Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941636 times)

Offline alisonclaire

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1020 on: October 05, 2010, 08:25:42 AM »
Hi everyone --

Well, I have read up to about page 40 of this thread, but I have a question that I'm sure hasn't been answered up to that point and I'm pretty curious as to the answer, so I figured I'd just register and ask!

Anyway!  So, after some do-overs and unfortunate incidents (Julienne Knack, my founder's wife and designated painter/chef, was killed by a meteor just after gen 2 aged up to child... sigh), I am finally almost ready to have my founder eat ambrosia.  That said, not QUITE ready.  He is only 78 days old or so, so I'm not worried about having enough time to get everything done for him.  However, his 2nd wife, Sofia, who I spent ages rapidly skilling in cooking so that she could make the ambrosia, has just turned 90 days old.  I have all the ingredients and she has read the recipe and is capable of making it, so no worries there.  My question is this:  if I have her make it now (just so I have it in case she dies in the next few days), can I keep it in the fridge for 12 days or so?  How do I keep other Sims from eating it prematurely (or keep her from eating it right after preparing it)?  I do not have the food replicator and am not close to obtaining it.  I assume it will go bad if it is kept in someone's inventory?  Has anyone else run into this issue?  I don't want her to die before I can have her make it. 

Thanks for the help!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1021 on: October 05, 2010, 08:33:00 AM »
Only problem is, if you do put it in fridge, someone else is bound to eat it and that would be the end of that.  Since you do not have replicator, there really is no other place to put it and might have to wait until they turn elder to have your founder eat it.  I would just hate to see someone dynasty end because of placing ambrosia in the refrigerator. :D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alisonclaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #1022 on: October 05, 2010, 08:46:12 AM »
Exactly!  My gen2 is going to be a chef, but he has only just aged up to YA.  I think he is at level 4 cooking... I suppose that there is technically enough time for me to skill him to level ten if my founder has 12 days left. 

Grr... All this would be solved had I stuck with my original plan of having my founder be the chef.  In my first two attempts I did just that but I was annoyed with it by this try so I went with gardening for my founder...

I guess I just need to try and finish all my requirements for my founder as quickly as possible and if Sofia has an unusually long life, that's great, but if she doesn't, gen 2 is going to have to pick up the slack.  This challenge has seriously kept me on my toes, and I'm not even playing for points!  (I don't think I have broken any rules yet though -- it's hte control freak in me.  :D)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1023 on: October 05, 2010, 08:58:14 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, alisonclaire!

You could go ahead and try making a couple of batches of Ambrosia.  Put one in the fridge and one in inventory.  There's a chance that won't spoil because it's Ambrosia.  This would be a good way to find out.  You just need to keep an eye on the fridge and make sure nobody goes to autonomously to eat it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline alisonclaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #1024 on: October 05, 2010, 09:03:56 AM »
Good idea!  I actually just bought another fridge and walled it up... We will see how that works, and I'll report back about whether or not it spoils in someone's inventory.

Also, I just realized my founder is 83!  When did he get so old??   :o

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1025 on: October 05, 2010, 09:18:47 AM »
@alisonclaire — welcome to the forum. :)

So, can you make Ambrosia now? Is it a question of that your Founder just cannot eat it because of unfinished requirements? You have the life fruit and the deathfish and someone has the cooking skill ready to go?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1026 on: October 05, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »
Only thing is, even if you wall the fridge up that the ambrosia is in, all other refrigerators will have the same thing in them.  Now you got me wondering about it in the inventory, but I do know that someone will grab ambrosia if it is left over, because I had a sim that did that, I hadn't noticed it when he got it and saw the glow and he was  back at the beginning of adulthood again, but it was just one of my random games, so it didn't really matter.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alisonclaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #1027 on: October 05, 2010, 09:37:51 AM »
Only thing is, even if you wall the fridge up that the ambrosia is in, all other refrigerators will have the same thing in them.  Now you got me wondering about it in the inventory, but I do know that someone will grab ambrosia if it is left over, because I had a sim that did that, I hadn't noticed it when he got it and saw the glow and he was  back at the beginning of adulthood again, but it was just one of my random games, so it didn't really matter.

