Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908248 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1260 on: November 29, 2012, 10:40:51 AM »
Can an Inventor use the Handiness skill certificate if they are also supermaxing Handiness?

Handiness has nothing to do with the career.  An inventor can only use the inventing skill certificate. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1261 on: November 29, 2012, 11:48:17 AM »
Actually, Silverbella, I did find a couple of other options working on my own last night.

At 10 Widgets, you get the trophy; at 50, you get a wall medal. So just between those two, you don't need a certificate at all.

I can claim I forgot from when Prudence did it in my Immortal Dynasty, because I usually just shoved 'em in a chest and called it a day.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #1262 on: November 29, 2012, 05:09:28 PM »
Ok that's good, I suppose his Handiness skill certificate will just be for decoration then ;)

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1263 on: December 02, 2012, 07:00:15 PM »
Unless Seraphima gets an opportunity (she had one, but I didn't complete it) SOON, I'll have to restart. Waaaaaaaah. :(

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1264 on: December 05, 2012, 01:25:09 PM »
I've just been reading through recent comments and wondered: how long do Sims have to stay in a career to count the rewards?  E.g. could a Sim join the firefighting or investigator career to claim the first two objects and then quit?  Also, the self-employed careers have the rewards for making §25000, which comes some way before level 10 (I'm particularly thinking of writing here).  Taking it to a silly extreme, could someone join the science career for a day and count the three skill certificates?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1265 on: December 05, 2012, 01:59:02 PM »
I've just been reading through recent comments and wondered: how long do Sims have to stay in a career to count the rewards?  E.g. could a Sim join the firefighting or investigator career to claim the first two objects and then quit?  Also, the self-employed careers have the rewards for making §25000, which comes some way before level 10 (I'm particularly thinking of writing here).  Taking it to a silly extreme, could someone join the science career for a day and count the three skill certificates?

According to Metro:  If you want to do that, that's fine by him.  That only works for certain careers though like the science one.   Criminal career - you can't count the logic cert until you're in the evil branch.   Law Enforcement same goes with painting - you have to be in the forensics branch before you can count the painting certificate. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1266 on: December 05, 2012, 02:50:46 PM »
Question about inventing and simbots (I know Rica was going to do some testing):

In the event that my inventor rolls the wish to Have First Child, and she completes the Simbot opportunity, can that wish still count as one of the required, even though it's not the last wish needed? I vaguely recall that the wish itself will complete since the Simbot is considered a child (but I don't remember the details). Simbots are not eligible heirs since they aren't bloodline, so I would assume it should be ok...

But I'd rather double check and be right than assume and be wrong! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1267 on: December 05, 2012, 03:01:48 PM »
Question about inventing and simbots (I know Rica was going to do some testing):

In the event that my inventor rolls the wish to Have First Child, and she completes the Simbot opportunity, can that wish still count as one of the required, even though it's not the last wish needed? I vaguely recall that the wish itself will complete since the Simbot is considered a child (but I don't remember the details). Simbots are not eligible heirs since they aren't bloodline, so I would assume it should be ok...

But I'd rather double check and be right than assume and be wrong! :)

Yeah I still haven't finished testing (got distracted by Artie's crew) but Metro says it counts.  So you're good if it does complete.  If it doesn't, still good.  Just remember once you use that wish, even if accidentally with the Simbot, you can't use that wish for anyone else.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1268 on: December 05, 2012, 03:06:30 PM »
Perfect, thank you!

(I've been refusing those wishes anyway, but if it shows up for my inventor, I'm ready to use it - unless she starts cooperating, that is).

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1269 on: December 05, 2012, 03:38:04 PM »

According to Metro:  If you want to do that, that's fine by him.  That only works for certain careers though like the science one.   Criminal career - you can't count the logic cert until you're in the evil branch.   Law Enforcement same goes with painting - you have to be in the forensics branch before you can count the painting certificate.

The part about science was just being silly - I'd kind of assumed you'd need to get to the point where a skill was a job metric for it to count.  I might have a writer at some point (assuming anyone ever rolls even vaguely appropriate traits) and the firefighter query was genuine: one of the spouses was doing Jack of All Trades and used that career as one of the four but every time he started to go to an emergency, it cancelled.  If that carries on, reaching level 10 would seem a bit difficult, to say the least, and I had been considering the career for a handy Sim.

Thanks, anyway :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1270 on: December 05, 2012, 03:41:58 PM »
The part about science was just being silly - I'd kind of assumed you'd need to get to the point where a skill was a job metric for it to count.  I might have a writer at some point (assuming anyone ever rolls even vaguely appropriate traits) and the firefighter query was genuine: one of the spouses was doing Jack of All Trades and used that career as one of the four but every time he started to go to an emergency, it cancelled.  If that carries on, reaching level 10 would seem a bit difficult, to say the least, and I had been considering the career for a handy Sim.

Thanks, anyway :)

Why thanks anyway?  Due to this ruling, anyone can do these.  You brought up a valid question.   This also means that you could do exactly as your proposed if you need to.  The science one is an option with the certificates but it also means as soon as you have the 25000 reward from writing that you can quit and never write again if you want.  There is no rule that says you have to get to the point where the skill is a job metric.   It only comes into play on branched career paths.

Edit: I realize I may have read that wrong but the rest of the info is still valid for anyone to read.  A long day spent with a sick munchkin makes your world unclear somedays.  Sorry

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1271 on: December 05, 2012, 04:09:55 PM »
Why thanks anyway?

Edit: I realize I may have read that wrong but the rest of the info is still valid for anyone to read.

It was a genuine 'thank you'  for a sensible answer to a slightly silly question.

Because I'm playing with ghosts, I'm trying to avoid using skill certificates as far as possible, although cooking is the only skill that looks in danger of unplanned maxing so far.  Still, it might be a useful exploit later on.

A long day spent with a sick munchkin makes your world unclear somedays.  Sorry.

Yeah, I know.  And then you catch their bug just when they're getting convalescent and hyperactive...   ::)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1272 on: December 07, 2012, 03:39:00 PM »
This is a question out of curiosity since I probably won't even Monte Vista, but are we allowed to use the Festival Grounds that were made for Monte Vista?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1273 on: December 07, 2012, 04:42:28 PM »
I have to talk to Metro about this.   I consider it a EA made lot but it didn't ship with the town and it's a separate download.  I'll send him a note.

I would also like to point out that the new venue that came out at the same time as Monte Vista is allowed.   Players can take this chance to place this lot (and only this lot) in their towns via Edit Town if they buy it.  You must do it the next time you play the file or you miss the chance to place it again in your game.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1274 on: December 07, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »
This is a question out of curiosity since I probably won't even Monte Vista, but are we allowed to use the Festival Grounds that were made for Monte Vista?

I have to talk to Metro about this.   I consider it a EA made lot but it didn't ship with the town and it's a separate download.  I'll send him a note.

I am okay with it.