Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698053 times)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1890 on: June 04, 2016, 11:35:02 AM »
Hi, I'm having an issue with the successful lineage aspiration. The sim's teenage kid has reached the top of the teen gardener career, completed the Whiz Kid and Artistic Prodigy aspirations and maxed creativity and the mental skill as a child. The 'Have a child max a skill' req checked off normally after the 'Have a kid get an A in High School' fired (and it had to be that because I didn't have the kid max an adult skill until a few days after the A) but the other two reqs aren't firing. I even had the kid complete the Musical Genius aspiration right in front of the SL sim but no dice. Can I count the SL aspiration complete?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1891 on: June 04, 2016, 11:39:59 AM »
Rules Update:

Added-
Gender changes: You are allowed one gender change during teen or YA on any of your sims.

You are allowed to gender change any of your sim in your household ONCE only, during teen or YA.
For your 7th generation female heir, you can use gender change (if born male) or the old-fashioned strawberry/pop music trick during pregnancy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1892 on: June 04, 2016, 11:51:37 AM »
Thanks for the update team.

When you say change gender what specifically do you mean?  Change from male to female or the cosmetic change body type?

What about the other changes?  Change Sim allows you to do body modifications like adding tattoos and making chicken legs into non chicken legs?  Are these cosmetic changes allowed?

What about pregnancy abilities despite gender?  You don't have to change gender to have a baby just have one of the options checked.

If you move in a Sim who is an adult or an elder does this mean you can't change things for them if you want?  As well as Sims that might already be in a household?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1893 on: June 04, 2016, 12:02:41 PM »
My other question would be if we could change our sims during Adult as well (I prefer moving adults over YA). I would also like to know about the pregnancy limitations. Whether same-sex couples can produce dynasty heirs without needing a surrogate is important for me.

Thanks, Dynasty Team. I know it's got to be tough trying to parse out all of this new content, discuss its impacts, and make new rules so quickly. Thanks for doing a great job.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1894 on: June 04, 2016, 12:33:02 PM »
When you say change gender what specifically do you mean?  Change from male to female or the cosmetic change body type?
Change from male to female. 

What about the other changes?  Change Sim allows you to do body modifications like adding tattoos and making chicken legs into non chicken legs?  Are these cosmetic changes allowed?
Cosmetic changes doesn't affect gameplay, so there is no restriction.  If you do find cosmetic changes affect gameplay, please let the team know and we will revise the rules.

What about pregnancy abilities despite gender?  You don't have to change gender to have a baby just have one of the options checked.
No.  We are going with female pregnancy only.  Team will discuss this issue more and will update with any changes, but for now we are saying "no" to male pregnancy.

If you move in a Sim who is an adult or an elder does this mean you can't change things for them if you want?  As well as Sims that might already be in a household?
Correct for now.  Team is revisiting this issue regarding adult stage, will update soon.  Elder stage is a sure "no", we do not want an elder female being able to change to male and pollinate the town.

My other question would be if we could change our sims during Adult as well (I prefer moving adults over YA).
Team will revisit the adult changes, will update soon. 

I would also like to know about the pregnancy limitations. Whether same-sex couples can produce dynasty heirs without needing a surrogate is important for me.
No male pregnancy.  You can use cosmetic changes to make them appears to look like same sex, but the couples need to have babies the old fashioned way.  Woohoo, get pregnant for 3 trimeters, and pop out a baby.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1895 on: June 04, 2016, 12:37:51 PM »
No male pregnancy.  You can use cosmetic changes to make them appears to look like same sex, but the couples need to have babies the old fashioned way.  Woohoo, get pregnant for 3 trimeters, and pop out a baby.

Male pregnancies are exactly the same as female pregnancies now. Elder males cannot get pregnant.  This adds no advantage.  Just so the team knows.

Edit to add:  And what's the difference between an elder male pollinating the town and a female doing it? It just seems like a restriction on who you can befriend.

And something to think about as you go along.  What if a spouse we wanted turned into an elder?  Yes that's always been a bummer in the game but the gamemakers just gave us the ability for a couple in love to have a baby despite that issue.  It wouldn't be a problem for an old man and a young woman but what about a younger male and elder female?  This means that the younger male can now carry the fruit of their love.   Does this offer an advantage to an heir?  No more than insuring that all heirs (except one) are male so that you can bring in the next generation in whatever life stage you want.

Also for the older crew (looking at you Metro ;) ) this means we can now have Arnold Schwarzenegger have Junior!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1896 on: June 04, 2016, 02:11:19 PM »
Also for the older crew (looking at you Metro ;) ) this means we can now have Arnold Schwarzenegger have Junior!

*does his best Schwarzeneggar...*

"Get to da choppa so I can get pregnant! Come on!!!!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1897 on: June 04, 2016, 04:42:50 PM »
Can I make sure I have this straight?

One) You can make guys look feminine and vice versa.

Two) You can change household sims from one sex to the other once so long as they are within the proper age range, which right now is teen and YA.

Three) You cannot change a sim's pregnancy capabilities, however the change in sex will do so.

