Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941731 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #825 on: September 22, 2010, 06:43:34 PM »
3.Max a skill not maxed by other immortals. All related skill challenges from the Skill Journal must also be accomplished for the skill.

Please tell me what about the above is confusing you. Your confusion is confusing me.  :D

Requirement not restriction.

What did this mean? Sorry, again. I guess I'm off my game today.

steelviper266

« Reply #826 on: September 22, 2010, 06:59:09 PM »
Please tell me what about the above is confusing you. Your confusion is confusing me.  :D

What did this mean? Sorry, again. I guess I'm off my game today.

The following tasks must be completed before Ambrosia can be eaten and Deathflowers placed in inventory.
3.Max a skill not maxed by other immortals. All related skill challenges from the Skill Journal must also be accomplished for the skill.

My founder is elderly. Can he place a deathflower in his inventory?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #827 on: September 22, 2010, 07:01:07 PM »
The following tasks must be completed before Ambrosia can be eaten and Deathflowers placed in inventory.

My founder is elderly. Can he place a deathflower in his inventory?

Only if he has completed all the requirements to eat Ambrosia and become immortal.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

steelviper266

« Reply #828 on: September 22, 2010, 07:10:49 PM »
Only if he has completed all the requirements to eat Ambrosia and become immortal.

I gotta restart.

Thankyou

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #829 on: September 22, 2010, 10:12:50 PM »
OK this is a simply math question but since my real life stuff is clogging up my brain I can't wrap my head around it. My immortals need three unique life time rewards which would be 24 unique life time rewards over the course of the dynasty. Right? So if there is 48 life time rewards that my immortals can use (minus the change LTW and change traits plus I have all expansions and stuff packs) My founder could get 27 Life time rewards (3 unique and 24 that can be shared by all)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #830 on: September 22, 2010, 10:28:27 PM »
Well, 3 times 8 is 24, so that's how many rewards have to be unique to each sim, 3 for each sim.  The rest are up for grabs for anyone.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #831 on: September 22, 2010, 10:28:33 PM »
OK this is a simply math question but since my real life stuff is clogging up my brain I can't wrap my head around it. My immortals need three unique life time rewards which would be 24 unique life time rewards over the course of the dynasty. Right?

Right.

So if there is 48 life time rewards that my immortals can use (minus the change LTW and change traits plus I have all expansions and stuff packs) My founder could get 27 Life time rewards (3 unique and 24 that can be shared by all)

Correct. I haven't actually counted the exact number available myself, so if it's 48, then yeah, 24 could be shared by all. All I know is there are plenty to go around for everyone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #832 on: September 22, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »
Ahoy there, me old mateys!  Barnacle Bay has just been downloaded into my game.  Bluebeard and his kin are waiting to populate the new town.   Shiver me timbers!  I'd really like to do a Dynasty in pirate town.  ;D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #833 on: September 23, 2010, 01:33:14 AM »
Me too on thinking I will start a dynasty in Pirate town.  I have kind of been waiting to restart to see if Barnacle Bay was going to be a town I'd like to use for it.  Did you see that there is a campground on the beach?  Now if I just could get my hands on a tent!  LOL  And now I am all confused again about the maxing skills.  I feel like I am brain damaged every time that discussion comes up again.  I will think I have it and then get all confused again. 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #834 on: September 23, 2010, 01:42:15 AM »
aAAAARRRRGGGHHH!  Yo ho ho and pass me the rum!  I so wish I was you!  I have to wait till pay day, (this Friday), before I can indulge.  I want a pirates dynasty too!

Ok, Metro you are NOT going to believe this!  Grimmy came for my mortal spouse tonight.  We knew it was coming partly because he kept wanting to hug Winter and then would serenade her and then go do something else for her, back and forth.  It was interesting to watch.  So when Grim appears no one is greatly surprised.  However, he took an inordinate amount of time chatting with the family before poor Jon had to bow to the inevitable.  Ok, so I'm expecting Grim to poof in a cloud of black smoke.  Instead:

I thought I would die laughing.  First he washes the dishes, then he chats up the son and tells him he loves hamburgers!

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

steelviper266

« Reply #835 on: September 23, 2010, 02:18:29 AM »
Right.

Correct. I haven't actually counted the exact number available myself, so if it's 48, then yeah, 24 could be shared by all. All I know is there are plenty to go around for everyone.

I counted 49 rewards.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #836 on: September 23, 2010, 03:40:34 AM »
However, he took an inordinate amount of time chatting with the family before poor Jon had to bow to the inevitable. 

Did Grim chat with the family before he took Jon?  Or just after?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #837 on: September 23, 2010, 12:10:19 PM »
Both.  And he never really "took" Jon.  Jon stood there as a ghost looking rather bewildered as Grimmy chatted and the family grieved and begged.  Then Jon started to walk away with an icon over his head that said he had to pee, as a ghost.  (You know that glide thing they do, not really a walk)
At that point moved past the family and went toward Jon who turned toward Grimmy and the usual beg for your life scenario started.  Grimmy never used his scythe but Jon just kind of gave up and dove into his tombstone.  Then Grimmy walked into the kitchen.  I usually see him poof into black smoke, right?  I was curious so I followed him clicking screenies all the while.  He walked into the kitchen, grabbed the plate of spoiled food, did the dishes and started to walk away.  So I clicked on him and he turned and did a friendly greeting with Justin.  The friend bar even started to fill up.  I sent Winter to make him a hamburger since he indicated he really liked them, (get to know was what they were doing), but at that point he just left running.  I knew he had a sweet tooth, (remember the pic of him buying a muffin or cookie from a kid?), but who knew he liked burgers as well.  Any other time I've tried to have a conversation with him it just says no interaction possible.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #838 on: September 23, 2010, 03:58:22 PM »
It was mentioned in another thread that the Coastal family of Barnacle Bay has 24 life plants, bearing fruit. I think this might have big implications for those starting a new dynasty.

Also, the scoop on Barnacle Bay Agnes: She's Agnes Seabottom, carries $32K, and is 8 days before Adult. She lives in a tiny house, hidden  by huge trees all over her lot. She has a military job and is Evil, Genius, Klepto, Daredevil, and Loner, with a LTW of Surrounded by Family. If you're looking for some cash and a baby, she can start you off.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #839 on: September 23, 2010, 04:10:43 PM »
It was mentioned in another thread that the Coastal family of Barnacle Bay has 24 life plants, bearing fruit. I think this might have big implications for those starting a new dynasty.

To me, it's not. Maybe it is to Pam. We'll see. I can max gardening inside of 3-4 days and have life fruit on the vine from Special Seeds in about 2 weeks. I'm not saying this to brag. Anyone can do this. So, I don't know. Not a huge issue to me.

Maybe the simplest solution would just be the added edit that any life fruit for Ambrosia needs to be home grown.

Pam? Your thoughts?