Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697697 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1605 on: December 25, 2015, 07:10:44 AM »
I always pick up a fisherman or woman from the park. They bring $20,000 and catch the angelfish. They're often elderly so die fairly soon. I'm ashamed to say I often house them in an annexe and don't let them in the main home!

That's actually a good idea. Never thought of that before. I've started a new dynasty now that Get Together has come out :)

There is one problem I have right now, and maybe someone knows a fix: I saved my game when my founder sim went to work. Just now I started up that game file again and the game says: 'Fiona is back from work and earned 77 simdollars, she did a horrible job'
Well duh, she hasn't been at work for more than one hour! She isn't supposed to be home at all. She isn't automaticly going to work anymore and I can't tell her either. It's quite annoying. Is there a way to get them to work? Or is it just tough luck.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #1606 on: December 25, 2015, 11:41:12 PM »
@MissZoef

I had the same issue... it's some glitch with the new expansion.  Out of luck for that day, unless you have an older save and the mods say you can revert to it.  Outside of that, make sure you end any club gatherings you're in before you close the game, or dont exit the game while your sim is at work, as I believe thats what causes it.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #1607 on: December 28, 2015, 05:32:16 PM »
Alright, so I'm fairly sure I know the answer to this one already, but:  I'm getting close to finishing my run of this challenge, and I've been debating doing another, but it takes far too long as-is.  Would it be possible to play on the short lifespan instead of the normal one and still have it be in the Hall of Fame?  As far as I can tell, the only benefits to playing on a short lifespan is the time saved (sim-life is about half as long) and *possibly* less ambrosia eaten, it depends on how long elders live with short lifespans. 

Basically I'm very interested in doing another to fix the mistakes I made the first time, but I really don't want to dedicate to another full 8 generation challenge. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1608 on: December 28, 2015, 05:53:03 PM »
I don't think it would be comparing the same challenge. One of the hardest things about a dynasty is the concentration needed for the length of the full challenge. For example; my last attempt failed due to me accidentally clicking a previously purchased reward instead of a "free" reward for a 6th generation. After about 60 hours of gameplay. This lapse mightn't happen if the whole challenge was less of a monumental effort!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1609 on: December 29, 2015, 02:07:29 AM »
Last night my computer crashed hard.  Everything is gone.  EVERYTHING.  No Origin, no games, no files, no pictures, no dynasty.  I'm grieving hard at this one. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1610 on: December 29, 2015, 04:51:10 AM »
Last night my computer crashed hard.  Everything is gone.  EVERYTHING.  No Origin, no games, no files, no pictures, no dynasty.  I'm grieving hard at this one. 

Oh man that sucks. Hopefully you're able to get it back again. How many generations did you have?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1611 on: December 29, 2015, 12:19:14 PM »

I am so sorry to hear that Joria.

Alright, so I'm fairly sure I know the answer to this one already, but:  I'm getting close to finishing my run of this challenge, and I've been debating doing another, but it takes far too long as-is.  Would it be possible to play on the short lifespan instead of the normal one and still have it be in the Hall of Fame?  As far as I can tell, the only benefits to playing on a short lifespan is the time saved (sim-life is about half as long) and *possibly* less ambrosia eaten, it depends on how long elders live with short lifespans. 

Basically I'm very interested in doing another to fix the mistakes I made the first time, but I really don't want to dedicate to another full 8 generation challenge. 
I don't think it would be comparing the same challenge. One of the hardest things about a dynasty is the concentration needed for the length of the full challenge. For example; my last attempt failed due to me accidentally clicking a previously purchased reward instead of a "free" reward for a 6th generation. After about 60 hours of gameplay. This lapse mightn't happen if the whole challenge was less of a monumental effort!

I agree with tjtemple, it won't be the same.  The whole point about hall of fame is to showcase those simmers that can endure a full length dynasty.  Cutting dynasty shorter will just be unfair for those simmers that is able to complete it on normal lifespan.  It does takes quite some concentration and dedication.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1612 on: December 29, 2015, 01:04:00 PM »
@Joria not the Thyme's too T_T OMG that's tragic! I can't imagine how you must be feeling now! *big hug*

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1613 on: December 29, 2015, 06:30:01 PM »
I've started a my dynasty!

I'm trying to figure out where I start posting my story and screen shots?

Chickwit

--This is my very first attempt at this.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1614 on: December 29, 2015, 07:55:11 PM »
@Chickwit

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/board,86.0.html

Bottom right hand corner, hit "New Topic" to create your very own story thread.

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1615 on: December 30, 2015, 08:44:50 AM »
Thank you so much Nutella! I'd seen the link earlier in the day but hadn't bookmarked it. Guess I was too busy reading stories.

I quickly started my own last night. Hoping I'll be able to "learn as I go". As my learning curve for technology is rather steep. Just getting photobucket set up was challenging. Ha, ha.

Keep Simming.
Chickwit

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1616 on: December 30, 2015, 12:50:27 PM »
I have a question.

Can somehow move Elaoria (my Dynasty sim) and move her to Willow Creek instead of the Oasis Springs? In looking at the scenery I find WC much prettier. I thought the desert would be "cool" but I'm just not "feeling" the vibe.

Thanks in advance (again)...

Poor nooboo Chickwit...

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1617 on: December 30, 2015, 02:06:26 PM »
No moving, you will have to do a fresh restart on your dynasty, sorry.

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1618 on: December 30, 2015, 02:42:17 PM »
Is it safe to follow the very first posting here as the "rules" for an Immortal Dynasty?

I only ask because there are so many pages and I'd prefer to not read through all the pages to see if there are updates.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1619 on: December 30, 2015, 02:54:06 PM »
Yes.  We try to include every single rule on the first page first post.