Four) If you want same-sex couples to have kids together and be legal within the dynasty, then you have to a) move in the spouse at the appropriate age, b) change the sex of the spouse so that they have the opposite equipment, so to speak, and c) change the sim's presentation to the original sex to try to retain the sim's original look and thus the same-sex status. I don't know, it seems way more complicated and unnecessary than simply changing how a sim reproduces.

I would like to point out that woohoo, three trimesters, and pop the kid out is exactly how the game has guys do it already via abduction. I mean, yeah, alien abductions get different moodlets but the mechanics are basically the same. The only thing that's changed is that now they can be impregnated by anyone with the 'impregnate sims' button checked if they themselves have the 'become pregnant' button on.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1898 on: June 04, 2016, 06:37:16 PM »
One) You can make guys look feminine and vice versa.
Correct.

Two) You can change household sims from one sex to the other once so long as they are within the proper age range, which right now is teen and YA.
Correct.  Team has decided that only teen & YA are allowed for gender changes, it's a "no" to adult and elder stage.

Three) You cannot change a sim's pregnancy capabilities, however the change in sex will do so.
Correct.

Four) If you want same-sex couples to have kids together and be legal within the dynasty, then you have to a) move in the spouse at the appropriate age, b) change the sex of the spouse so that they have the opposite equipment, so to speak, and c) change the sim's presentation to the original sex to try to retain the sim's original look and thus the same-sex status. I don't know, it seems way more complicated and unnecessary than simply changing how a sim reproduces. 
We do understand that it would be so much easier to just check mark the "yes pregnant" button, but we have our reasons and for now it's a "no" for male pregnancy in Immortal Dynasty.  Sure it is harder and more complicated, but what's a dynasty without some challenges, eh?

I would like to point out that woohoo, three trimesters, and pop the kid out is exactly how the game has guys do it already via abduction. I mean, yeah, alien abductions get different moodlets but the mechanics are basically the same. The only thing that's changed is that now they can be impregnated by anyone with the 'impregnate sims' button checked if they themselves have the 'become pregnant' button on.
Agree, mechanics are basically the same.  We like to keep aliens special, we love aliens and only aliens have the power to impregnate males.  ;D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1899 on: June 05, 2016, 08:10:07 AM »
Finally I'm ready to redecorate a club area, however when I enter buy mode locked career items are available for purchase (haven't got anyone in the business career yet so I know those aren't unlocked yet). So, my question is may I go ahead and use these items in the club room or wait until one of my own Sims has unlocked them first?

Second question, can spares marry without bringing their partner into the home and is that also legal for gen 7 female? (I think this may have been asked before, I'm not too sure and sorry if it has!)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1900 on: June 05, 2016, 08:45:28 AM »
Finally I'm ready to redecorate a club area, however when I enter buy mode locked career items are available for purchase (haven't got anyone in the business career yet so I know those aren't unlocked yet). So, my question is may I go ahead and use these items in the club room or wait until one of my own Sims has unlocked them first?

Second question, can spares marry without bringing their partner into the home and is that also legal for gen 7 female? (I think this may have been asked before, I'm not too sure and sorry if it has!)

I think career items are generally unlocked on community lots. I know that you can hang pictures in a museum that are career rewards. My feeling would be that items used for decoration are fine, but not something that would give an unfair advantage.

As for your 2nd question, certain spares can marry and not bring the spouse into the household, and Gen 7 has to do that.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1901 on: June 05, 2016, 09:22:13 AM »
I think my post got a bit lost in the shuffle so I am reposting it here: Hi, I'm having an issue with the successful lineage aspiration. The sim's teenage kid has reached the top of the teen gardener career, completed the Whiz Kid and Artistic Prodigy aspirations and maxed creativity and the mental skill as a child. The 'Have a child max a skill' req checked off normally after the 'Have a kid get an A in High School' fired (and it had to be that because I didn't have the kid max an adult skill until a few days after the A) but the other two reqs aren't firing. I even had the kid complete the Musical Genius aspiration right in front of the SL sim but no dice. Can I count the SL aspiration complete?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1902 on: June 05, 2016, 09:33:40 AM »
Revised Gender Change Rule:

Gender changes: You're allowed to do any gender and/or gender customization change once during the teen or young adult stage.

What does this means?
-- Cosmetic changes are not consider gender changes.  No restriction, free to do as you wish.
-- Male to Female or Female to Male is consider gender change.  Follow the rules and only allowed to change once during TEEN or YA stage.
-- Male pregnancy (checkmark box to allow pregnancy) is consider gender customization.  It is allowed but need to follow rules, change once during TEEN or YA stage.  You are not allowed to change mind, meaning checkmark the box then later un-checkmark the box for no pregnancy.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1903 on: June 05, 2016, 09:41:35 AM »
@dontmindme. yes sorry didn't see your earlier post about this issue.

Have a Child or Grandchild reach the Top of a Career -
Having max teen gardening career is NOT top of a career.  You need to max an adult career.

The other requirement (Have a Child Complete an Aspiration) may be bugged for you, and you can count that.  Unfortunately you cannot use milestone cheat at this time because milestone cheat will complete everything.  The max career part for you is not done yet.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1904 on: June 06, 2016, 03:13:32 AM »
Just checking to make sure I have this correct:

Can we add tattoos as often as we wish to heirs now that it is a non-cheat 'click on a chest of drawers' CAS interaction?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything