Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 422600 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Changes--Mostly Bad
« Reply #450 on: April 16, 2013, 01:14:11 PM »
I can really see why he feels moving ruined his life. In spite of myself, I really feel bad for him. I am glad he got out of the way, though.

I think I.B. obsession with Rosetta is taking over her brain--she called Rosalia Rosetta twice. I am asserting my right to have my namesake named properly! :P

As always, I.B.'s take on such things as Prom and Spooky Day is thought-provoking and humorous.

He really was a very handsome and smart sim who could have done very well--he made it to Level 7 of the medical career in just a few weeks! I'm going to need to start a new game with him and give him a nice little family now . . . sigh.

Gah! Taking over my brain, maybe! I went back and fixed it--silly, silly Azokka.

Thank you, thank you, I try. Or she tries? We all tryyyyyyy . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Changes--Mostly Bad
« Reply #451 on: April 16, 2013, 05:35:39 PM »
Oh my goodness!  I just started reading this and really am enjoying the characters!  Little I.B. is quite the amusing child genius.  I'm waiting to see if she can actually find a man wo lives up to her standards (and appreciates the Doctor and Mumford & Sons)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/15
« Reply #452 on: April 16, 2013, 09:58:08 PM »
Oh my goodness!  I just started reading this and really am enjoying the characters!  Little I.B. is quite the amusing child genius.  I'm waiting to see if she can actually find a man wo lives up to her standards (and appreciates the Doctor and Mumford & Sons)

Thanks so much! Characters are my favorite part of simming, and the thing I like best about the immortal dynasty is that they never have to die! I'm also looking forward to her love life, since I haven't actually played it yet.

Chapter 60 - A Warm Winter Wedding

Bianca immediately received a makeover--not that she needed one, according to Mother. She had her hair dyed, and put it in this stylish bun. I was actually considering using that same style for my young adult hair, but since my mother's girlfriend tried it out first--it's ruined for me.

Several rather predictable events followed the makeover.

Bianca is 82, while Mother is 9 days away from her elder birthday, so the age gap won't be noticeable soon enough. Still, it seems like one dead weight died, only to be replaced by another.

Giddy with excitement, they threw on jackets and ran outside to the arch. The grandparents, having felt the universe's vibrations, were already cheering in their seats. I was still at school, with no knowledge of what was occurring at home.

"Bianca, I used to think I could never fall in love. Then I saw you--and I felt like I was in a movie, because I wanted to be with you instantly. I wish we could have truly been together when we were young, not on the verge of elderhood, but at least we can be happy now."

Bianca smiled gently, knowing what my mother did not want to say. That Bianca herself was on the verge not of elderhood, but death. And she slid the ring onto her new wife's gloved hand.

The snow took on a surreal, magical quality as it blended with the hearts tumbling down onto the newlyweds, and their kiss seemed to freeze time itself. My mother had practically frozen at her first wedding, exactly one year previously, but now she felt warm everywhere.

"Why do I have to come on your honeymoon?" I grumbled, seven hours later. "I have projects to complete in Sunset Valley! The SIMs are only one week away, and I would prefer to be preparing!"

"No one cared about the SIMs in my day," she answered dismissively. "I know that you've been very down since Dad died, and I thought the combined deaths of him and Miles might have proved traumatic . . . "

"I miss Grandfather, not Miles. I didn't know Miles at all, and Grandfather was my best friend."

"I also know that you don't like Bianca, but I don't know why that is. You're going to be spending lots of time with her on this trip because she is your stepmother, and she wants to be your friend. No complaints!"

"No! She's going to die off soon, anyway, I don't see why I have to--"

Before I could finish the sentence, Bianca appeared and cheerily said, "It's so nice that you could come on this trip with us, so we can be our own little family! I do so hope we'll be good friends and combat the entire history of stepmother-stepdaughter rivalry."

First on the list of family activities was swimming. Mother had us change into our swimsuits, then we took a dip in the Nile River up by Moon Camp. I believe the activity was meant to be enjoyable, but all I could think about was the multitude of bacteria in the water and the fact that I was vulnerable to thousands of waterborne diseases.

