Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908597 times)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1110 on: November 14, 2012, 11:49:37 AM »
I have a problem. The ages of both my 5th lifestate and his twin is stuck. Not sure how to fix it either. Any ideas how I can get it to function normaly again?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1111 on: November 14, 2012, 12:16:42 PM »
Is anyone else effected or just the twins?  Did it last over several days or one day?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1112 on: November 14, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »
Is anyone else effected or just the twins?  Did it last over several days or one day?
It is just the twins. Paul, Jessika and Marianne's ages are freezed, Pierce and Kimberly ages normaly as well.
The aging never changes at all, the heir's age hasn't changed at all since he was born, his twin was aged up to a toddler the day after he was born and hasn't aged since then as well.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1113 on: November 14, 2012, 01:07:06 PM »
Try going back to a previous save if you can to see if that changes anything too.

Also: Aliens are banned from all dynasties until further notice.  All pregnancies resulting from an abduction must be returned to homeworld. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1114 on: November 14, 2012, 01:20:33 PM »
Try going back to a previous save if you can to see if that changes anything too.
I'll see if I can find a recent file that was before they were born.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1115 on: November 14, 2012, 02:04:33 PM »
I don't know if this was already asked, but could I move in a spouse-to-be and then change their life state (e.g getting them getting bitten by a werewolf) or do they have to stay the same?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1116 on: November 14, 2012, 02:10:49 PM »
I don't know if this was already asked, but could I move in a spouse-to-be and then change their life state (e.g getting them getting bitten by a werewolf) or do they have to stay the same?

Been asked a couple of times but yes you can change the life state of the spouse.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1117 on: November 14, 2012, 02:16:32 PM »
Been asked a couple of times but yes you can change the life state of the spouse.

Thanks, just didn't want to search through 45 pages of questions  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #1118 on: November 14, 2012, 02:56:38 PM »
Jaymi - go ahead and put them on clipboard and bulldoze the lot.   Hopefully you won't lose any of your mausoleum items.   As soon as you're done bulldozing the lot, make sure to try and place the mausoleum back.   If anything is missing and you've already gone onto the next generation, then you may need to start over.

Thank you Rica! Problem is solved! I evicted the family with house to the clipboard, bulldozed the house still on the lot, then added the family and house back to original location. All mausoleum pieces are present and accounted for, and my sims are able to move freely through the previously affected locations.
Jaymi

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1119 on: November 14, 2012, 03:15:36 PM »
I'm glad yours got fixed!

I still have the same issue, except I don't have anything in the way at all. I was able to extend a fence from wall to wall through the affected area, and move furniture onto it.

So I'll just deal with it. ;D I slapped the train set smack in the middle of the problem area, so now they have an actual reason to walk around it.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1120 on: November 14, 2012, 03:27:18 PM »
I was able to find a relatively recent save before the twins were born.
Unfortunatly it was before Pierce had completed his requirements so I will spend some time tomorrow figuring out which ones that I have written down are still legit and which ones I need to redo.
Could have been worse the next closest file was from when Pierce was a child.

Note to self, make a dropbox back up whenever they complete their requirements so the same things won't happen again.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1121 on: November 14, 2012, 04:00:48 PM »
It has also been suggested that you use the Bio section under Simology to keep track of each heir's requirements, so anytime you have to go back you know exactly where you are.

By samoht04

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #1122 on: November 14, 2012, 06:33:43 PM »
It has also been suggested that you use the Bio section under Simology to keep track of each heir's requirements, so anytime you have to go back you know exactly where you are.

That has proven to be a very good tip already! Thanks for that :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1123 on: November 15, 2012, 07:28:06 AM »
Honestly it was rather easy figuring out what was missing. Funny enough the last save was merely 5 days before I completed his requirements and I lost "only" the best friend, all opportunities, one LTH reward (I think, better buy an extra just in case), 2 wishes and 3 skill challenges.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1124 on: November 15, 2012, 06:39:28 PM »
Does the masoleum need to be an actual place? Just curious, as I'm not sure where to put it in my current house. Unless there is a way to bulldoze the entire lot... *ponders*