Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942051 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #510 on: September 07, 2010, 03:17:19 AM »
Nope, just career, skill, or special slots.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #511 on: September 07, 2010, 03:28:12 AM »
Wait, she's talking about Agnes maxing in art skills, and Agnes isn't an Immortal so she can do whatever she wants, right?

I do think you're trying to do too much with your Founder, Joria.  Think about it this way, sure, inventing is nice, but it's not necessary to create Ambrossia.  If I were you I'd focus your founder towards any skill that can help with that goal otherwise you'll just not have enough to time to do everything you need to do.  My founder was able to create Ambrossia by SuperMax'ing Cooking, Mastering the Gardening skill, and getting fishing up to level 9.  This leaves the possibility of SuperMaxing fishing for another Immortal while still aquiring all the necessary items for Ambrossia.  He only spent 1 night catching Deathfish, which gave him 6 fish, and I've been using them as judiciously as possible so that he can hold out until my 3rd Immortal (who is currently a child and already working on it) can catch them too.  My second immoral is going with the art stuff, although I think his spouse is also going to have to start working on it so that she can paint and sculpt him as an adult (currently he's a YA).  I went with Visionary LTW for him, because DaVinci requires inventing, and I want to save that skill for a different Immortal. 

Anyway that's my strategy, hopefully it works!

I Do have a lot on his plate.  I was doing the inventing stuff in bits and pieces because his LTW is Creature Robot Crossbreeder, but really, he could catch up on that, since he will be immortal, as long as I make sure he's able to make ambrosia.  Right now he's at level 10 cooking but a lot of those "extra" skill things to go and he's doing ok with gardening and fishing.  Poor guy mostly catches cat naps and snacks on veggies to keep him going!  I did get his steel bladder and dirt defiant so that helps a lot.  Now that the heir is school age, Agnes can focus more on ice sculpting, ( I really want a no melt ice sculpture of the founder and heir), with time here and there to do the portraits.  So far ya and adult for founder in portrait and photos, photos of infant heir and portrait and photos of her as a child. 

I've done legacies so many times running more than one Sim isn't too hard as long as I don't play for too long at a time and get tired or eye weary.  Tomorrow the kidlet has her first day of high school, or, as she puts it, REAL school, (she was home school), so I will have uninterrupted time to play.  I'm REALLY enjoying this one.  No stress like with tournament type challenges.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #512 on: September 07, 2010, 05:24:27 AM »
Hi all, just wanted to check in and mention that I've updated my dynasty some ;) and also to say I'm enjoying seeing the progress everyone is making.  I appreciated Pam's spreadsheet greatly in the setting up of my dynasty, but I've found in the actual playing of the game writing everything down by hand and checking things off helpful.  I have a page in a notebook for each immortal and I write out as each one is born headings for ltw, job, supermax skill, building/property, etc. with blanks to check off and write in specific info as I go along.  I have found this works pretty well :) maybe it will for someone else too!  I guess it's easier for me to write in a notebook instead of editing the spreadsheet as that way I don't have to tab out of the game over and over :)

I'm not certain how many here have an immortal yet (or more than one), but in one of my recent posts, I listed the "final" record for my first immortal Chizue Enmei, which I'll reproduce here as example:

Record for Chizue Enmei:
1. Completed unique LTW of Become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder.
2. Mastered the unique career track: Science.
3. Supermaxed unique skill Handiness.
4. Purchased Building: EverFresh Delights Supermarket and Property (fully upgraded): Lost Willow Park.
5. Purchased unique Lifetime Rewards: No Bills Ever, Collection Helper, and Fireproof Homestead.
6. Gained six unique best friends: Aiden Jones, Chance Munoz, Monique Munoz, Jerad Newbie, Darla Munoz, and Theodore Bird.
7. Completed six unique opportunities: Learn a Thing or Two (Science), Shower Upgrade (Handiness), Of Fish, Robots, and Robot Things (Science), Ingredients Ripe For The Eating (Gardening), Funny Looking Fish (Fishing), and From One Chef to Another (Cooking).
8. Had a portrait completed for life stages young adult, adult, and elder.  Also had a photograph taken and ice sculpture made for the aforementioned life stages.  

Maybe that'll help someone else who is just starting out.  I know I was pretty overwhelmed reading everything at the beginning!

