Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 419103 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/10
« Reply #420 on: April 11, 2013, 07:19:53 PM »
Chapter 55 - The Grandmother Rights

While musing over the holographic letter (which self-destructed after seventeen seconds), I took over the living room. The new furniture is modern, neon, and just my style.

And I had the weirdest dream the other night--not that my dream is at all relevant! Probably spawned from that joke about the meteor and the paparazzi who walk into a bar . . .

In real life, however, Miles changed his lifetime wish to Living in the Lap of Luxury and accomplished that wish in 0.003 seconds flat. Since family funds are over 700,000 at this point, it really wasn't a huge stretch.

He also celebrated his elder birthday at Bebe's house. Not bad-looking for an elder, but I have no regrets.

As for me? I'm spending as much time with my little blue-eyed girl as possible. If that means taking over potty-training, I'll deal with it happily.

Mum claimed "The Grandmother Rights," which I believe she made up, gave her full control of one area of training. She chose to teach Iris to walk, saying it couldn't be trusted to anyone else in this family.

Right, Mum. I'd be fine with that if you could choose a more appropriate setting for your make out sessions with Dad! I'd prefer that Iris not know about Woohoo until she's a child, at least.

Probably too much to ask, with this family's track record. At least Grandma Serena has the decency to express love as unicorns and rainbows--when I'm in the room, that is. Iris looks a little too interested.

Every single parent, grandparent, and great-grandparent is in all-out combat mode. There's a constant battle to be the first one to the nursery, first one to the peg box, then lock the door and windows and hunker down for a day-long siege. It's a good thing there's a fridge in the room, or we would have dead elderlies littering the nursery.

Even I. Bianca's (biological) daddy joins in. It's not that I'm trying to keep him away from our daughter, per se--I just don't want her to start thinking about how everyone else's parents are actually married, while hers are not. It's much easier if Miles is just an elderly housemate and family friend.

Isn't it nicer when Dad settles down with his granddaughter to read all day? Seeing them together, it's obvious that her hair came from him. So does the skin, actually. They're definitely related.

Grandpa, as always, spends all of his time at other people's houses. Here's child Lavar, and teenage Tristan, whose names were formerly mixed up in this story.

It's really sweet to see him reading Donte to sleep--it's the only way he can get the kids to bed at a reasonable time. Otherwise, they just run amok until collapsing from exhaustion! It's the same with going to school and doing homework, I'm sure.

Tamsen actually had another set of twins! There's Corrie, the girl.

And Roscoe, her brother. I believe Bebe is also pregnant with Miles's child.

Bianca left a few days ago for University. We talk on the phone every day--she's busy studying for her Science and Medicine Degree, which is very inspiring and I'm so proud.

My parents are not helping. At all. Thanks, guys.

BlackOps are slowly coming in, and I need to take every opportunity I have. Even if it means leaving my baby when she's just a toddler. It's only for 6 days or so, but still . . . hello Egypt!

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Grandmother Rights
« Reply #421 on: April 11, 2013, 10:46:51 PM »

The update with Freddie and Nick was just great. The message came through the potty? That is just . . . pun inspiring!  ;D Only it was actually a great message despite that! Hehe. Seeing them both as women (and fairies!) was definitely memorable, and the kids are little cuties. I think Freddie might could be convinced to a marriage under such open conditions with the town friends, but I'm certainly no expert on that one. Tilia?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #422 on: April 11, 2013, 11:46:09 PM »
Freddie will try anything twice.

As an aside, I LOVE those toddler reading poses.  The big person's arm draped around the toddler shoulders always makes me go gooey.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #423 on: April 12, 2013, 04:43:03 PM »
The update with Freddie and Nick was just great. The message came through the potty? That is just . . . pun inspiring!  ;D Only it was actually a great message despite that! Hehe. Seeing them both as women (and fairies!) was definitely memorable, and the kids are little cuties. I think Freddie might could be convinced to a marriage under such open conditions with the town friends, but I'm certainly no expert on that one. Tilia?

I was pondering a way for them to receive the message, then came across the screenshot of Kara emptying the toilet . . . it was too tempting. Lunar Lakes is the perfect place for this kooky fairy family! Freddie seems happily married, and hasn't even tried flirting with too many other townspeople, so I think he's enjoying himself.

Freddie will try anything twice.

As an aside, I LOVE those toddler reading poses.  The big person's arm draped around the toddler shoulders always makes me go gooey.