Next, when it became too late for swimming, we lit a fire at the campground and Mother played guitar for Bianca and me to dance. This was actually quite fun, and I tried to ignore the pollution caused by the smoke and instead focused on the magical shapes formed in the misty colors. Perhaps I overthink too many things.

At last, while Mother went to scavenge a few sticks to roast marshmallows on, I swallowed my pride and meekly said, "I apologize for the way I've been acting since I was a child, being so horribly jealous and rude . . . it's just that you were always there and Mother liked you more than me and she was my best friend after Grandfather and after he died--"

Cutting off my babble, Bianca reached out and hugged me close, resting my head on her shoulder and gently stroking my hair. "It's okay, baby. I'm sorry."

Usually, I would object to being hugged and/or called "baby," but at the time it was very nice. And she kept holding me until I had cried out all my leftover feelings from Grandfather dying, and I hoped that Rosetta Classic had been so lucky with her family.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - A Warm Winter Wedding
« Reply #453 on: April 16, 2013, 10:08:10 PM »
D'awwwww. I love how I.B and Bianca are getting along now! :)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #454 on: April 16, 2013, 10:08:39 PM »
Awww, the Biancas are becoming friends.  That's a sweet twist.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #455 on: April 16, 2013, 11:27:05 PM »
Aww. Thats nice :)
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #456 on: April 16, 2013, 11:47:04 PM »
D'awwwwww!  *squees*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #457 on: April 16, 2013, 11:47:50 PM »
Hi, I am new/nooboo in the forum. Finally, Kara gets what she wished for all those years.  She deserves it. And It is good to see that Iris is now happy with her mother's marriage. The two Biancas are now friends. Chetan.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #458 on: April 17, 2013, 07:14:43 AM »
Awww, I'm so glad that she was finally able to open up and talk about her feelings! That so rarely happens. She seems to analyse and get angry rather than handle the situation.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #459 on: April 17, 2013, 11:20:16 AM »
Goodness!  I go away for a weekend and I miss so much!  Oh ... looks like I have something here just for I.B. ...

Dearest I.B.,

You've no idea how long I've been waiting for my watcher to deliver this letter!  She was off being quite irresponsible in a Watcher city called New York.  Now she's got red hair and a playbill signed by an actress who looks just like my granddaughter, Eureka! Emilia something ...

Anyway, on topic - my glee at finding that another little genius, coming up in an immortal family is my biggest fan has quickly made me your biggest fan in return!  I've enclosed a star map with all of my discoveries for you and hope you will return one for me.  While I love my family deeply, I honestly miss having another genius to converse with and with the recent departure of my great-grandson-in-law Orlando, I am now quite alone in this regard.

I want to extend my condolences about losing your grandfather.  When my grandpa Camillo died, on my prom night, I thought my heart would never put itself back together again.  I'd only just met my future husband and as sweet as he is was, Hiram has never been very good with emotions.  Though I suppose I'm not either.

I was also prom queen, and also quite ambivalent about it!  I admire your style very much.  I have always been so conservative with my fashion choices and very much envy your flair.  I must encourage you to bathe quite rigorously after your dip in unsanitized water, however.  I am concerned for your health and hygiene. 

I am planning, along with my granddaughter Eureka, to move to a small, supernatural town called Moonlight Falls when our dynasty is complete.  There is much undiscovered phenomena to study and, for her, to use in inventions.  Discovery versus creation and all that.  We've always had that argument. 

Perhaps you could come visit? 

Anyway, I hope you write me back.  Immortality is so very tedious and I miss both having students and having dear friends.  I hope you will be both to me.  I've chosen to divulge, for the first time, my middle name in this letter.  Mostly because it is similar to the root of yours.

Much love,

Rosetta Camilla Classic

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #460 on: April 17, 2013, 12:23:20 PM »
That was so cool, Tilia!

