Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697637 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1275 on: June 13, 2015, 04:01:11 PM »
So that's your cue to come up with an excellent other type of challenge.  Right?

I see what you did there! You're challenging the challenge Man.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1276 on: June 14, 2015, 05:35:14 AM »
(big eye innocent face)  Moi?  Why, Metro, how could you think such a thing?  (snickers)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1277 on: June 17, 2015, 06:05:12 PM »
Yeah, I'm doubling daring you, Metro! The Immortal Dynasty rules were put up how long ago? And we haven't seen a hair of another Dynasty challenge yet! I've been patient to a fault - mainly because I am no longer a full-time Simmer and haven't touched my Origin client for a week, but I'm sure you've been cooking up the second Dynasty challenge while you were busy with all your work, right?  ;)
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1278 on: June 17, 2015, 06:31:43 PM »
Yeah, I'm doubling daring you, Metro! The Immortal Dynasty rules were put up how long ago? And we haven't seen a hair of another Dynasty challenge yet! I've been patient to a fault - mainly because I am no longer a full-time Simmer and haven't touched my Origin client for a week, but I'm sure you've been cooking up the second Dynasty challenge while you were busy with all your work, right?  ;)

The team is definitely going to be ironing out another event in the next few months. MarianT had a great idea for a Dynasty and I think we're running with it, so that's about all I will say at the moment.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1279 on: June 17, 2015, 09:19:26 PM »
Oh how exciting, another type of dynasty?! I can't wait!  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1280 on: June 18, 2015, 08:35:47 AM »
Newcrest will not be approved for this Immortal Dynasty.  No worries, we will try to incorporate Newcrest in the next dynasty.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1281 on: June 18, 2015, 12:59:28 PM »
Sorry if I have misunderstood, but can we use Newcrest for building retail lots, spare study spaces for heirs or it's not allowed in anyway?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1282 on: June 18, 2015, 02:17:26 PM »
You can pick any empty lot in Newcrest as your retail lot, but you cannot filled up other Newcrest lots with buildings, houses, etc etc.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1283 on: June 21, 2015, 04:09:02 AM »
Starting Lot Changes:

Willow Creek -- Oakenstead (you'll need to move in to any empty lot then use your phone to move household and bulldoze lot).
Oasis Springs -- Landgraab Affluista Mansion (you'll need to move in to any empty lot then use your phone to move household, evict Landgraabs, and bulldoze lot).
Newcrest -- Twin Oracle Point

All Immortal Dynasty players need to begin their game with $10,000.   If you have more than $10000 starting funds, use money cheat to bring it down.

Press Command-Shift-C to open the cheat console
Type testingcheats on, then Return/Enter
Type Money 10000, then Return/Enter
Type testingcheats off, then Return/Enter
Press Command-Shift-C to close the cheat console

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willow Creek and Oasis Springs still have the same starting lot, we just removed the specific empty lot you have to buy before moving.

Newcrest is added to this dynasty, while you still can't add other buildings in newcrest, you can start your dynasty there and build your retail lot there too if you wish.

Money cheat is added to the rule, this is mainly for players that want to start in Newcrest.  Since Newcrest lot is slightly smaller, your starting funds will not be the same, hence money cheat comes in to balance everyone's starting funds.  This also allows flexibility for future world with non 50X50 lot, thank you @ratchie for bringing this to our attention.  ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1284 on: June 26, 2015, 05:47:08 PM »
Requesting clarification on museum pieces, please.  The rules say you can have Focused paintings, from Focus skill, but also says later you can have Paintings, from Painting skill.  So if you are in a position where your Sim is pretty much always focused, and gets a whim to paint a mathematical diagram, this is different from a Sim who is an artist just painting paintings?  What about other emotion paintings?  Anyone can get a whim to paint a flirty, sad, energized, etc. etc. painting.  Are these counted as a separate group like focused paintings or just part of the general paintings group?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1285 on: June 26, 2015, 05:58:54 PM »
I'm not a mod, but I will try to answer as best as I can.  As far as I am aware, the reason that paintings (including emotional ones) are different from Mathematical diagrams is because if you look at what skill actually goes up, all the emotional paintings raise the painting skill, but the focused drawings level logic.  In fact, using the logic drawings does not count toward the emotional painting requirement of Painter Extraordinaire.  So emotional paintings are just a specialized painting, while focused drawings are a separate category because they are part of the logic skill.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1286 on: June 26, 2015, 06:34:00 PM »
Everything Shewolf13 stated is spot on. The Focused paintings derived from Logic are their own animal - all other paintings...emotional paintings or otherwise...are all lumped into the generic museum category "paintings" via the painting skill. Different emotional paintings do not get their own category.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #1287 on: June 26, 2015, 07:28:27 PM »
I'm not a mod, but I will try to answer as best as I can.  As far as I am aware, the reason that paintings (including emotional ones) are different from Mathematical diagrams is because if you look at what skill actually goes up, all the emotional paintings raise the painting skill, but the focused drawings level logic.  In fact, using the logic drawings does not count toward the emotional painting requirement of Painter Extraordinaire.  So emotional paintings are just a specialized painting, while focused drawings are a separate category because they are part of the logic skill.
That sounds great, except for one tiny detail.  Focused paintings actually do count towards the painter extraordinaire aspiration, unless they changed thing since I tried it.  They definitely do level logic instead of painting, though.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1288 on: June 26, 2015, 08:00:30 PM »
Hm, yeah, I was just playing a legacy family and tried to use the logic painting and it didn't count for the requirement... I may have to go test it out.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #1289 on: June 26, 2015, 09:17:20 PM »
That sounds great, except for one tiny detail.  Focused paintings actually do count towards the painter extraordinaire aspiration, unless they changed thing since I tried it.  They definitely do level logic instead of painting, though.

They count as an emotional painting so you can use it for painting your 3 emotionals, but the value of the logic painting is based on your logic skill, not your painting skill.  Also, they'll never be worth more than about $200 from what I've seen.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

anything