It's pretty dang adorable.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/11
« Reply #424 on: April 12, 2013, 05:23:31 PM »
Chapter 56 - Rosetta Fan Club

"Hi, can I use your bathroom? And/or mirror and dresser?"

"Go away, strange neon lady! No beige. Wrong."

As you can see, I was ostracized upon arriving in Egypt. Time for a disguise--Egyptian wardrobe, Kara style! It came out rather well, I think.

The six days of my vacation were very fun, despite the fact that I had to reach a Level 3 Visa. Egypt! Land of adventure, mummies, and confused locals! Just my kind of place.

I did run into one mummy, and he cursed me! No worries, I cured myself with a Moodlet Manager. Take that, King Raymundo the Loser!

Ah, so that's what burning flesh feels like! I feel even sorrier for Grandpa now, considering how often he catches on fire. I remember the one time he was sculpting nude, and then his blowtorch ignited his--

On the other hand, hacking at rock with a pickaxe is surprisingly fun and yields lots of gemstones. It's very difficult to wield a pickaxe in one of these dresses! I don't know how Egyptian women can stand it.

At 12:01 A.M. on Day 6, I reached a Level 3 Visa and bought the Almond Tree house. We could easily have afforded the huge house beside it, but it's much too big for my taste.

I didn't stick around to enjoy the new house. By 1:00 A.M., I was on the next flight home to my baby girl.

We spent the last few days of her toddlerhood together. Every morning, I took her for a long stroll in my old stroller, despite the unusually cold spring.

Grandpa's been trying to spend more time with his son, Bradley, who's younger than his sisters. He spent the entire Love Day with him, buying hot dogs and having water balloon fights at the spring festival.

His older daughters with River, Marisela and Vickie, recently became teenagers. Marisela, with her brown hair, is the prettier of the two--I think she looks a lot like Grandma Serena. Vickie, on the other hand, looks just like Sandi but is very artistically inclined.

As you can see, Bradley aged up very quickly, and the three children and their father had a wonderful afternoon in water battle.

Right now, the biggest news in town is that Tamsen Clemons was seen cheating on her boyfriend with Lionel Ursine. So, Grandpa retaliated by dating Lionel's girlfriend, Emma. It sounds wrong, I know, but Grandpa ended up actually falling in love with Ms. Hatch and they're very happy together.

Miles and his girlfriend, Bebe, recently had twins. There's Jasen, a human boy, and Juana, a fairy just like her mother.

My parents are all too aware that Dad recently passed his 90th birthday. They celebrated Love Day by themselves, without going out.

I let Dad hold his granddaughter up to the cake, even though I wanted to see my little Iris enter the next stage of her life. Still, seeing how happy it made Dad made me happier still.

Here's Iris Bianca as a child. Her vision flew out the window on her birthday, but she thinks the glasses make her look like Rosetta Classic. There's actually a story to her worship of Rosetta Classic, but I'll get to that later . . .

Iris spends most of her time in her little laboratory, searching for stars. So far she's found "Classic Rosetta," "Queen Rosetta," "Rosetta the Great," "Etta the Rose," and "Fresetta Forever."

You see, to convince Iris to change her favorite color from white, Grandma Serena showed her the forum and told her all about Rosetta Classic and how she was beautiful and smart and successful--and how her favorite color was purple. The scheme worked, but with the unexpected side effect of the Rosetta Fan Club, Sunset Valley population of one.

She ran into my room very late that night, crying about a nightmare. I hugged her tightly until she calmed down, then tucked her into my bed and read one of Grandma Kaylynn's books for an hour or two.

When I at last looked up, she was fast asleep, and I couldn't bear to wake her and send her upstairs. Instead, I kissed her forehead, whispered good night, and crawled onto my side of the bed.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Rosetta Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: April 12, 2013, 05:27:52 PM »
Awww, so sweet. What was her nightmare? That she met Rosetta and Rosetta didn't like her? Gasp!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #426 on: April 12, 2013, 05:39:48 PM »
I laughed a little too hard. Rosetta is one of my favorites of the Classics too. She's definitely a good role model for I.B.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #427 on: April 12, 2013, 06:17:38 PM »
Awww!  So cute!  I'm in the middle of reading the Classic dynasty and I love Rosetta too.  So this update made me squee out loud lol

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #428 on: April 13, 2013, 12:03:57 AM »

Wow. I.B. is just such a wonderful looking child. I bet she is going to be a real beauty when she grows up. The contrast of the dark hair and skin with those bright blue eyes just popping out is superb!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #429 on: April 13, 2013, 02:44:27 PM »
Awww, so sweet. What was her nightmare? That she met Rosetta and Rosetta didn't like her? Gasp!

