Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698081 times)

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1680 on: January 17, 2016, 07:43:57 AM »
If you complete all the requirements before turning to elder do you have to wait until you're elder to eat ambrosia or can you eat it at any age?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1681 on: January 17, 2016, 08:06:45 AM »
If you complete all the requirements before turning to elder do you have to wait until you're elder to eat ambrosia or can you eat it at any age?

Your sim has to wait until he or she is an elder. But congratulations on getting your sim to that point before becoming an elder!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1682 on: January 17, 2016, 08:43:42 AM »

Your sim has to wait until he or she is an elder. But congratulations on getting your sim to that point before becoming an elder!

Thanks for the clarification. In the rules I thought it said elder, but in the hall of fame some of them look old and some look young, so I was getting a little confused.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1683 on: January 17, 2016, 08:48:41 AM »
@december22 - good point.  I will check with the hall of famers players to see what is up with the non-elder looking heirs. 

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1684 on: January 17, 2016, 09:01:21 AM »
There was a bug that caused that. For awhile all my elders looked good for elders. In cas they where old and wrinkly but when you would go back In game, they looked like they did as a adult , just a tad older. Then it was fixed and all my good-looking sims turned old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1685 on: January 17, 2016, 09:28:34 AM »
@tjtemple
Have you tried the standard things:
Reset Sim
Repair of game

And others if ther are more?

@LenaLJ Thank you, neither worked but creating a new "everyday" outfit included a new face, then I deleted the old outfits.  Sorted.  He's back to his handsome self again!  Phew... attempt 5 continues!  ;D

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #1686 on: January 17, 2016, 09:29:47 AM »
Good luck, you can do it :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1687 on: January 17, 2016, 09:32:42 AM »
Good luck, you can do it :)

Hmm, thank you, it's so LONG!!  I will probably have turned elder - possibly once I retire & hopefully before grim gets me!  :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1688 on: January 23, 2016, 06:10:29 PM »
I'd like a confirmation about ambrosia.
I always equip each immortal with one serving of ambrosia in advance, keeping a stock of pre-made ambrosia in a doorless room on the roof.
Since setting "Cleaning" as one of the household club's activities, however, the immortals constantly "Put away" their ambrosia in the fridge.
No sim has autonomously eaten any ambrosia from the fridge, but I'd just like to confirm.

Do sims only eat ambrosia if so instructed?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1689 on: January 23, 2016, 07:44:23 PM »
I always equip each immortal with one serving of ambrosia in advance, keeping a stock of pre-made ambrosia in a doorless room on the roof.
Since setting "Cleaning" as one of the household club's activities, however, the immortals constantly "Put away" their ambrosia in the fridge.
No sim has autonomously eaten any ambrosia from the fridge, but I'd just like to confirm.

I wouldn't count on this. If it's in the fridge, they might eat it if they're hungry, as might your non-immortals in the household. It's better not to equip your immortals with a pre-made dose of ambrosia. Just check their age before sending them to a community lot, if you plan for them to be there more than a few hours.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1690 on: January 23, 2016, 09:46:38 PM »

I wouldn't count on this. If it's in the fridge, they might eat it if they're hungry, as might your non-immortals in the household. It's better not to equip your immortals with a pre-made dose of ambrosia. Just check their age before sending them to a community lot, if you plan for them to be there more than a few hours.
@MarianT  Thank you for confirming. It hasn't happened yet but I couldn't tell if I was just lucky or not paying attention.
I easily get distracted so I have each one carry one when they have about two days left. But you're right, it's risky.
Thank you for the tip about going out.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1691 on: January 26, 2016, 01:02:32 AM »
Oshizu, build a small, doorless room, or add a stairless basement.  Keep your ambrosia and/or ambrosia ingredients there.  Only the Watchett will be able to access it and give it to the appropriate Sim.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1692 on: January 26, 2016, 01:58:44 AM »
I'm sure I have read that ghosts will access ambrosia if you have any.  I keep mine in the household inventory and have never had any disappear.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1693 on: January 26, 2016, 02:21:12 AM »
Oshizu, build a small, doorless room, or add a stairless basement.  Keep your ambrosia and/or ambrosia ingredients there.  Only the Watchett will be able to access it and give it to the appropriate Sim.
Actually, when I was googling something else recently, I read about a Nov 25 2014 patch which prevents sims from autonomously eating ambrosia.
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801327/november-25-patch-notes [it's the 3rd bullet under "Tuning/Graphics"]

@Joria  Thank you for your advice.  I do have a doorless room on the inaccessible roof, but several sim weeks ago I started moving ambrosia to the immortals' personal inventories when they received their first notice. 
However, you and Marian are both right; I just need to be more mindful and less lazy. The fuller the household, the harder to keep track of everyone...
Since MarianT's response, I've also moved all reward potions out of the sims' inventories and fridge to that doorless room, too, just to be safe.

I vaguely remember IDC storytellers remarking that ghosts were eating their ambrosia museum items (or was that for Sims 3?).
So, I'm confused about how to most efficiently store ambrosia and I admit to sometimes being an absent-minded Watcher.
I haven't had any ambrosia disappear from personal inventory or fridge yet, though I need to watch a sim cooking ambrosia because they sometimes wander off to do something else.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1694 on: January 26, 2016, 02:37:06 PM »
Greetings! I've just started the challenge and have a question about aspirations, apologies if it's already stated somewhere I haven't seen it. My founder married Paulo Rocca of Windenburg, who turned out to have the Bodybuilder aspiration. Now, I know I'm not allowed to complete it, but is changing his aspiration to something else allowed? If not, that's very manageable as well, but it would be good to know for sure.

anything