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #461 on: April 17, 2013, 03:17:45 PM »
I'm going to answer the majority of the comments just by this:
I also think it's very adorable that they're friends now, and actually became best friends very quickly. Believe it or not, I.B. was always spamming mean actions on Bianca, and had a low relationship with her, and generally found everything Bianca did to be boring until that night at the campfire, at which point they became best friends in 3.92 seconds.

Awww, I'm so glad that she was finally able to open up and talk about her feelings! That so rarely happens. She seems to analyse and get angry rather than handle the situation.

Again, I'm very surprised and impressed by how well you understand and summarize characters!

Goodness!  I go away for a weekend and I miss so much!  Oh ... looks like I have something here just for I.B. ...

Squee! Believe it or not, I was seriously considering asking you to write a letter from Rosetta once you got back, but then I decided not to because I didn't want to make you do more work on top of your Classics, so I am so incredibly excited!  ;D

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #462 on: April 17, 2013, 04:43:05 PM »
I'm going to answer the majority of the comments just by this:
I also think it's very adorable that they're friends now, and actually became best friends very quickly. Believe it or not, I.B. was always spamming mean actions on Bianca, and had a low relationship with her, and generally found everything Bianca did to be boring until that night at the campfire, at which point they became best friends in 3.92 seconds.

Again, I'm very surprised and impressed by how well you understand and summarize characters!

That sounds about right. You wrote it perfectly, then.

Well, thank you! I try. I think you write them well, and that makes it much easier.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/16
« Reply #463 on: April 17, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »
Chapter 61 - My Alien Stepmother

Once I had calmed down enough to be a little embarrassed by my sobbing, Bianca told me all about how she had been summoned to an alternate Simverse and, being an alien, could make a spiritual foray into the Classic Dynasty. Of course, the signal had come from Rosetta Classic, who had been eager to deliver a message to me.

Dearest I.B.,

You've no idea how long I've been waiting for my watcher to deliver this letter!  She was off being quite irresponsible in a Watcher city called New York.  Now she's got red hair and a playbill signed by an actress who looks just like my granddaughter, Eureka! Emilia something ...

Anyway, on topic - my glee at finding that another little genius, coming up in an immortal family is my biggest fan has quickly made me your biggest fan in return!  I've enclosed a star map with all of my discoveries for you and hope you will return one for me.  While I love my family deeply, I honestly miss having another genius to converse with and with the recent departure of my great-grandson-in-law Orlando, I am now quite alone in this regard.

I want to extend my condolences about losing your grandfather.  When my grandpa Camillo died, on my prom night, I thought my heart would never put itself back together again.  I'd only just met my future husband and as sweet as he is was, Hiram has never been very good with emotions.  Though I suppose I'm not either.

I was also prom queen, and also quite ambivalent about it!  I admire your style very much.  I have always been so conservative with my fashion choices and very much envy your flair.  I must encourage you to bathe quite rigorously after your dip in unsanitized water, however.  I am concerned for your health and hygiene. 

I am planning, along with my granddaughter Eureka, to move to a small, supernatural town called Moonlight Falls when our dynasty is complete.  There is much undiscovered phenomena to study and, for her, to use in inventions.  Discovery versus creation and all that.  We've always had that argument. 

Perhaps you could come visit? 

Anyway, I hope you write me back.  Immortality is so very tedious and I miss both having students and having dear friends.  I hope you will be both to me.  I've chosen to divulge, for the first time, my middle name in this letter.  Mostly because it is similar to the root of yours.

Much love,

Rosetta Camilla Classic

After several hours of involuntary celebratory spasms, I immediately began to write back, much to the amusement of my two mothers.

Dear Rosetta,

You don't know how excited I am to have received your letter! I have been a great lover of you and your work since I was a little girl, and knowing that you understand my frustration at having no one to truly relate to makes me feel an even deeper appreciation for you. Much of my time in Egypt was spent discovering stars, many of which I named after you, and I would be more than happy to send you a star map, although I fear my discoveries are meager compared to your great achievements.