My siblings and I spent the first 8 years of life in my parents' bed, so I have a little experience with such things (I always got there last and had to sleep at the foot of the bed  :P ). That's a very distressing idea, but I think her nightmare might have been a little more sinister.

I laughed a little too hard. Rosetta is one of my favorites of the Classics too. She's definitely a good role model for I.B.

My favorite Classic is probably an eight-way tie between . . . all of them. But Rosetta is definitely an excellent role model for any sweet little logic-loving girl!

Awww!  So cute!  I'm in the middle of reading the Classic dynasty and I love Rosetta too.  So this update made me squee out loud lol

The Classic dynasty is really worth reading--so happy that you're getting into it! Rosetta is one epic immortal.

Wow. I.B. is just such a wonderful looking child. I bet she is going to be a real beauty when she grows up. The contrast of the dark hair and skin with those bright blue eyes just popping out is superb!

It's nice to know that Miles served some purpose! I really want to test out her genes with a completely different character, especially seeing her with bright yellow angular eyes, or seeing her have a kid with angular eyes that are bright blue, and dark pink/blue skin . . . on a completely unrelated note, are you thinking about uploading any of the Dojos to the Swap Shop?

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/12
« Reply #430 on: April 13, 2013, 03:32:42 PM »
Chapter 57 - The Other Bianca

My name is Iris Bianca Elysi. Some people call me Iris, and others I. Bianca, but I prefer to use my full name. All three parts of my name are so lovely, it's difficult to choose just one to use. Also, it sounds much smarter, and intellect is the most lacking and important quality in this pixellated realm.

I suppose I should introduce you to the remainder of my family. You have already met my mother, of course, and my father is Miles Forthright Elysi. He works at the local hospital, and Mother doesn't like it when I talk to him or ask him for help with my homework. That's okay, because I don't know him very well and conversation is somewhat awkward.

I do not have a photograph of my Grandmother Serena, but there is a picture of the anniversary watch she received for working at the local bistro for seven years. She is now thinking of quitting to take up some more frivolous occupation, such as opening a daycare center.

And then there's my mother, Kara Elysi. She's my very best friend, and the only person who I call "Mama" upon occasion. Only when I run into her room in the middle of the night with one of my nightmares. If I could just remember one of the nightmares, they would be easily dismissed as simple tricks of the imagination--but as it is, I have no memory, only a dim sense of terror that is only calmed by Mama Mother.

I was very excited for my first day of school. After leaving Mother's room fully-rested, I ate a delicious and nutritious breakfast of eggs and pancakes. My Grandmother Serena is an excellent cook, as you are aware of.

Next, having woken at six in the morning, I took a long and relaxing shower. My family is privy to most excellent plumbing, being quite wealthy. The last time I hacked into our bank account our family funds were over one million simoleons.

I was the only passenger on our school bus, which was quite nerve-racking. At least the silence and relative cleanliness were nice. The bus driver appeared disreputable, with a beanie and ripped-up jeans, so I made no attempt at conversation. Instead, I calculated the time it would take to reach school, based on the bus's average speed and wind resistance, then amused myself with a text on Simstein's theory of relativity.

School itself was quite enjoyable, though slightly ruined by coming home to find my mother's girlfriend had arrived.

Certainly, Bianca is very . . . nice. And there is the fact that we share a name. However, I dislike not being the only Bianca, which could be seen as a metaphor for the rest. When Bianca is here, Mother and I still eat a family dinner . . . only Bianca is there. And she and Mother are constantly talking to each other and making inside jokes, with only a few questions about school for me.

And when we have barely finished eating, they immediately skip to a little "private time" for themselves. I suppose this is normal behavior for a couple, but Mother and Father certainly never act with affection, which is all right with me. How is kissing at all productive?

In addition, Mother can't assist me with my schoolwork, which is always enjoyable. Grandfather is my very best friend in the entire world, but even he believes that homework should be left to the parents.

"Grandpa," I asked one afternoon, "why aren't Mother and Father a couple like the parents of all my friends at school?"

