Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698245 times)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2490 on: December 31, 2018, 04:44:48 PM »
Congratulations to @Alex, who was this year's winner of the random drawing from the Dynasty Hall of Fame!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2491 on: February 06, 2019, 12:24:16 PM »
**Players can increase the value of their Immortal Family Museum by having an heir contribute Four additional museum items (for a total of 12 of a given type) if the heir maxes all five of their toddler's skills, completes a Childhood Aspiration, Completes Scouts and/or Drama Club and gets an A in school (as a Child and a Teen).

Does this mean that in order to get any extra items, an heir must complete all five things, or do they still get some extras for completing any of the things on the list? I ask because my toddlers seldom max all of their toddler skills.

This has probably been asked and answered, but can we add lot traits to Community lots?

I was fooling around with Seasons to see how difficult it was going to be to get a death flower and complete Freelance Botanist and I guess I'm now playing an Immortal Dynasty. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2492 on: February 06, 2019, 01:32:06 PM »
**Players can increase the value of their Immortal Family Museum by having an heir contribute Four additional museum items (for a total of 12 of a given type) if the heir maxes all five of their toddler's skills, completes a Childhood Aspiration, Completes Scouts and/or Drama Club and gets an A in school (as a Child and a Teen).

Does this mean that in order to get any extra items, an heir must complete all five things, or do they still get some extras for completing any of the things on the list? I ask because my toddlers seldom max all of their toddler skills.

toddler's skills 1 item
Childhood Aspiration 1 item
Completes Scouts and/or Drama Club 1 item
gets an A in school (as a Child and a Teen) 1 item

So if your toddler doesn't get all skills, then you lose one possible item. But still, have a chance at three more.

This has probably been asked and answered, but can we add lot traits to Community lots? Yes you can add traits to community lots

I was fooling around with Seasons to see how difficult it was going to be to get a death flower and complete Freelance Botanist and I guess I'm now playing an Immortal Dynasty. :D

toddler's skills 1 item
Childhood Aspiration 1 item
Completes Scouts and/or Drama Club 1 item
gets an A in school (as a Child and a Teen) 1 item

So if your toddler doesn't get all skills, then you lose one possible item. But still, have a chance at three more.

This has probably been asked and answered, but can we add lot traits to Community lots? Yes you can add traits to community lots

Good Luck

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2493 on: February 06, 2019, 02:03:42 PM »
Thanks!

Funny story: After I spent nearly 30K on rare seed packets to get a death flower, TWO of my spliced plants produced them.  ;D

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2494 on: February 06, 2019, 02:05:38 PM »
Thanks!

Funny story: After I spent nearly 30K on rare seed packets to get a death flower, TWO of my spliced plants produced them.  ;D

But, if you hadn't done that, the sliced ones would not have produced it. Lol

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2495 on: February 08, 2019, 07:54:49 PM »
Do the vampire drinks qualify for museum collections?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2496 on: February 08, 2019, 08:09:30 PM »

Let me get some of the others to also weigh in on that one. I don't see why not, but just to be safe. @Metropolis Man @MarianT @LenaLJ What are your thoughts?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2497 on: February 08, 2019, 08:39:34 PM »

Let me get some of the others to also weigh in on that one. I don't see why not, but just to be safe. @Metropolis Man @MarianT @LenaLJ What are your thoughts?

We allow the other drinks, so I don't see why vampire drinks wouldn't be allowed.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2498 on: February 08, 2019, 11:17:52 PM »

We allow the other drinks, so I don't see why vampire drinks wouldn't be allowed.

I will make a note that Vampire Drinks are allowed also, so in the future it is clear. Thanks for your input  Marian have a nice evening.

@reggikko you are good to go on those drinks.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2499 on: February 08, 2019, 11:35:46 PM »
Thanks!

