Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698165 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #735 on: February 07, 2015, 04:34:27 AM »
This happens to me every time an immortal eats ambrosia. I am able to go into building mode and delete it by grabbing the plate and hitting the delete key on my keyboard. Which in itself is strange as you can't do that with normal plates. Anyway, maybe that will work for you.

I got that too. Very weird

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #736 on: February 07, 2015, 09:16:48 AM »
So I'm not the only one! Since no one else mentioned it I thought it might have been some bad CC and got rid of loads. Deleting the plate doesn't work for me, just building and deleting through a room  :o
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #737 on: February 07, 2015, 09:20:20 AM »
I have the same problem. I have to delete from build/ buy mode also. I just leave it the museum until I go back in for some reason

EDITED:

I made a post in the Sims 4 forums about this if you guys want to post to it. That way they know others have the same problem..

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814146/ambrosia-plate-bug?new=1

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #738 on: February 08, 2015, 04:49:26 AM »
Thanks, Shannon.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #739 on: February 09, 2015, 05:43:18 AM »
I was rounding up the requirements of my second immortal. I choose to do the mansion baron aspiration. You have to have a $350.000 worth house for that. So I was building and building to get that aspiration done. And I notcited I needed more money than I expected. I'm not entierly sure how it works. Is it because stuff gets worth less over time?
When I finished my aspiration and saved my game crashed >.< Luckily I could load another save which is a day before completions, so not much loss. Somehow this game always chooses the worst time to crash  :P

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #740 on: February 09, 2015, 07:42:56 AM »
I was rounding up the requirements of my second immortal. I choose to do the mansion baron aspiration. You have to have a $350.000 worth house for that. So I was building and building to get that aspiration done. And I noticed I needed more money than I expected. I'm not entirely sure how it works. Is it because stuff gets worth less over time?

20% depreciation the moment you buy an object. So in short, yes.

I've got a save that I've had for 3 generations, and the big carpet that is new at 825 is now worth 660. So that's the 20% it lost the moment it was bought. But bathroom / kitchen / electrical appliances either continue to depreciate steadily, or they lose value every time they break. I have a fully upgraded sink worth $1, and an InvisiView TV worth exactly zero.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #741 on: February 09, 2015, 12:10:24 PM »
Ah yeah, makes sense. I didn't know it was that instant.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #742 on: February 10, 2015, 08:28:41 AM »
Question:

Is it possible to have a wedding party at a location other than the home lot in the challenge?  Personally, I love having weddings at the park in Willow Creek but would have to add to that lot.  So just wondering.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #743 on: February 10, 2015, 12:04:54 PM »
@Dellena I don't think we can:

Editing any lot other than home lot is banned, except for putting tombstones in substitute cemeteries.

Dellena

« Reply #744 on: February 10, 2015, 12:12:06 PM »
Seems a shame that we're limited to a Wedding Party on only one lot.  Oh well.  Also, it seems gay couples are also out. :)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #745 on: February 10, 2015, 12:19:25 PM »
Why would they be? I haven't played a gay couple yet.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #746 on: February 10, 2015, 12:57:30 PM »
Well Dynasties = bloodline and natural pregnancies. It's not that the team is making any kind of social statement on gays because we're not.

Dellena

« Reply #747 on: February 10, 2015, 08:55:10 PM »
I'm having issues with the events.  The wedding event for my founder and her fiance bugged out.  It appeared that I was getting credit for the initial criteria because it went to silver but the items didn't tick off the list (like the get married even).  So since they didn't tick off, the new criteria never popped up so I couldn't get a gold.  Now I'm doing a birthday party for the spouse and the Have an Adult Make a Toast isn't working.  My founder had a drink and tried Make Toast about three times.  All three times the animations completed and it looked good but no completion.  I hope the dates work.  Haven't done them yet.  The only event I've managed to get to work properly so far is the House Party.

Edit:  The next day was my Founder's birthday and I hosted it on the home lot and it went off without a hitch.  But it had different criteria and the Make Toast didn't come up.

Offline pithenia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #748 on: February 12, 2015, 08:12:01 AM »
Soon as I solve my microphone problem, I will be starting this challenge. I want to make an LP as well as a story . . .
Just keep Simmin'

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #749 on: February 12, 2015, 01:23:12 PM »
Can an aspiration be completed during the teen stage and the second when the heir is young adult/adult?