Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708257 times)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #405 on: November 26, 2014, 10:22:21 AM »
Any suggestion on how to reword that rule?
How about:
Have 5 Good Friends that aren't part of your household at the time of eating ambrosia for the first time. Other heirs can share these Good Friends.
Have 1 unique BFF (ask to be Best Friends) not in the household at the time of eating ambrosia for the first time. The BFF must not have been a Good Friend of another Immortal nor any future Immortal.

I personally think separating the two parts would be clearest.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #406 on: November 26, 2014, 10:25:35 AM »
How about:
Have 5 Good Friends that aren't part of your household at the time of eating ambrosia for the first time. Other heirs can share these Good Friends.
Have 1 unique BFF (ask to be Best Friends) not in the household at the time of eating ambrosia for the first time. The BFF must not have been a Good Friend of another Immortal nor any future Immortal.

I personally think separating the two parts would be clearest.

I both understand, and agree with this wording.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #407 on: November 26, 2014, 10:46:54 AM »
Well when metropolis man made the rule, he wanted the numbers to match the requirements.  Like rule #1 -- have ONE career, rule #2 -- have TWO aspirations, rule #3 -- have THREE skills, etc etc.

Originally rule #6 was have 6 friends only, later he added the unique BFF on.  I'm sure he wants to stick with rule numbers matching the requirements. 

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #408 on: November 26, 2014, 11:12:44 AM »
What about:
6. Have six Good Friends not in the household at the time of eating Ambrosia for the first time. Other Heirs can share these Good Friends except one needs to be a unique B.F.F (ask to be Best Friends). This B.F.F cannot be a Good Friend or B.F.F to any other Heir.  Don’t worry if friendships deteriorate after Ambrosia has been eaten.

If people have made the mistake by now and they do not have the time to change friends, I would say they should be allowed to continue their attempt.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #409 on: November 26, 2014, 11:50:58 AM »
Okay, the one extra sentence Lena suggested I think was a good one and I added it just now. Thank you, Lena.

And I agree that if you went on the assumption that the BFF COULD be a Good Friend of another heir and you do not have time to change things without messing up your Dynasty, fine. You get a free pass. But, now everyone is clear, so from this point on in anyone's Dynasty - please have all future heirs follow the new friends rule that any heir's BFF is totally off limits for other Heirs.

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #410 on: November 26, 2014, 12:42:23 PM »
I do wish the team would re-think the rule that good friends can't be members of the same household. I'm on generation 5 of another game, and for a while the only living sims in my town were members of my household. In that same game, my sim became the boyfriend of a sim who was not living in a house, and she was culled from the game the next day. I understand the desire to make things difficult, but I do think that when people get farther along in their dynasties, they will experience major problems with finding and keeping their good friends.

I just wanted to add that currently I am just at gen 3 and in Oasis Springs the only sims in a house apart from my family are ghosts. So there are NO living sims in any of the houses. Seeing as ghosts don't die, I am assuming that this will remain like this until the end of the game. In Willow Creek I have two living households and only one ghost household.

Could you make a rule that ghosts in houses could be evicted using Household Management so that would give the game a chance to replace them with living sims?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #411 on: November 26, 2014, 01:04:09 PM »
Okay, the one extra sentence Lena suggested I think was a good one and I added it just now. Thank you, Lena.

And I agree that if you went on the assumption that the BFF COULD be a Good Friend of another heir and you do not have time to change things without messing up your Dynasty, fine. You get a free pass. But, now everyone is clear, so from this point on in anyone's Dynasty - please have all future heirs follow the new friends rule that any heir's BFF is totally off limits for other Heirs.

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Thanks Metro for clearning that up (and the other forum members!) I really thought that only the BFF had to be unique in the sense that no other heir could have that one as BFF, didn't know the good friends of one heir couldn't be the the BFF of another. I'm at generation three now and the first two generations share one friend (good friend of the founder, BFF of the second gen heir). I will make sure this won't happen for the third generation, since I'm still working on that. Glad we can do it like this, because I wouldn't want to start over.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #412 on: November 26, 2014, 01:57:28 PM »
I do wish the team would re-think the rule that good friends can't be members of the same household. I'm on generation 5 of another game, and for a while the only living sims in my town were members of my household.

