Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941630 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #525 on: September 07, 2010, 10:32:39 PM »
@Pam: have you found some way to skill up painting while traveling?

They have a vacation home now and I've got easels in locked rooms for Christopher and Kenny.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #526 on: September 08, 2010, 02:47:12 AM »
Great idea, thanks Pam!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #527 on: September 08, 2010, 12:39:52 PM »
Is there a place on our forum where we may post our Dynasty stories?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #528 on: September 08, 2010, 12:43:05 PM »
Is there a place on our forum where we may post our Dynasty stories?

You can post them over here at the Share your Sims 3 Stories board.  There's lots of fun-to-read stories over there already :D

Unrelated note: has anyone else noticed any lost posts in this thread or the stories threads?  I posted in this one and some replies in others an an update to my dynasty last night and now they don't seem to be there :/ I lost about 5 posts.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #529 on: September 08, 2010, 12:49:26 PM »
You can post them over here at the Share your Sims 3 Stories board.  There's lots of fun-to-read stories over there already :D

Unrelated note: has anyone else noticed any lost posts in this thread or the stories threads?  I posted in this one and some replies in others an an update to my dynasty last night and now they don't seem to be there :/ I lost about 5 posts.

It was related to the move. I think things are under control now. :)

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #530 on: September 08, 2010, 12:55:11 PM »
Ah, okay.  Thanks, Carl.  I'll go ahead and rewrite my lost dynasty post later then :)

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #531 on: September 08, 2010, 05:27:49 PM »
Just wanted to mention I've updated the Enmei Dynasty (link in signature) and let me just say that skilling up photography while traveling is awesome!  Of course, my sim has to travel anyway with the wish of World-Class Gallery, but it's still super useful to travel!

Though, on the note of my dynasty, I keep kind of wishing I'd progressed more slowly...but I've already decided I'll be doing a second dynasty once I finish this one.  I'm thinking I'll do one in the soon-to-be-released (on September 23, I have read) Barnacle Bay!  I think a pirate dynasty could be really quite fun!  Of course, the collector's edition of Final Fantasy XIV comes out on September 22, so I might be occupied by that. ;)

Oh, and my boyfriend was nice enough to buy me the Fast Lane stuff pack, and I'm going to try to incorporate some of the new items/outfits into my screenshots, if anyone is interested in checking them out :) so far I only have one sim of mine pictured in a new outfit, but I'll try and picture more things.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #532 on: September 08, 2010, 10:17:26 PM »
I am having such a lot of fun with this Challenge!  I've never done multi-generations before, so there are a lot of things I don't know, but I am really enjoying it.

There always has to be a fly in the ointment though, and for me it is the BlackOps.  My sims just don't get very many opportunities, and a lot of the ones they get are either repeats or relate to skills they aren't working on - for example, my sculptor gets no sculpting opportunities but got offered an opportunity to take a $750 painting to China (she has about level 2 painting).  Gen 1 finally got his 6 opportunities, just before becoming an elder.  Gen 2 is halfway into adulthood and has done everything else she needs to do but still needs two more opportunities.  I even had her go to the Olympic games or whatever it's called; she went, hung around, and finally I had her come home.  The message came up on screen that "you didn't stay until the event was finished", but I have no idea what she was supposed to do there.

If they become elders without completing 6 opportunities, what do we do?  I have no problems completing the tasks that are within my control, but I just don't know what to do about my sims not getting opportunities.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #533 on: September 08, 2010, 11:33:08 PM »
I've wondered about that China painting opportunity. My level 2 painter was offered that too. I'm keeping my eyes open at the consignment store in hopes of buying a large painting that might turn out to be worth $750. Let me know if you try this and it works!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #534 on: September 09, 2010, 01:56:47 AM »
I have already messed up on my Dynasty I think, I don't think I made the appropriate traits so I may restart? Still with Diana, just a new Diana!  ;)  I think that this time She may become a painter herself, get her husband to get to level 7 for portraits, when he gets to level 7 he can start work and when he gets home he can do portraits!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #535 on: September 09, 2010, 03:18:50 AM »
I have already messed up on my Dynasty I think, I don't think I made the appropriate traits so I may restart? Still with Diana, just a new Diana!  ;)  I think that this time She may become a painter herself, get her husband to get to level 7 for portraits, when he gets to level 7 he can start work and when he gets home he can do portraits!  :)

Of course.  You can start as many times as you like.

There always has to be a fly in the ointment though, and for me it is the BlackOps.  My sims just don't get very many opportunities, and a lot of the ones they get are either repeats or relate to skills they aren't working on - for example, my sculptor gets no sculpting opportunities but got offered an opportunity to take a $750 painting to China (she has about level 2 painting).  Gen 1 finally got his 6 opportunities, just before becoming an elder.  Gen 2 is halfway into adulthood and has done everything else she needs to do but still needs two more opportunities.  I even had her go to the Olympic games or whatever it's called; she went, hung around, and finally I had her come home.  The message came up on screen that "you didn't stay until the event was finished", but I have no idea what she was supposed to do there.

If they become elders without completing 6 opportunities, what do we do?  I have no problems completing the tasks that are within my control, but I just don't know what to do about my sims not getting opportunities.

If your Sim reaches Elder status without the BlackOps, you can still keep playing.  It won't end the challenge unless you don't get all the BlackOps before your Sim dies.  My founder was 83 days old before she had all the qualifications to eat Ambrosia.  You don't have to do it the moment they turn Elder.  As for getting opportunities, they don't have to be specific for the SuperMax skill.  Any skill, career, or special opportunity is acceptable.  When you do ones like the Olympic games, be sure to click the correct tag on the location from Map View.  Just saying "Yes" to the opportunity isn't always enough.  Many times you need to also click again to actually start it.  Then just leave them alone until you get a notice that it's finished.  There are others around town you can do, like the Eating Contest and the Grill-A-Thon.  Just keep an eye out for those star markers and maybe read the newspaper for the weekly events.

I hope this helps.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #536 on: September 09, 2010, 08:23:20 AM »
My next chapter is up.  I do have a question and it was probably brought up here on this thread and I can't seem to locate it.  If your sim gets the replicator, can you put ambrosia for future generations in it and then put it away until they need it?  I reread the rules and didn't see anything, unless I am blind, so thought I would ask again.  Thanks ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #537 on: September 09, 2010, 08:25:27 AM »
My next chapter is up.  I do have a question and it was probably brought up here on this thread and I can't seem to locate it.  If your sim gets the replicator, can you put ambrosia for future generations in it and then put it away until they need it?

Yes, that's fine.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #538 on: September 09, 2010, 09:08:01 AM »
I've wondered about that China painting opportunity. My level 2 painter was offered that too. I'm keeping my eyes open at the consignment store in hopes of buying a large painting that might turn out to be worth $750. Let me know if you try this and it works!

The household has lots of valuable paintings, as both Wimsey's husband Mortimer and her mother Holly are painters, but the opportunity was being offered to Wimsey, and it does say to bring one of your paintings.  I did wonder if I could get away with taking another sim's painting, but given all the travel bugs I've had in other games I didn't think I wanted to risk it.  Now I'm getting so desperate that I may have to try that if the opportunity comes up again.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #539 on: September 09, 2010, 09:12:02 AM »
I know it works for other opportunities, like sculptures and paintings around town, but it will say when you have the objects, it doesn't come up like that for foreign objects to let you know ahead of time.  I hope that it does work, that would be really cool if it did.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?