Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906691 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1080 on: November 11, 2012, 04:21:24 PM »
Question re ghosts.

It's been a long while since I played with a ghost, but if memory serves, they tote around a tombstone in their inventory; at any given time, you can click on it and receive the option of having them return to the netherworld, which effectively removes them from play.

If this still exists, is this permissible (since they're already dead, you aren't killing them again), or is it off limits (since removing them from gameplay could also be a form of killing them)?

I'm not planning a ghost in my Dynasty, mind you, just curiosity's sake.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1081 on: November 11, 2012, 06:11:51 PM »
Just want to make sure my founder's spouse can purchase the collection helper reward, but NOT count it towards one of her ltrs. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1082 on: November 11, 2012, 07:13:05 PM »
Any LTRs purchased by a spouse or spare do not count as unique LTRs for any heir.
Hey that kind of rhymes!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1083 on: November 11, 2012, 07:17:13 PM »
I just want to make sure I can purchase it. And even though I have the gates locked, zombies STILL got to my garden! :(

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1084 on: November 11, 2012, 07:22:03 PM »
I can't imagine how they did that. They're not supposed to be able to. :(

By samoht04

Offline FrozenHotChocolate

• Nooboo
« Reply #1085 on: November 11, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »
The rule specifically says that the BF is not allowed to be a BF of any other household member.  If the spares and spouse are in the household, then can't be BFs with the person  either, ever.  It would invalidate the person who used them.  A lot like having an heir do an opp claimed by the founder.

But I thought spouses and spares have no restriction as they could complete any skill challenges have any career etc (or is that wrong too?).  I understand an heir can't do an opp claimed by the founder but I didn't know spouses and spares can't do the opp either.

So if you found out after moving in say, generation 3's spouse that he/she is best friends with the founder's BF, you are automatically disqualified?

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1086 on: November 11, 2012, 08:01:06 PM »
I know, it makes me very sad. I'm so close to super maxing gardening, and cooking is coming along nicely! I want wereboos!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1087 on: November 11, 2012, 08:08:59 PM »
But I thought spouses and spares have no restriction as they could complete any skill challenges have any career etc (or is that wrong too?).  I understand an heir can't do an opp claimed by the founder but I didn't know spouses and spares can't do the opp either.

So if you found out after moving in say, generation 3's spouse that he/she is best friends with the founder's BF, you are automatically disqualified?

You're confusing the two different examples in the quote.   What I said was a spouse or spare being BFs with the BF of the founder would invalidate the founder's BF Like having another heir do an opp that the founder claimed.  I didn't say anything about a spouse or spare doing an opp.  Spouses and spares can do all the opps they want but they cannot be BFs with any of the heir's unique BFs.

In the case of moving in someone who ends up being BFs with the founders BF, that's a slim chance depending on the race of the BF in the first place.  No you wouldn't be automatically disqualified but you might want to think of hurting the relationship a little bit.   I don't remember the last time I moved someone in that was actually BFs with anyone else in town. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline FrozenHotChocolate

• Nooboo
« Reply #1088 on: November 11, 2012, 08:39:46 PM »
Right, okay.  So the BF requirement is the only restriction spares and spouses have that might endanger an heir's uniqueness requirement?  I've move in townies that are best friends with family members.  It's a slim chance but still a possibility. :)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1089 on: November 11, 2012, 11:04:11 PM »
I hope that, "I've moved in townies that are best friends with family members," you mean that you've moved in a townie who was a best friend/romantic interest to the heir, and that said heir is the one who did the inviting. Since moving in helpers disqualifies you from HoF.

(Assuming you're going for HoF, that is.)

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #1090 on: November 11, 2012, 11:11:55 PM »
I just want to make sure I can purchase it. And even though I have the gates locked, zombies STILL got to my garden! :(

I have had zombies spawn inside of a fenced-in area with a locked gate, if there is a big enough empty space. To prevent this I spread the plants out more or make the fenced-in area smaller.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1091 on: November 12, 2012, 02:22:19 AM »
I have had zombies spawn inside of a fenced-in area with a locked gate, if there is a big enough empty space. To prevent this I spread the plants out more or make the fenced-in area smaller.
Really? I didn't think that was possible. I've had zombies spawn inside my gates but that was after I unlocked them to let in my heir's chess opponents through and forgot to relock..

My zombies do seem to be spawning earlier and earlier though. When I first started playing they only spawned around midnight or even later, but now they seem to spawn as soon as the full moon rises, right around when my werewolves turn.

Oh, I had a question about the combined rabbitholes. I'm playing in Starlight Shores (regretting my choice a little now, since there don't seem to be that many families and the majority of them are either fairies or werewolves at the moment) and there are a few combined rabbitholes like the city hall/military/police station. My Ghost Hunter heir sprang an opp at the police station to Help the Investigation, which he did like a good little wolf, but it didn't register as complete. I can still count it, right?

I won't even ask about replacement buildings though, since there isn't really any space left after I placed the equestrian stuff. I'm just glad the school is on its own and not combined with anything.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #1092 on: November 12, 2012, 03:01:47 AM »
My Ghost Hunter heir sprang an opp at the police station to Help the Investigation, which he did like a good little wolf, but it didn't register as complete. I can still count it, right?

Are you sure the "Help the investigation" opportunity was a ghost hunter one? I ask because I played a ghost hunter in September (after patch 1.39 & with Supernatural EP) and he would receive this opp once a week on average. But for me it showed up as an opp for the Fortune teller career. You can tell by looking at the little icon of the opportunity once you have locked it up. I had the same behaviour: my Sim could do it at the Police station, but it wouldn't complete. I even had the little "opportunity completed" music playing over and over until I deleted the opp from his tab. It's a bug since ghost hunters shouldn't receive opp for another career. As a side note, I've been playing a fortune teller for the last week, and he hasn't received it a single time ?!? Crazy game ;-)

And my Ghost hunter could find 3 different career opportunities in Sunset Valley: one at the science lab (Spirit Donation), one for the criminal warehouse (Scare the Crooks) and one for the school (Best Haunted House Ever). They all required him to bring 5 spirits. I *believe* there is also another one at the theatre but he never got it. Good luck with your ghost hunter.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1093 on: November 12, 2012, 04:56:29 AM »
Are you sure the "Help the investigation" opportunity was a ghost hunter one? I ask because I played a ghost hunter in September (after patch 1.39 & with Supernatural EP) and he would receive this opp once a week on average. But for me it showed up as an opp for the Fortune teller career. You can tell by looking at the little icon of the opportunity once you have locked it up. I had the same behaviour: my Sim could do it at the Police station, but it wouldn't complete. I even had the little "opportunity completed" music playing over and over until I deleted the opp from his tab. It's a bug since ghost hunters shouldn't receive opp for another career. As a side note, I've been playing a fortune teller for the last week, and he hasn't received it a single time ?!? Crazy game ;-)

And my Ghost hunter could find 3 different career opportunities in Sunset Valley: one at the science lab (Spirit Donation), one for the criminal warehouse (Scare the Crooks) and one for the school (Best Haunted House Ever). They all required him to bring 5 spirits. I *believe* there is also another one at the theatre but he never got it. Good luck with your ghost hunter.

Lol you're right. He just got it again and I see now that the icon is different. Weird bug. Oh well, he just sprang a couple of other opps (including the theatre one) so I guess it's not a problem. Thanks though. :)

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1094 on: November 12, 2012, 05:29:02 PM »
I needed more space to garden, but I'll simply have her move out the non outstanding or perfect plants, and slim it down that way. Hmmph. *Remembers to install peashooter*