Yes the team will discuss this. 

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #413 on: November 27, 2014, 01:07:21 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a glitch in my game or if the newest patch did something to my game, but I am unable to have an adult read to the two children in my household.  I've tried several things, including opening the bookshelf and clicking on the children's book from there, having them place it in the world and then click on it.  I even sold the shelf then bought a new one, hoping it would help.  I only bring this up because being unable to read makes it impossible to complete at least 2 aspirations right off the bat (Whiz Kid for children and Successful Lineage for adults).  Does anyone have any other solutions or suggestions?  I know my other games have allowed me to do it before.  Though I'm already worried my founder is going to fail, I still have time, but if I can't figure this out, I don't know what to do.  I'll probably have to restart :(

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #414 on: November 27, 2014, 01:19:18 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a glitch in my game or if the newest patch did something to my game, but I am unable to have an adult read to the two children in my household.  I've tried several things, including opening the bookshelf and clicking on the children's book from there, having them place it in the world and then click on it.  I even sold the shelf then bought a new one, hoping it would help.  I only bring this up because being unable to read makes it impossible to complete at least 2 aspirations right off the bat (Whiz Kid for children and Successful Lineage for adults).  Does anyone have any other solutions or suggestions?  I know my other games have allowed me to do it before.  Though I'm already worried my founder is going to fail, I still have time, but if I can't figure this out, I don't know what to do.  I'll probably have to restart :(

I have not heard about anyone having this problem though.
Have you tried to do reset sim on the sims in question?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #415 on: November 27, 2014, 01:44:48 PM »
And if you've done that, have you exited the game and restarted?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #416 on: November 28, 2014, 12:09:11 AM »
I have not heard about anyone having this problem though.
Have you tried to do reset sim on the sims in question?

It's all Sims in question.  It seems to be that the objects themselves are bugged/glitched.  I haven't figured out how to reset objects in Sims 4 yet, nor do I know if I'm allowed to do it for the challenge.  Do you think a global reset might help?

And if you've done that, have you exited the game and restarted?

I have exited the game and restarted and still doesn't allow it.  It's very strange and I've never had something quite like this pop up.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #417 on: November 28, 2014, 12:57:47 AM »

I had a lot of difficulty getting Abi to read to child Lily. Each time Abi (the adult) got stuck and just sat there sort of wobbling her head. In the end I put the children's book on the floor in front of the couch, had Abi sit on couch, had Child sit on couch, clicked on the book with Abi, Abi picked up the book sat on the couch... and was able to read to child.

If I tried anywhere else in the house Abi would just get stuck.  I tried with the book in Abi's inventory while she and child were sitting on the couch but ABi got up and walked to the table.... and glitched out.  etc

Hope this helps somehow... it does seem as though it is glitched out but luckily I was able to make it work by mucking around for quite some time.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #418 on: November 28, 2014, 02:09:51 AM »

I had a lot of difficulty getting Abi to read to child Lily. Each time Abi (the adult) got stuck and just sat there sort of wobbling her head. In the end I put the children's book on the floor in front of the couch, had Abi sit on couch, had Child sit on couch, clicked on the book with Abi, Abi picked up the book sat on the couch... and was able to read to child.

If I tried anywhere else in the house Abi would just get stuck.  I tried with the book in Abi's inventory while she and child were sitting on the couch but ABi got up and walked to the table.... and glitched out.  etc

Hope this helps somehow... it does seem as though it is glitched out but luckily I was able to make it work by mucking around for quite some time.

But did the option to actually read to the child come up?  I'm not even getting the option to read to the child.  It just doesn't show up.  All that comes up is Read 'Such-and-such Book' or 'Put Away'.  My Bookworm Sim gets 'Analyze' as well, but the option to 'Read to...' isn't there at all.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #419 on: November 28, 2014, 02:36:34 AM »
But did the option to actually read to the child come up?  I'm not even getting the option to read to the child.  It just doesn't show up.  All that comes up is Read 'Such-and-such Book' or 'Put Away'.  My Bookworm Sim gets 'Analyze' as well, but the option to 'Read to...' isn't there at all.

Have you made sure its a childrens book too? Because if not the option will not show up.