Thank you very much for your sympathy. My grandfather was my closest friend and relative, and losing him felt like losing the most human part of myself. I have read your life story several times, at risk of sounding "creepy," and I am no better at emotions than your husband. However, I feel that my family, especially my parents, who I am currently on vacation with, are helping me through this difficult time.

It is so wonderful to find someone who finally understands! Everyone else is just jealous of me for winning the crown, and think I'm denying the "honor" to spare their feelings. To be fair, I do have far more clothing choices that appeal to my smart and nerdy sensibilities, with the recent University expansion. I was very thankful for my choice of the wetsuit, rather than a more revealing swimwear, but still must scrub myself free of bacteria if I do not wish to succumb to harmful infection. One predicament of my current stay in Egypt is the constant use of the shower by my newly wedded mothers, so I have very limited cleaning time.

How exciting! My mothers constantly discuss moving to Moonlight Falls themselves one day, once the dynasty has ended. However, Bianca told me all about the world she originated from, which is in an entirely different time stream and with very advanced technology, and I am very interested in settling there one day. Once you have relocated to Moonlight Falls, I would be incredibly excited to visit you and Eureka! She is my second hero--after you, of course. Perhaps we could do something similar to the Cottoneye family?

Throughout my life, I have fantasized as having you as a best friend and teacher, and just to be able to communicate with you like this is a dream come to life! It seems that, with our middle names, we are even more similar than I had always hoped.

Forever your biggest fan,

Iris Bianca Elysi.

Once the letter had been sent, courtesy of Bianca, we all sat around the campfire eating whatever fruit grew along the Nile. I was much too excited to eat, but anything tastes good roasted over a campfire, even potatoes.

I rolled my eyes and good-naturedly complained as the newlyweds got a little frisky. Before this trip I would have seen this outbreak of affection as an inconvenience, but now it was all really quite sweet.

As festivity commenced behind me, I warmed my hands over the smoky fire and smiled to myself, feeling at one with the universe as the soft music of an orchestra floated through the evening air.

Bianca proved a true help and friend over the next few weeks. I find it difficult to believe that I never even considered the possibility of her being an alien--perhaps my jealousy clouded my intellect. In any case, her powers are immensely interesting.

She even demonstrated to me how she could use her mind to rewire the mechanism of a broken appliance. This skill proved invaluable in our vacation home, as none of us are allowed to learn handiness.

For fun, while Mother was asleep we drove out to the base camp. I took notes while Bianca summoned a meteor! It was most exciting, and scientifically enlightening. No one was hurt, of course.

My mothers were surprisingly discreet about their Woohoo, which occurred every night, morning, and often at some point in the afternoon. I still don't understand this primal urge, but at least they don't discuss it in front of me.

I preferred solitude over the vacation to hone my logic and attempt the Egyptian tournament. I soon gave up on this, since opponents took entire days to reach our vacation home.

Since Bianca's lifetime wish is to become a master mixologist, she spends her afternoons practicing various drink combinations on Mother. I am not overly interested in drinking at my tender age, and resort to chips instead.

However, it is quite difficult to eat chips when groaning, "Ew! Get a room already!"

They don't exactly require my encouragement.

Bianca did allow me to test one of her concoctions at one point, but I fear the experience quite spoiled me for drinking in the future. I'd prefer water, if you don't mind--it's far healthier and helps lubricate the digestive system.

I did not socialize with many locals during my stay, as young unmarried people like myself are known to be sucked into marriage and children while in a foreign country. I did happen to notice that the maid was somewhat handsome, but Mother says French maids have a much more alluring uniform.

One very nice thing about living with Bianca is that she constantly helps boost my various motives as I recharge my energy. She jokes that it makes her feel needed--and I will need lots of sleep tonight. We only have 3 more days in Egypt, and Mother recently ordered a waterslide and karaoke machine, which does not bode well.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - My Alien Stepmother
« Reply #464 on: April 17, 2013, 05:03:03 PM »
I knew that Bianca was part-alien, but it's really cool that she has alien powers!

(Funny enough, my file has some possible alien hybrids at University, but they're very human-looking and I doubt they have alien powers. No fair!)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded