Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707738 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1485 on: October 19, 2015, 04:56:59 PM »
As a long time,multiple failure dynasty player, my advice to you Big Mud and tjtemple, is "if at first you don't succeed", etc. etc. except you have to say, try, and try, and try, and try,  lol.  Keep at it.  It took me ten consecutive tries before I had a founder eat ambrosia.  I'm only at the first heir right now but I write EVERYTHING down.  That way I can see who has unique things and I avoid that particular fail, (this time).  I also did something smart, I asked those who have done marvelous stories I've been reading how they did this or that and what advice would they give and what their secrets are.  I'll share one:  Moodlet Manager potion!!!  As soon as you are able to clone these puppies the better off you will be.  My poor Sims never eat, sleep or anything else that doesn't have to do with getting to that all important ambrosia or an interesting, (to me), part of the story.  Speaking of stories......please people.....update!!!  I'm story deprived.  It's forcing me to do my own updating and I'd much rather read yours.  Welcome tj and BigMud. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1486 on: October 19, 2015, 05:03:30 PM »
Thanks Joria, I'm just not ready to start over yet; I'm still grieving my 6 generations I spent so many hours on..... Thinking how easy it was and how clever I was!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1487 on: October 19, 2015, 05:05:18 PM »
Sorry, hit enter too quick. I meant to ask, how do you clone something? Is that a "get to work" thing? Can you clone any of the ambrosia stuff? Angelfish? Now that would make it easier!!! Thanks again, TJ

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1488 on: October 19, 2015, 06:10:19 PM »
Yes, It's a Get to Work thing.  I immediately enlisted the help of the Landgraabs, (hate being poor), and once he was old enough I sent Malcolm into the Scientist career merely because I knew he would make several important items, a ray gun, (marvelous for making money by changing poor items into better higher priced ones!), a satellite, a cloning machine and the thing that gets you to Sixam.  The two most important ones for me so far are the satellite dish, (not fond of aliens), and the cloning machine.  So you have your founder buy ONE of each potion and reserve it for when you have the machine then clone away from that one.  They store nicely. 

No, you aren't allowed to clone death flowers, angelfish or potions of youth.  Those you have to do the hard way. 

Cloning takes very little time (I think it shows about 15 Sim minutes), but it can sometimes fail.  You get this grey lump worth only $1 if it fails but it does not harm the original so only time lost.  It meant that sometimes I had to follow Malcolm to work which left my founder doing other stuff, (like being at work herself), in order to get him to a high enough level to produce those items.  Having science equipment in the house helped raise his eureka moments so he was promoted pretty quickly.

I do understand the grieving after all that work.  I was moving quite along in TS3 with my dynasty there.  The final straw was when the game ate all my museum pieces so no paintings of people.  Couldn't recover from that and never finished it but it had been months of play.  It was almost two years before I decided to attempt a dynasty and as I said, tons of failures before I even got a founder to the table.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Hadron1776

• Nooboo
« Reply #1489 on: October 19, 2015, 08:28:42 PM »
I just started a dynasty today, and since the bodybuilder aspiration is banned due to the life extension reward, I'm not going to use the active trait either...
(It's not advertised, but a sim with the active trait will get a life extension at the elder stage as well, just not quite as much as the long-lived trait gives)

Offline BigMud

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1490 on: October 19, 2015, 08:31:31 PM »
Ha, it took me a while to get the hang of using potions. I'm so used to playing sims 3 where you can't "cheat" needs with a potion or anything -- in fact, my usual gameplay style even in ts4 was strictly no potions/moodlet managers. In my current dynasty, however, my sims are practically addicted to the stuff!

I've gotten this far (my 2nd generation are teens) without using cloning, but I have plans to follow one of my helpers to work at the science lab and get a cloning machine. Unlimited moodlet solvers/sleep replacements would really make things a lot easier, especially seeing how old my founder was before he got his requirements all set (he was one day away from a bubbling bar). I'd love for my future generations to get their requirements done earlier and have a little time to have a life, etc.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1491 on: October 19, 2015, 09:23:32 PM »
My tip is start your founder in the Science career, get the cloning machine asap.  You can use your spouse to buy one of all the potion you need and store it away until you have the cloning machine made.  Also always get Connections reward trait, this save you at least one week being able to start the career at level 4.

Remember angelfish, deathflower, potion of youth, and ambrosia -- no cloning.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hadron1776

• Nooboo
« Reply #1492 on: October 20, 2015, 01:25:09 PM »
Does the 'no splitting households' rule apply to NPC households as well? As in, can I just ask someone (who is part of a larger household) to move in, or do I have to take their entire household when I do that?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1493 on: October 20, 2015, 01:44:47 PM »
You don't have to take their entire household, you can just move in that one person into your household.

Offline Hadron1776

• Nooboo
« Reply #1494 on: October 20, 2015, 02:19:18 PM »
Ok thanks, I had already moved someone in and a 'no' would basically have meant 'start over'. I'll try to ask first next time :D
'

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1495 on: October 20, 2015, 08:56:52 PM »
And since it's a "yes", it just depends on your plan.  I moved the entire Landgraab family in because first of all Nancy and Geoffrey would live just long enough to do my gardening/fishing to get it started and Malcolm would rapidly become the scientist who would provide me with a cloning machine.  I went a step further and had Nancy and Geof had a kid, (to replace one of them in the garden), and they surprised me with twins, so replaced them both and they are a big asset.  Wouldn't do that past the first or second heir though.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1496 on: October 21, 2015, 02:33:54 PM »
Just bought Get to Work so I can get cloning. Tell me please, do they ever get promoted if you send them to work alone?

Offline Hadron1776

• Nooboo
« Reply #1497 on: October 21, 2015, 02:43:52 PM »
I believe they do, just not as quickly.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1498 on: October 21, 2015, 02:50:27 PM »
Just bought Get to Work so I can get cloning. Tell me please, do they ever get promoted if you send them to work alone?

Send to work alone (my personal experience):
Level 2 and 3 took me 2 days of working hard to get promoted.
The rest of the levels took 3 days of working hard to get promoted - if you have focused/happy, if you have fine emotion, might take 4 days.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1499 on: October 22, 2015, 11:41:12 AM »
You can get them promoted a lot faster by buying the science equipment in Build/Buy and having your scientist work at things at home.  Didn't get many "eureka moments" with analyzing stuff but did get a few by using the  telescope and microscope, building a rocket ship, and best of all, (available only after you make it at work), calibrating and checking alien environment on the Electrolux Wormhole Generator.  I'd feed him a moodlet manager as often as needed and he worked at it all night, then went off to work, came home and worked on it more.  He'd get eureka moments, (what raises your promotion speed), rapidly and regularly.  I also made sure he had cloned focus potions so he'd stay focused at work.  The thing is, you have to go to work with them every so often to make sure they actually make the various pieces of equipment which you then put in your inventory and bring home with you.  Once you've got the equipment you don't really have to go to work unless it's your founder doing the work.  Mine was a helper.  I'll be posting a bit about Malcolm working in the science lab in my dynasty story today so you can see the equipment, wall of reward potions and shelves of the potions he makes at work, (and at home).

----------
My No Buy Story

anything