Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898048 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1275 on: December 07, 2012, 09:28:24 PM »
So does that mean the Al Fresco Street Market becomes the Festival Grounds with Seasons? I didn't realise that.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1276 on: December 07, 2012, 09:30:24 PM »
It doesn't. They're referring to a festival lot on the Exchange that Graham created for Monte Vista. The market is, well, a market.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1277 on: December 07, 2012, 09:46:46 PM »
Oh I see. Well that's cool. I didn't want to mess up that nice market anyway. I'd rather keep them separate.

By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1278 on: December 08, 2012, 02:49:25 AM »
I apologize if I've missed this somewhere, my GoogleFu is failing tonight (between migraines and getting sick, hurray).

Can I change my spouse's life state once they've produced the required life state heir? (IE: Fairy spouse being asked to Forsake Fae/Vampire spouse using the treatment from the science center)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1279 on: December 08, 2012, 12:17:04 PM »
If that's what you want to do - sure why not.  Or you could just move them out and never see them again.  Your choice really.

Special Note:
There are three lots that can be changed as per the Edit Town rules for Monte Vista.   Etruscan Park, Sunlit Stride Park & The Public Pizzeria are viable choices.   However, the festival lot made for this world is meant to go over the Etruscan Park so remember that if you choose to place the festival lot. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Easilyamusd123

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1280 on: December 09, 2012, 02:01:10 PM »
I have not tried this yet but I just had a thought:

As another way to avoid having the issues with children not getting their Honor Roll from too many snow days it could be helpful to invest in a Climate Control LTR and make it stop snowing while they are school age.

Again just a thought, I have not tested this or anything.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #1281 on: December 09, 2012, 06:44:48 PM »
I'm giving this another try in Appaloosa Plains.

Regarding Edit Town, I've placed the Chinese Garden on a new lot, bulldozed the cat and dog parks where I put LN bars, placed the smaller cat and dog parks on empty lots, moved the junkyard across the street to a new lot so that I could put another LN bar on a larger lot in the same spot, and bulldozed Varg's Tavern in favor of another LN bar. Was that okay, particularly the dog and cat park switcheroos? 

If not, I barely started so it's no big loss.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1282 on: December 09, 2012, 07:22:05 PM »
You are not allowed to bulldoze lots that start in the game. The only ones that are permissible to be moved are lots from other expansions that the game placed not you.  Otherwise, everything remains the same.  So yes the cat and dog parks need to be put back and can't be changed without you having bought them.  Because the junkyard comes with AP, you weren't allowed to move it either. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #1283 on: December 09, 2012, 07:40:47 PM »
Darn, I was afraid of that but I'm glad I asked before I got very far. Mixology was a backup anyhow. Thanks! :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1284 on: December 10, 2012, 01:26:23 AM »
I'm in a confusing position right now. (Well for me it is confusing) In game my sims bought Eerie Park before the locations for Festival Grounds were released and since I can't have no seasons at all, I'd like to place the lot. Now, I just need to be sure that I need to bulldoze the Eerie Park that my Sims own and replace it with the festival grounds. Am I right?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #1285 on: December 10, 2012, 03:10:13 AM »
I'm giving this another try in Appaloosa Plains.

Regarding Edit Town, I've placed the Chinese Garden on a new lot, bulldozed the cat and dog parks where I put LN bars, placed the smaller cat and dog parks on empty lots, moved the junkyard across the street to a new lot so that I could put another LN bar on a larger lot in the same spot, and bulldozed Varg's Tavern in favor of another LN bar. Was that okay, particularly the dog and cat park switcheroos? 

If not, I barely started so it's no big loss.

Actually there is a way to learn the custom recipe bar drinks without adding the Late Night venues.  If you own venues like a beach or a park or a lot of other properties you can then upgrade them with a professional juice bar and some bar stools, a mixologist will show up and man the bar, and then you can learn the drinks.  You can also moonlight at them. 

Here is a link to the wiki http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Mixology.
Cynthia

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1286 on: December 10, 2012, 06:21:27 AM »
I'm in a confusing position right now. (Well for me it is confusing) In game my sims bought Eerie Park before the locations for Festival Grounds were released and since I can't have no seasons at all, I'd like to place the lot. Now, I just need to be sure that I need to bulldoze the Eerie Park that my Sims own and replace it with the festival grounds. Am I right?

When you first started the game, it should have given you the option to place the festival lot.  Did you tell it no?

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #1287 on: December 10, 2012, 11:07:51 AM »
Actually there is a way to learn the custom recipe bar drinks without adding the Late Night venues.  If you own venues like a beach or a park or a lot of other properties you can then upgrade them with a professional juice bar and some bar stools, a mixologist will show up and man the bar, and then you can learn the drinks.  You can also moonlight at them. 

Here is a link to the wiki http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Mixology.

Holy bananas!  :o This is awesome, thank you! It looks like the citizens of Appaloosa Plains will be drowning their sorrows at the local fishing hole and other assorted places at some point in the future. This also means that I never have to try a shoehorn a 52x29 or similarly stupidly-sized bar into a town ever again, whether it's a challenge or not!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1288 on: December 10, 2012, 01:02:49 PM »
I was wondering what the policy on sims with no traits is? It's my understanding that sims short of a trait or several are left as is, but if someone was faced with a spouse with no traits such as a ghost in a WA location or certain towns' service NPCs, do they just have to live with a spouse literally devoid of personality, or are there exceptions?

This isn't something I'll have to face myself, but I was curious.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1289 on: December 10, 2012, 01:07:26 PM »
Spouses have to remain as is.  So if you choose a spouse with no traits, that's your choice and something you have to live with.

anything