Just figured that out... I guess I have never had 2 fridges on the same lot before!

So, can you make Ambrosia now? Is it a question of that your Founder just cannot eat it because of unfinished requirements? You have the life fruit and the deathfish and someone has the cooking skill ready to go?

Exactly this, except that my founder's wife, who is the only one with high enough skill to make ambrosia at this point, has reached 90 days.  I'm just worried that she's going to die before he has finished the requirements to eat it. 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1028 on: October 05, 2010, 09:41:21 AM »
Exactly this, except that my founder's wife, who is the only one with high enough skill to make ambrosia at this point, has reached 90 days.  I'm just worried that she's going to die before he has finished the requirements to eat it. 

Ah, I see. Yeah, personally I would not store Ambrosia in a fridge. It's risky. If a non-Immortal eats it by mistake, as Salty pointed out, you're toast. Just keep the deathfish and life fruit in the fridge or in the cook's inventory.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1029 on: October 05, 2010, 09:49:49 AM »
Ah, I see. Yeah, personally I would not store Ambrosia in a fridge. It's risky. If a non-Immortal eats it by mistake, as Salty pointed out, you're toast. Just keep the deathfish and life fruit in the fridge or in the cook's inventory.

Even keeping life fruit in the fridge has its risks.  The cook will grab the life fruit to make any recipe that contains fruit.  I narrowly avoided having my sims eat cobbler made with life fruit one day.  I didn't know if recipes containing life fruit would be a problem or not, and really didn't want to find out that way.  But I do keep prepared Ambrosia in the fridge.  My sims eat only what I tell them to eat, and it hasn't been a problem.  So far.  Now I'm rethinking that strategy.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1030 on: October 05, 2010, 10:00:45 AM »
Yes, be careful.  I never thought that they would grab the ambrosia, but to them, if they are hungry, they will grab any leftover in fridge regardless of what it is.  Your right about the life fruit, they will make cobbler and pancakes with it.  I have a room under the basement, with no stairs.  When my immortal or non immortal sim harvests the deathflowers and life fruit, I stash them in that little room.  I will grab a deathflower when I need it.  Should only need eight, unless the grim comes for an immortal, oops, just remembered, that happened to me, yep, will need more than eight, lol. ;D

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1031 on: October 05, 2010, 10:53:58 AM »
I think I may have inadvertently cheated. My mortal spouse and immortal to be both have the same lifetime wish the one about the private aquarium. Well mortal spouse completed his lifetime wish which means the heir completed his wish too. But the heir didn't catch the fish so it shouldn't count as his victory if you like.
Should I use some of his lifetime happiness points and change his lifetime wish or is it a total do over. I don't mind changing his wish he is still only a teen so plenty of time left.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1032 on: October 05, 2010, 11:15:59 AM »
Even keeping life fruit in the fridge has its risks.  The cook will grab the life fruit to make any recipe that contains fruit.  I narrowly avoided having my sims eat cobbler made with life fruit one day. 

Excellent point. In the Man Dynasty Recipe only makes Lobster Thermidor for everyone.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1033 on: October 05, 2010, 11:19:53 AM »
I think I may have inadvertently cheated. My mortal spouse and immortal to be both have the same lifetime wish the one about the private aquarium. Well mortal spouse completed his lifetime wish which means the heir completed his wish too. But the heir didn't catch the fish so it shouldn't count as his victory if you like.
Should I use some of his lifetime happiness points and change his lifetime wish or is it a total do over. I don't mind changing his wish he is still only a teen so plenty of time left.

Nope. You're fine. The only concern with Lifetime Wishes is that all immortals need to have unique ones. It does not matter how they achieve the LTW, as long as it's legit. You could say the same thing about the Swimming in Cash LTW — give that to an immortal to be, and Bam...most of them would achieve it that instant because family funds would be over 50k anyway. It's all good.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1034 on: October 05, 2010, 11:23:35 AM »
Thank goodness for that. I can carry on now

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything