it getting fixed.  :D

The master Chef only requires level 5 career, so you can do both.  Simply because the requirement for Master chef is BEFORE the career split occurs.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #454 on: December 01, 2014, 03:27:36 PM »
The master Chef only requires level 5 career, so you can do both.  Simply because the requirement for Master chef is BEFORE the career split occurs.

But wouldn't that foul it up for future heirs?  Don't the careers have to be unique so if you got to Master Chef lvl 5 and then get to lvl 10 in Mixology branch wouldn't that basically take up one career an heir could not take?  Is this kind of thing, (able to do two careers in one branch), true for other careers?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #455 on: December 01, 2014, 04:00:08 PM »
But wouldn't that foul it up for future heirs?  Don't the careers have to be unique so if you got to Master Chef lvl 5 and then get to lvl 10 in Mixology branch wouldn't that basically take up one career an heir could not take?  Is this kind of thing, (able to do two careers in one branch), true for other careers?
Correct me if I'm wrong team, the requirement is to max a unique career, thus the pre-split levels can be done just not taking the same branch if you want to do the aspirations on different sims.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #456 on: December 01, 2014, 04:07:27 PM »
Margerita is correct. The restriction is on maxing, not joining.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #457 on: December 01, 2014, 05:21:36 PM »

You're thinking of it like master chef is the entire career, but you can choose to split into mixology.  think rather that before the split, you're in "generic cooking career", then after the split is when you choose your "real career".  also, even if what you said was true, you still have to max out the career.  so technically you could have a sim that finishes master chef (which requires cooking career) and computer nerd (which requires tech guru), then gets to level 10 in criminal oracle career (it would just be a pain).  Your other Dynasty sims can still be chefs and tech gurus, and they can even max it and count it as their "unique career" as long as that first sim didnt max them.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #458 on: December 01, 2014, 07:08:30 PM »
Thank you Margerita, Trip and deathduk.  Sometimes I over think things, so you guys really help a lot.

EDIT to ask question:  My Tense Sim keeps getting the whim, "watch fireplace chanel".  As far as I can see there is no such thing.  Does this mean have a fireplace and sit in front of it while it's on?  Or is there something I need to do to the tv to get the fireplace chanel?

----------
My No Buy Story

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #459 on: December 01, 2014, 09:57:08 PM »
EDIT to ask question:  My Tense Sim keeps getting the whim, "watch fireplace chanel".  As far as I can see there is no such thing.  Does this mean have a fireplace and sit in front of it while it's on?  Or is there something I need to do to the tv to get the fireplace chanel?

I snooped around and discovered it's a Handiness upgrade on the TV - the Upgrade Frequency upgrade unlocks a couple hidden channels.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #460 on: December 01, 2014, 09:59:07 PM »
I snooped around and discovered it's a Handiness upgrade on the TV - the Upgrade Frequency upgrade unlocks a couple hidden channels.

Good find.  I forgot you could do that at high handiness, I rarely ever get there anymore...
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #461 on: December 02, 2014, 03:14:21 AM »
The discussion around the culinary career confused me, so just to clarify:

The unique career requirement refers to the entire career irrespective of branch selected, correct? If my founder maxes the mixology branch of the culinary career, that's the culinary career maxed. His son cannot max the chef branch of the culinary career and have it count towards the unique career requirement; he needs to choose a different career altogether, such as painter or writer or astronaut, correct? There are 8 careers (presently, could be 10 before the end of the month) and 8 immortals so it works.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #462 on: December 02, 2014, 05:27:28 AM »
The discussion around the culinary career confused me, so just to clarify:

The unique career requirement refers to the entire career irrespective of branch selected, correct? If my founder maxes the mixology branch of the culinary career, that's the culinary career maxed. His son cannot max the chef branch of the culinary career and have it count towards the unique career requirement; he needs to choose a different career altogether, such as painter or writer or astronaut, correct? There are 8 careers (presently, could be 10 before the end of the month) and 8 immortals so it works.

No
Mixologist would be a unique career, so would the Chef.
So right now there are 16 possible careers to choose.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #463 on: December 02, 2014, 05:42:56 AM »
Ah, cool! That makes things slightly easier then. :) Thanks Lena.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #464 on: December 02, 2014, 05:56:50 AM »

Does it have to be a higher level tv?

----------
My No Buy Story