I'm really looking forward to getting back into playing since I'm nearly over my illness.  Thanks again Metro and Pam for working so hard on this fun challenge! :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #513 on: September 07, 2010, 07:40:41 AM »
Just another piece of free advice.  If you have World Adventures, those vacation days will make a world of difference,  I gave all four of my family the Prepared Traveler Lifetime Reward and they were able to spent 15 days in Shang Simlaon their first trip.  On their second trip, they are spending 20 days.  This gives them enough time to learn any number of skills while they're "off the clock" so to speak.  My second string painter is ready to make some portraits.  My second generation heir is very close to SuperMaxing her Athletic Skill.  She'll be able to get back into Painting to get her maxed career.  When time stands still while you travel, you can get everything done.  Nectarine will still be a young adult when she meet the qualifications for Ambrosia.  She'll just have to wait to turn Elder.  The founder was Elder and aged 83 days when she finally got to eat it.  That's how much difference traveling makes!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #514 on: September 07, 2010, 01:32:31 PM »
@Pam: have you found some way to skill up painting while traveling?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #515 on: September 07, 2010, 01:44:31 PM »
Just an update if no one has read my blog.  Second generation immortal is getting ready to get married to Sam Sekemoto, only thing is, he is inappropriate, but so far has not shown any inappropriate conduct, other than that, I think he is going to be a nice addition to the Ming household.  For the wedding decorations, Li Lieng has sculpted Liang and Sams ice sculture and Agnes has done a portrait for both.  I thought that would be a nice touch.  There are a few suprises coming up in the next few chapters.  Li Lieng is taking the family to China for a wedding present, so this ought to be interesting, taking 5 people on vacation, ugh.  I will save regularly just in case.  Not sure if I will take the second twin, but don't want to make her mad, ;).  I am undecided at the moment.  Any suggestions.  Take her or not to take her? That is the question.

@Pam, it is too bad that you cannot move the other twin out of the household.  I love playing her, but in my opinion, I think if you have twins, it puts the player at a disadvantage.  Instead of four in the household, you have five and it kinda takes time away from other sims you should be concentrating on.  Any other time, I wouldn't even pay it no mind, but with this kind of challenge, it is distracting.  My opinion only, mind you.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #516 on: September 07, 2010, 01:52:36 PM »
Hi all, I am new here although I have registered in January of this year, I was always too scared to do any challenges before because it look so difficult.  Before I say anything further, I just want you all to know that English is not my first language and I'm not a writer at all so if I make mistakes please be patient with me.  ;D I will do a spell check as a rule. As you all can see, by my signature that I'm from South Africa and Afrikaans is my first and English is my second language.

I'm going to try this,  :) and I have printed and read the rules about 4 times now. Yes, it was pretty overwhelmed reading everything at the beginning! I also read most of the post by other members as well. I also appreciate Pam's spreadsheet greatly in the setting up my dynasty. I will have it open all the time and as I play I will update it, I find this way must easier for me as to write it down.

Well, I'm having fun  :D so far and hope you all as well.  Thanks Metro and Pam for working so hard on this fun challenge!

Marisha

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #517 on: September 07, 2010, 01:55:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum GoslettM.  It was overwhelming to me also, but I read it and reread it several times and kept going over the posts and questions that members ask.  Finally, I think I've got it.  The dynasty is nice and relaxed and no time limit, so that makes it nice.  If you have any questions, we will be happy to help. Enjoy,  :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #518 on: September 07, 2010, 01:56:38 PM »
Marisha, I'm so glad you joined the forum and will partake in this great event (okay, I'm biased ;)). Have fun and we're here to help with any questions you have.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #519 on: September 07, 2010, 02:01:22 PM »
I find family travel (for skilling and wealth purposes) to be easier if I sequentially take one adult at a time. Time stands still until all are done, and each has my undivided attention while there. The only time I bring another adult is if I park him somewhere to read the whole time. Sending two sims after metals/rocks/fish/fruits is too tricky and less gets accomplished.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #520 on: September 07, 2010, 02:29:31 PM »
Thank you Diane and Metropolis Man for welcoming me. ;D

Diane where must I go to read your blog? Although I'm not a writer, I love to read. :D

Marisha

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #521 on: September 07, 2010, 02:54:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum, GoslettM!

Back to what Kilwala said, I keep track of my Dynasty the same way she does and it works really well for me.  The only difference that I do is for the art I have one line that says, Painting, one for Photos, and one for Sculpting.  And then I just write abriviations next to each art form for each life stage (T, C, TN, YA, A, E)

I think Pam's spreadsheet is a great idea, but for me I like to have something right in front of me when I play rather than tab out.  I suppose I could print out her spreadsheet, but then there wouldn't be enough space to write all the different things.

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #522 on: September 07, 2010, 03:05:41 PM »
I just type it all out in the Sim's bio...
I am Nobody. And Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am Perfect. :)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #523 on: September 07, 2010, 03:51:10 PM »
That's actually a really good idea, Pielord!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #524 on: September 07, 2010, 05:54:31 PM »
Thank you Diane and Metropolis Man for welcoming me. ;D

Diane were must I go to read your blog, although I'm not a writer I love to read. :D

Marisha

http://saltypaws54-themingdynasty.blogspot.com/