Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942732 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #540 on: September 09, 2010, 09:15:49 AM »
When you do ones like the Olympic games, be sure to click the correct tag on the location from Map View.  Just saying "Yes" to the opportunity isn't always enough.  Many times you need to also click again to actually start it.  Then just leave them alone until you get a notice that it's finished.  There are others around town you can do, like the Eating Contest and the Grill-A-Thon. 

That's exactly what I did with the Olympic games.  An opportunity screen came up after she got there, I said yes to it, and my sim just stood around.  I tried clicking on the building again and all that came up were the usual options to take an athletic class or join the athletic career.  As I said in my original post, I just didn't know what else to do.  I've had similar problems with the Eating Contest in the past, but isn't eating at the Bistro or Diner prohibited because of the small risk they might get Ambrosia?  Maybe it's the Grim Reaper Challenge I'm thinking of.

Wimsey got no opportunities at all as a Young Adult, and has had one as an Adult.  It's very irksome that all that stands between my sim and completion of her tasks is something I have absolutely no control over.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #541 on: September 09, 2010, 09:48:57 AM »
Just a hint on the replicator.  I had already put abrosia in the replicator and then thought, oops, I had better check to make sure that it was allowed, so I put the replicator with 20 servings of ambrosia in it in the family inventory. That way I wouldn't have it on the lot and risk someone else eating it.  Then I thought, what if after you put it in family inventory, the ambrosia goes away.  So I took it back out and clicked on it and sure enough, they were there.  So in short, fill it up and put it away.  Thanks, makes it easier now and other immortals do not have to worry about cooking, but there will always be someone that can make ambrosia just in case, of course I am sure a few already knew this, but I didn't, so I learned something new myself. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #542 on: September 09, 2010, 09:52:13 AM »
I've had similar problems with the Eating Contest in the past, but isn't eating at the Bistro or Diner prohibited because of the small risk they might get Ambrosia?

No. Apparently, if a Sim eats Ambrosia at a restaurant, then they only get the moodlet and not the life stage reset, so you're fine to take those opportunities.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #543 on: September 09, 2010, 11:07:13 AM »
Can someone tell me if this attempt at a strategy is okay?

Okay I have decided to restart my Dynasty. It will still be Diana Jade but with the following traits:

Artistic, Flirty, Charismatic, Natural Chef and Kleptomaniac.

My aim is for her to become a Stylist and Supermax Painting and also max Charisma, which all my Immortals will learn some of to help. The Artistic trait will raise her skill and allow her to paint the future immortals paintings, Flirty is to woo a romance, Charismatic is for the Stylist career and help make friends, Natural Chef to get her to Ambrosia quickly and Kleptomaniac is to steal all the cars and have a good fortune at the start.   Is this plan okay?

1 - *Painting, Culinary and Sculpting.
2 - *Gardening and Photography
3 - *Martial Arts and Athletic
4 - *Fishing
5 - *Logic
6 - *Guitar
7 - *Handiness and Athletic
8 - *Writing
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #544 on: September 09, 2010, 11:19:18 AM »
It looks fine to me.  For me, the challenge is figuring out which skills to designate as SuperMaxes.  Some of them I'm avoiding (like guitar) because I'm just not confident about being able to complete all the skill challenges.  But if you are confident you can do it, I say go for it!  By the way, my founder is also a Kleptomaniac, and it did help a lot right at the beginning when he was so broke.  Salvaging at the junk yard also boosted the household finances.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #545 on: September 09, 2010, 11:57:06 AM »
Looks good to me, samo. Getting Guitar Star in this event deserves a round of applause from everyone! So, when gen #6 nabs it, make sure to take a screenshot so all us can celebrate with you.  :D  I'm definitely going to be doing a guitarist too. It's a little risky, but it's also one of my specialties. And I want to see if I can actually top Mr. 3000's insane profit numbers.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #546 on: September 09, 2010, 12:43:10 PM »
Yeah that should be fun...  :-X And I swear Salvaging does nothing if you have to pay the same amount to replace it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #547 on: September 09, 2010, 12:50:29 PM »
Yeah that should be fun...  :-X And I swear Salvaging does nothing if you have to pay the same amount to replace it?

I had trouble with salvaging too.  What you do is place all the junk yard items on your lawn, then call the repairSim.  I try to do it when something is actually in need of repairing, just to be on the safe side.  Once he leaves, ta da!  All the junk yard items are restored.  And it only cost 50 bucks.  I have seen where people were having problems with that, but so far I have been successful each time I have called for repairs. 
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #548 on: September 09, 2010, 12:54:55 PM »
My stupid repair person stood by the post box for an hour without doing anything.  :-\

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #549 on: September 09, 2010, 01:13:05 PM »
I'm starting to really worry about my choice to Supermax photography!  Of course I am working on the skill in France/China/Egypt so that time doesn't progress, but I'm having "issues" with the Paparazzi (capture 60 strangers) and Collection (I forget the exact name; you have to complete five of them) challenges.  In my stats list, the number of strangers captured is somewhere around 54, but in the listing for the Paparazzi skill challenge, it says that I've only captured 41 so far (this number increases as the other one does, but much more slowly).  As for the collection challenge, I've completed four of them in the drop-down list.  However, when I look at the listing for the skill challenge, it often says I've only completed one (though oddly it will sometimes list three).  I'm not sure I'll be able to capture more than five collections without being able to prolong Shashin's life.

I guess I'm wondering...if my actual stats and collections drop-down list indicates that I should have completed the Paparazzi skill challenge and the five complete collections challenge but am not actually rewarded for having completed them because of a game error but have completed the other three skill challenges (I have), can I count Photography as supermaxed?  I can try and take a screenshot of the situation to explain what I'm talking about if this sounds too confusing.

I guess Shashin is only a teenager right now so I still have time to get extra strangers if I have to but I'm still rather worried about the collection.  I'm nervous that I may have to give her a new supermax skill, but based on the "free" ones I have left (the ones all immortals can max), that might not work out so well...ack.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #550 on: September 09, 2010, 01:19:32 PM »
@Kiwala, some Photography challenges may be bugged like the Nectar making Vizard of Vine one, so that's fine — as long as you do the required work to complete the challenge you can take credit for it.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #551 on: September 09, 2010, 01:23:06 PM »
@Kiwala, some Photography challenges may be bugged like the Nectar making Vizard of Vine one, so that's fine — as long as you do the required work to complete the challenge you can take credit for it.

Phew, thanks Metro.  If it remains bugged after I've finished the work, I'll make sure to get a screenshot of it to prove that I did it. :)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #552 on: September 09, 2010, 01:29:08 PM »
My stupid repair person stood by the post box for an hour without doing anything.  :-\

If you call them to repair the salvaged stuff, they never actually work on it.  They sometimes stand there for hours, then the message comes up that they're finished, you're billed $50, and magically all the salvaged items are restored to like-new condition and value.  The salvaged stuff does have to be on your property for this to work (you have to remember to take everything out of family inventory).  At least, that is how it works in my game.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #553 on: September 09, 2010, 01:30:08 PM »
I did and I dismissed the wretched sim!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #554 on: September 09, 2010, 01:30:47 PM »
Phew, thanks Metro.  If it remains bugged after I've finished the work, I'll make sure to get a screenshot of it to prove that I did it. :)

Sounds good. Yeah, with some recent skill challenge bugs — like the consignment store Impressive Reputation one where your stat is listed as Impressive, but the challenge is not grayed out, I can cut EA some slack. After all, they're recent bugs. But, with others like Guitar Star I have no idea what the delay is.