Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707137 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #660 on: December 18, 2014, 06:12:50 PM »
Kind of need an answer on this soon.  If the answer is no you can't attempt to cause an NPC cardiac arrest no matter how obscure your methods, that's fine but it will make the new public enemy aspiration extremely difficult.

Basically, you're asking if one of your heirs has the Public Enemy Aspiration, then they should be allowed to "help" cause a death, right?

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #661 on: December 18, 2014, 06:20:52 PM »
Mmm...  more or less.  I'd even be willing to set up a fight between 2 mean NPC sims that my household sim does nothing but watch if that's okay, but in the end I still attempted to kill a sim off, which is against the rules.  So yes, I'm asking for an exception due to how difficult the aspiration requirement is.

Edit:  I'm sure it's possible to witness a Sims death naturally, I just hate that I have no control over it whatsoever and therefor the completion of the aspiration is based more on luck than on my skill at playing the game.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #662 on: December 18, 2014, 06:22:54 PM »
Mmm...  more or less.  I'd even be willing to set up a fight between 2 mean NPC sims that my household sim does nothing but watch if that's okay, but in the end I still attempted to kill a sim off, which is against the rules.  So yes, I'm asking for an exception due to how difficult the aspiration requirement is.

I am ok with it. I guess it will be the sole exception for an heir who has that Aspiration.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #663 on: December 18, 2014, 06:29:56 PM »
I am ok with it. I guess it will be the sole exception for an heir who has that Aspiration.

Awesome!  I'll give it a day in case the other Challenge Team Members have different opinions or something. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #664 on: December 21, 2014, 06:25:19 PM »
Hey team!  I've got 2 bugged aspirations, one for "earn an A at school" and one for "get to tech guru level 5".  I can provide screenshots for proof of completion on both, may I use cheats to complete?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #665 on: December 21, 2014, 07:07:16 PM »
Hey team!  I've got 2 bugged aspirations, one for "earn an A at school" and one for "get to tech guru level 5".  I can provide screenshots for proof of completion on both, may I use cheats to complete?

Sure, go ahead.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #666 on: December 24, 2014, 03:02:51 PM »
Happy Holidays everyone!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #667 on: December 24, 2014, 04:47:05 PM »
Happy holidays from me, too!

I think there's a way to figure out how many days your dynasty takes. The first time a sim that was a YA at the beginning of the game becomes an elder, the age is given as 100. Since they get 20 days as a YA and 20 as an adult, this is obviously 60 days off. As your founder continues to take ambrosia, the day counter doesn't reset. Therefore, when your dynasty comes to an end, you should be able to subtract 60 from the age of your founder and get the number of days that you've taken.

Of course, that assumes that you won't have to re-start, or that a subsequent patch won't throw a spanner into the works.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Eloise

• Nooboo
« Reply #668 on: December 27, 2014, 08:27:48 AM »
So I've spent a few hours reading through this whole thread (finally finished!) and I'm still not 100% clear on the unique rewards requirement (I'm new to this  :-[).

I just want to clarify that if, for example, I record the Inspired Potion as a unique reward for my founder, no other sim, either mortal or immortal, may buy it even if it is not recorded as a unique reward (for immortals) i.e. the right to purchase this potion is the sole right of my founder (in this example)?

Thanks, sorry for bringing this up again!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #669 on: December 27, 2014, 09:11:44 AM »
So I've spent a few hours reading through this whole thread (finally finished!) and I'm still not 100% clear on the unique rewards requirement (I'm new to this  :-[).

I just want to clarify that if, for example, I record the Inspired Potion as a unique reward for my founder, no other sim, either mortal or immortal, may buy it even if it is not recorded as a unique reward (for immortals) i.e. the right to purchase this potion is the sole right of my founder (in this example)?

Thanks, sorry for bringing this up again!

Non Heirs are NOT tied to the same restrictions as Heirs/Immortals. So, in your example your Founder buys the Inspired Potion and that is one of the 4 unique rewards you have slated for him/her. Then it becomes off limits for all other heirs, but not spouses, non immortals, etc.

Offline Eloise

• Nooboo
« Reply #670 on: December 27, 2014, 09:26:04 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply, got it now!

Offline Eloise

• Nooboo
« Reply #671 on: December 27, 2014, 09:49:06 AM »
Sorry to post again right away, but has anybody else has trouble finding cherry seeds or fruit (to graft to get pomegranate) to plant?

I've unlocked Sylvan Glades and have returned every (sim) day, but none of the plants seem to have grown at all! I water and chat with the entrance tree every time I visit, as well. Thanks again!

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #672 on: December 27, 2014, 12:07:32 PM »
@Eloise, you don't need to chat with the entrance tree every time. As for the cherry tree, I've never harvested fruit from it, but when you get to be a level 7 gardener, you can take a cutting. Some people have been able to get a pomegranate from fishing.

Offline Eloise

• Nooboo
« Reply #673 on: December 27, 2014, 05:56:24 PM »
Oh okay, thanks! So does that mean that once my founder's spouse gets to level 7 gardening I can take a clipping from the wild cherry tree, even if it's not fully grown?

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #674 on: December 27, 2014, 08:01:30 PM »
Yes, it has to be larger than a sprout -- 3 or 4 visits should get it to that point.