He smiled and stroked his chin in mock solemnity, making me giggle. "Well, Iris-dromeda (that's his pet name for me, referring to the Andromeda Galaxy) you know that your grandmother and I are very much in love." He paused for me to nod. "And you know that your mother and Bianca Frink are very much in love." Again, I nodded. "Well, sometimes people fall in love, and sometimes they fall out of love, and sometimes they were never in love. There's no exact science to it. Now, let's run through the quadratic equation again."

I found this quite dissatisfying, but it was preferable to "you'll understand it when you're older," which most adults choose to tell me. Never mind that I understand many things people twice my age would be confused by!

The very worst part about Bianca's visits is that I'm not allowed in Mother's room, even if I do have a nightmare. Don't think I'm innocent as to why, either.

As aforementioned, I simply don't understand the need of my mother and grandparents to constantly kiss and Woohoo. Why engage in such trivial activities when you could be working towards the cure for the common cold? My family is truly quite unfocused on the real goals of life.

Nights would be more bearable if I could only have someone to sit with me until I fell asleep. As it is, I must try to think of happy things before falling asleep, only to have that happiness be twisted into awful images.

Grandmother and Grandfather would sit up with me and enjoy it, even. They would crack jokes and smile, and hold hands in a way that would make me feel happy and included. However, since Grandfather is so very old, they spend their nights on dates to the diner, movies, and park.

I know they talk a lot about what they'll do after the dynasty--and yes, I am aware of the dynasty. It's quite obvious, really, to anyone with half of a brain.

Grandfather Nicholas spends much of his time with his children. He has several children with River McIrish, even more with Tamsen Clemons, and his girlfriend Emma Hatch recently gave birth to twin boys named Kraig and Tim.

My aunt Rosalia has been taking correspondent courses to the University for several years now, and has finally earned a degree in Fine Arts. As such, she received a job at the local film studio that is very early in the morning, and so must go to sleep very early.

Everything would be so much easier if Mother and Father loved each other and the other Bianca wasn't even part of the equation. But I see how happy she makes Mother, when Mother gives her a quick kiss before leaving for work. She's an Art Appraiser, you know.

And Mother still loves to help me with my homework after school, when Bianca is busy. I really am becoming too old to be having nightmares and running to my mother's room like a scared toddler . . . especially when Mother just wants to spend time with the woman she can never marry.

Bianca's flight leaves very late tonight, and tomorrow is Leisure Day. Mother insists that we're all going on a family outing to the Summer Festival, no matter how many potions I have left to discover! I'm going to sleep very little tonight, being very busy bending the laws of the universe so we can all fit in Grandpa Nicholas's car.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Other Bianca
« Reply #431 on: April 13, 2013, 07:05:16 PM »
Oh my!  I.B. is quite the smart little cookie, isn't she?  Very cool ^^  I feel bad about her jealousy though.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #432 on: April 13, 2013, 09:41:37 PM »
I like it. I find it very realistic. How strange it must be to have a mother that's basically a single parent, but your father lives in the house, and your mother's girlfriend comes over all the time and usurps her attention? Her coldly analytical view of love and Woohoo makes me wonder what interesting love story she may have when it comes her time to produce an heir.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #433 on: April 13, 2013, 09:52:24 PM »

Whatever Azzoka comes up with for I.B.'s romance, I'm sure it'll be a good one! It seems like all the Elysi's have a strong romantic urge. Maybe it'll kick in for Iris too, later in life? I bet she's going to be hilarious as a doctor. All of the medical clinics are so much fun.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #434 on: April 14, 2013, 03:50:50 PM »
Oh my!  I.B. is quite the smart little cookie, isn't she?  Very cool ^^  I feel bad about her jealousy though.

Not a cookie . . . bran muffin, perhaps.

I like it. I find it very realistic. How strange it must be to have a mother that's basically a single parent, but your father lives in the house, and your mother's girlfriend comes over all the time and usurps her attention? Her coldly analytical view of love and Woohoo makes me wonder what interesting love story she may have when it comes her time to produce an heir.

My thoughts exactly! And you left out the three immortal grandparents. Knowing my sims, she's going to have a lot of drama in her life when she's older.

Whatever Azokka comes up with for I.B.'s romance, I'm sure it'll be a good one! It seems like all the Elysi's have a strong romantic urge. Maybe it'll kick in for Iris too, later in life? I bet she's going to be hilarious as a doctor. All of the medical clinics are so much fun.

I'm not sure why that is--they're just very romantic sims. Who says she'll be a doctor? Okay, you caught me--she's going to be a doctor  ;) .

Attention: Bianca Frink is now on the Swap Shop. Happy simming!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty