Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 704813 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #465 on: December 02, 2014, 08:21:32 PM »
I know it was brought up before about the Soulmate aspiration and BFF's.  Was there ever a ruling on that?  I know I saw Ratchie saying that she thought one Sim should be allowed to have one BFF in the house due to that aspiration.  Was that agreed upon?  I couldn't find the final ruling.  I mean, I know someone else mentioned that the relationship could be left to decay before ambrosia.  So I'm just curious how that's going to work.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #466 on: December 02, 2014, 09:29:15 PM »
I know it was brought up before about the Soulmate aspiration and BFF's.  Was there ever a ruling on that?  I know I saw Ratchie saying that she thought one Sim should be allowed to have one BFF in the house due to that aspiration.  Was that agreed upon?  I couldn't find the final ruling.  I mean, I know someone else mentioned that the relationship could be left to decay before ambrosia.  So I'm just curious how that's going to work.

I'd actually like to know this too...  I went friend of the world and soulmate for aspirations, and forgot that they conflicted so badly.  I've already fought with her enough to break the best friend before, and then had to bring it back to finish the soulmate aspiration.  If I didnt have to break it again that would be nice.  I have 2 good friends that are maxed out on friendship, so technically either of them could be my "outside bff".
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
« Reply #467 on: December 03, 2014, 01:38:29 AM »
Re: Ambrosia

Obviously the FOUNDER must reach Level 7 in gardening, Level 10 in Gourmet cooking,be lucky with fishing to caught an angelfish and buy a Potion of Youth. Once he reaches old age and has completed all the 8 requirement, he can cook and eat Ambrosia.

Now comes the Heir. This is where I am not sure if I understand the rules.

1. Can the FOUNDER cooks the Ambrosia and have only the HEIR(s) eat it?
OR
2.Do the Heir(s) needs to have all  the ingredients in their inventory AND have Level 10 Gourmet to cook and eat Ambrosia? 

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #468 on: December 03, 2014, 05:39:58 AM »
All the founder and heirs have to do is complete the requirements to eat ambrosia any members of the household can catch the angelfish,grow the plants or cook the ambrosia. If your founder can make ambrosia then it is fine for them to make it for all the heirs.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #469 on: December 03, 2014, 06:54:13 AM »
I think the team has discussed the whole friendship issue, and given story progression is a little funky now with the game not filling the town back up after townies die we are going to change...

6. Have six Good Friends not in the household at the time of eating Ambrosia for the first time. Other Heirs can share these Good Friends except one needs to be a unique B.F.F (ask to be Best Friends). This B.F.F cannot be a Good Friend or B.F.F to any other Heir. Don’t worry if friendships deteriorate after Ambrosia has been eaten.

to...

6. Have six Good Friends at the time of eating Ambrosia for the first time. Other Heirs can share these Good Friends except one needs to be a unique B.F.F (ask to be Best Friends). This B.F.F cannot be a Good Friend or B.F.F to any other Heir. Don’t worry if friendships deteriorate after Ambrosia has been eaten.[/quote]

So, basically it's the exact same rule except whether or not the Good Friends are household members would be eliminated. Team - sign off on this today if you agree and one of us can make the rules edit.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #470 on: December 03, 2014, 07:05:31 AM »
I am in agreement.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #471 on: December 03, 2014, 12:03:20 PM »
In agreement too.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #472 on: December 03, 2014, 12:40:49 PM »
I think the team has discussed the whole friendship issue, and given story progression is a little funky now with the game not filling the town back up after townies die we are going to change...

to...

6. Have six Good Friends at the time of eating Ambrosia for the first time. Other Heirs can share these Good Friends except one needs to be a unique B.F.F (ask to be Best Friends). This B.F.F cannot be a Good Friend or B.F.F to any other Heir. Don’t worry if friendships deteriorate after Ambrosia has been eaten.

So, basically it's the exact same rule except whether or not the Good Friends are household members would be eliminated. Team - sign off on this today if you agree and one of us can make the rules edit.

Thank heaven........and the Team!!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #473 on: December 03, 2014, 12:45:40 PM »

to...

6. Have six Good Friends at the time of eating Ambrosia for the first time. Other Heirs can share these Good Friends except one needs to be a unique B.F.F (ask to be Best Friends). This B.F.F cannot be a Good Friend or B.F.F to any other Heir. Don’t worry if friendships deteriorate after Ambrosia has been eaten.

Sounds awesome!  But anyone running soulmate aspiration has the same issue still, your BFF is a member of the household.  Any thoughts on this?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #474 on: December 03, 2014, 12:48:20 PM »
That rule change will make it lots easier if the town dies on me somewhat during later generations. That means their spouse plus other Immortals can be used if I run into problems.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #475 on: December 03, 2014, 01:00:54 PM »
Sounds awesome!  But anyone running soulmate aspiration has the same issue still, your BFF is a member of the household.  Any thoughts on this?

It wouldn't matter then, deth.  The household restriction would be lifted.  So you can use your household members as friends.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #476 on: December 03, 2014, 01:02:45 PM »
Could the team have a think about evicting ghosts from houses using 'Manage Worlds'?

If the ghosts were evicted they may be replaced with living sims which would make game play a lot more fun and also help with friends etc as sims that are in houses don't get culled.

In Oasis Springs I only have ghosts in the houses and in Willow Creek only one living sim.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #477 on: December 03, 2014, 01:25:59 PM »
It wouldn't matter then, deth.  The household restriction would be lifted.  So you can use your household members as friends.

The rule specifies that good friends can be in the household, but BFFs must still be unique, meaning that no other dynasty members can have the person as a good friend.  It would be hard enough to do that with a household member unless every other sim in the household disliked them, and given that its their mother/grandmother...  though truthfully, my kid is NOT getting along with his mother right now.  Won't stop yelling at each-other.  So yeah, maybe there can be a special rule for soulmate?  has to have 6 good friends AND the soulmate?  That makes it so you still need 6 good friends not including your wife, but removes the unique bff requirement, resulting in needing one more good friend total than usual.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #478 on: December 03, 2014, 01:45:08 PM »
The rule specifies that good friends can be in the household, but BFFs must still be unique, meaning that no other dynasty members can have the person as a good friend.  It would be hard enough to do that with a household member unless every other sim in the household disliked them, and given that its their mother/grandmother...  though truthfully, my kid is NOT getting along with his mother right now.  Won't stop yelling at each-other.  So yeah, maybe there can be a special rule for soulmate?  has to have 6 good friends AND the soulmate?  That makes it so you still need 6 good friends not including your wife, but removes the unique bff requirement, resulting in needing one more good friend total than usual.

This is true, though honestly, in my last dynasty attempt, I was lucky if any of my household members (aside from spouses) were friends XD  With each person having things they have to do, I think you'll find that it should be ok.  Or just keep an eye on the interactions between any heirs and the spouse of the one who went with the Soulmate aspiration. 

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #479 on: December 03, 2014, 02:05:55 PM »
Could the team have a think about evicting ghosts from houses using 'Manage Worlds'?

If the ghosts were evicted they may be replaced with living sims which would make game play a lot more fun and also help with friends etc as sims that are in houses don't get culled.

In Oasis Springs I only have ghosts in the houses and in Willow Creek only one living sim.
I'm not far enough along yet to have this problem, but I agree that it would be much better to have living residents in the homes.  But I don't see anything in the rules that says good friends and BFFs can't be ghosts.   Is it there and I'm just not seeing it?