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #2500 on: March 02, 2019, 05:29:15 PM »
So, I've run into what is apparently a known bug to EA, although it was quite unknown to me. I didn't intentionally choose a buggy aspiration. :(

My founder has the Friend of the Animals aspiration, and adopted two dogs right off the bat to make sure she'd be able to complete the be companions with 2 pets milestone early on. She adopted one dog, and another sim in the household adopted the other. She was able to become companions with the pet adopted by another sim, and train out their misbehaviors, but the one she adopted cannot become her companion nor can it be trained out of misbehaviors. The option just doesn't appear for her to do either of those things when I click on that dog with her selected. It shows up just fine for the other sims in the household, though, and she's fine with the other dog, so that combined with what I've read on Answers HQ makes me think it's a bug related to her being the one who adopted the dog. :(

According to others, a workaround is to put the pet up for adoption and then have a different sim in the household re-adopt it. I'm a liiiiittle nervous that will delete the dog from the game entirely, but I'm willing to do it to get my dynasty back on track, if it's allowed. I wanted to check first.

I have repaired my game, and uninstalled and reinstalled it. Here's the thread where the bug is documented.

I guess my only other alternative is to wait until the dog dies and adopt a different one, or wait until a household member dies and adopt another one? That's really depressing. :/ There's no space in the household for another pet right now, the next sim that's going to pass is the same age as her, and she can't move forward with her aspiration until she becomes companions with another pet.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2501 on: March 02, 2019, 09:26:04 PM »
So, I've run into what is apparently a known bug to EA, although it was quite unknown to me. I didn't intentionally choose a buggy aspiration. :(

My founder has the Friend of the Animals aspiration, and adopted two dogs right off the bat to make sure she'd be able to complete the be companions with 2 pets milestone early on. She adopted one dog, and another sim in the household adopted the other. She was able to become companions with the pet adopted by another sim, and train out their misbehaviors, but the one she adopted cannot become her companion nor can it be trained out of misbehaviors. The option just doesn't appear for her to do either of those things when I click on that dog with her selected. It shows up just fine for the other sims in the household, though, and she's fine with the other dog, so that combined with what I've read on Answers HQ makes me think it's a bug related to her being the one who adopted the dog. :(

According to others, a workaround is to put the pet up for adoption and then have a different sim in the household re-adopt it. I'm a liiiiittle nervous that will delete the dog from the game entirely, but I'm willing to do it to get my dynasty back on track, if it's allowed. I wanted to check first.

I have repaired my game, and uninstalled and reinstalled it. Here's the thread where the bug is documented.

I guess my only other alternative is to wait until the dog dies and adopt a different one, or wait until a household member dies and adopt another one? That's really depressing. :/ There's no space in the household for another pet right now, the next sim that's going to pass is the same age as her, and she can't move forward with her aspiration until she becomes companions with another pet.

Sorry for the delay, still getting over all this crud.

Do you have a save that you can "test" this before doing it? I have been reading all the threads for this bug and what crin has posted also. Let me know if you can test it in another save and the results.

Shannon

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #2502 on: March 04, 2019, 03:03:26 PM »
Sorry for the delay, still getting over all this crud.

Do you have a save that you can "test" this before doing it? I have been reading all the threads for this bug and what crin has posted also. Let me know if you can test it in another save and the results.

Shannon

No worries! I made a new save and tested it out, and it does work. I took some screenshots too so you can see. Here:

These two show where the companions option is not open, but in the relationships panel you can see their bar is full. The dogs name is Yuka. The weird blue square on the lower right is because I tried to take a screenshot but somehow only took a screenshot of like one little square of the screen, and my screenshots always hover in the lower right corner for a minute before they disappear.

This one shows Yuka up for adoption.

This one shows the adopt option showing up for Akira, so you can see he's the one who adopted her this time.

This one shows that their relationship reset.

This one shows the companions option showing up after rebuilding the relationship.

This one shows that they successfully became companions.

And this one shows that the milestone successfully checks off now.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention, re-adopting Yuka did reset the dog's traits as well as the relationship bar. I'm not sure if that's going to be relevant to your decision or not, but I thought I should mention it. Let me know if I can move forward with this in my real file! Thanks.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2503 on: March 04, 2019, 03:56:26 PM »
I will say go ahead and do this.  I am going to keep a watch out on that thread and try contacting crin to see if she has any news on it.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #2504 on: March 04, 2019, 04:57:22 PM »
Thank you! :D I'm so glad I was able to catch this and find a workaround early. Thanks for getting back to me so fast!