Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707825 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1815 on: April 14, 2016, 01:53:38 PM »
RULES UPDATE:

Adding to the household using Sims 4 Gallery is banned.
has been changed to --
Sims can only be added to a household by being born, adopted, married, or asked to move in.

This means no using gallery and no using cloning machine. 

NOTE:
Are there any other ways to add to household that we haven't covered?

What's the difference between doing this in Sims 4 that bans it this time when Sims 3 it was allowed.  Is it because of the age difference or because it can happen to people outside the household? TS3 it was a lifetime reward that was allowed and it made a child version of the household member.  Just trying to understand since I'm still semi new to cloning. 

2nd question - It's probably in the thread somewhere but I can't find it at the moment.   Alien pollination, babies from alien abduction can be returned to home world right?

Cloning in TS3, you cloned someone in the household; the TS4 version basically makes a copy of any sim in town and adds the townie to the household.

And yes, alien babies can be returned to the home world. You have to do it when they're infants, though. Too bad -- I'd have loved to see what an Artie/Pollinator 3 offspring looked like.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1816 on: April 14, 2016, 02:15:09 PM »
RULES UPDATE:

Adding to the household using Sims 4 Gallery is banned.
has been changed to --
Sims can only be added to a household by being born, adopted, married, or asked to move in.

This means no using gallery and no using cloning machine. 

NOTE:
Are there any other ways to add to household that we haven't covered?

What's the difference between doing this in Sims 4 that bans it this time when Sims 3 it was allowed.  Is it because of the age difference or because it can happen to people outside the household? TS3 it was a lifetime reward that was allowed and it made a child version of the household member.  Just trying to understand since I'm still semi new to cloning. 

2nd question - It's probably in the thread somewhere but I can't find it at the moment.   Alien pollination, babies from alien abduction can be returned to home world right?

Cloning in TS3, you cloned someone in the household; the TS4 version basically makes a copy of any sim in town and adds the townie to the household.

And yes, alien babies can be returned to the home world. You have to do it when they're infants, though. Too bad -- I'd have loved to see what an Artie/Pollinator 3 offspring looked like.

Emerging to ask...what makes this different from other methods of cloning in TS3? It's not particularly unlike cloning with the University Life science skill (where, once you unlocked the ability, you could easily clone almost any person inside or outside of the household you could get a sample from), but with more initial work involved (in my opinion). And we never questioned that in TS3 for any of the rulesets.

I held my tongue about it yesterday but the reasoning got a little shakier since then.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1817 on: April 14, 2016, 03:09:03 PM »
@MarianT In Sims 3, you can clone anyone from any household thanks to the University expansion's science skill. The primary difference from Sims 4 is that the clone in Sims 3 begins life as a baby or a child which the house has to raise, while the clone in Sims 4 begins life at the stage of their donor. Oh, and in Sims 3 you can store DNA samples for as long as you want and use them to make a clone whenever you feel like doing so. There are several unfinished Sims 3 ID's based around the idea of storing original townie DNA and using it later as spouses.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1818 on: April 14, 2016, 05:36:40 PM »
You are more likely to get a blue skinned child if your heir reproduces with a darker skinned Sim. The closer to the blue skin on the colour slider the better. If you get what I mean. My blue founder managed to get a random alien coloured heir though.
Have a blue founder so he can reproduce with townies later on and then you can bring the blue into generation five or six. Just try to ignore the fact that you will have a generation with the same person as their great great great grandfather and grandfather at one and the same time. After a couple of generations the game doesn't recognize cousins so that is always an option when it comes to get some blue townies.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #1819 on: April 17, 2016, 04:55:43 AM »
I can't see anything about it on the rules but I just wanted to check, is it okay to use a computer to boost an immortal's work performance?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1820 on: April 17, 2016, 07:55:13 AM »
I can't see anything about it on the rules but I just wanted to check, is it okay to use a computer to boost an immortal's work performance?

Hacking work performance is fine.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1821 on: April 21, 2016, 02:39:10 PM »
The ability to edit lots - is that a done only before gameplay starts or is that a anytime during the game? 

Example:  I have a empty serum beaker in a very bad location at the Scientist building.  Can I use edit lot to remove it without asking permission  or do I need to have permission to do it since it's after game play started? 

Another reason I ask - I haven't been to Outdoor Retreat yet so none of the lots have been edited to add/rearrange anything and if I wanted to do just that could I or is it locked forever?

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1822 on: April 21, 2016, 04:54:02 PM »
Removing the beaker is fine, you don't need permission.  However editing other lots depends on what and how much you want to edit, let the team know what you have in mind so we can talk about it.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1823 on: April 23, 2016, 08:16:22 AM »
I want to edit the club areas for the Spin Masters and what used to be the Avante Garde's club hangout, can I change things like the wallpaper, floors and add other items like a desk, TV? Am I able the extend the building or knock down walls so there is more space? The Avante Gardes have disbanded and I plan to create my own club either with my current heir or a future one.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1824 on: April 23, 2016, 10:54:50 AM »
Wallpapers -- Yes
Floors -- Yes
Add items like desk/TV -- Yes

Knocking down walls -- No
Extend building -- No

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1825 on: April 24, 2016, 06:26:33 AM »
@Nutella Thank you as always  ;D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1826 on: April 25, 2016, 12:55:41 PM »
Wallpapers -- Yes
Floors -- Yes
Add items like desk/TV -- Yes

Knocking down walls -- No
Extend building -- No

So is what you are saying that you can't change the shape of a building?  What if it was a matter of adding an internal wall or changing a half wall to a full wall but otherwise the basic shape remains the same?  One of the things that bugs me about some of the gyms/spas is the lack of sufficient bathrooms so you wind up with a lot of Sims peeing themselves.  Adding a wall and then jon and sink solves the problem but doesn't really change the exterior dimensions.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1827 on: April 25, 2016, 05:47:16 PM »
Sorry Joria, the team has decided that any structural change to the building is not allowed. 

Add internal wall -- No
Changing half wall to full wall (vice versa) -- No

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1828 on: May 03, 2016, 01:18:11 AM »
Is anyone else having issues with Sims getting overly emotional about relationships they aren't in. I will elaborate. Hebe moved in Matt they flirted once and got the negative red hearts. She moved on and found love with Paolo. Two days later Hebe arrives home from work embarrassed about being discovered as a cheater. Now at least once a day Matt gets very sad because he keeps catching the love of his life in the arms of another. I thought there may be a way of making Hebe and Matt just good friends but their romantic bar is in the red and the only options I get under romance other than the obvious socials is gush about partner and give relationship advice. Neither of these things seem to help and yes I did turn the knife in poor Matts broken heart by clicking on both those options.
Also he won't talk to any other woman due to the aforementioned sadness. Help.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1829 on: May 03, 2016, 06:35:39 AM »
Yes indeed I am! My household is in emotional turmoil because of this too. Thank heavens for the moodlet solver and cloning machine!

anything