Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 704729 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1920 on: June 08, 2016, 06:34:11 PM »
Yes you can go ahead and place Maxis created restaurants.  You can own them too, it has nothing to do with Immortal Dynasty requirements, just something extra for your sims to do.

For Rival Dynasty, please wait for the team to revise the rules on restaurants.  For Immortal Dynasty, go ahead and play with restaurants all you want.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1921 on: June 09, 2016, 08:24:27 AM »
@Ricalynn I didn't know those were by the actual Maxis team! Now I can have better looking lots in my game ^-^ Thank you and the team for allowing us to use them <3
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1922 on: June 09, 2016, 10:36:14 AM »
No restrictions as long as you follow these rules:

1 -- They are Maxis created.
2 -- No bulldozing to place these lots, use empty lots only.
3 -- No structural changes can be made to these buildings or any other buildings.

Could you bulldoze a lot where you've put a Maxis created building yourself? If you change your mind?

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1923 on: June 09, 2016, 11:23:19 AM »
OMG  :o I just got a mini heart attack! My founder thought it was a good idea to eat the cake of my cow plant when I wasn't paying attention. They normally never do that. I was so scared she would die! Thank god she didn't. The cow plant is savely in my inventory now. Phew, crisis averted.  :D

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1924 on: June 09, 2016, 11:41:53 AM »
Could you bulldoze a lot where you've put a Maxis created building yourself? If you change your mind?

Only if you change your mind while still in build mode.  If you have already placed a spa, play your dynasty for a few generations then decide to bulldoze the spa, then the answer is "no". 

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #1925 on: June 09, 2016, 04:46:00 PM »
Jasmine Holiday moved into a lot after the Easter challenge was over. I thought she would have grown old like a normal Sim and died by now but she's still alive (Easter gen 2 was teen-YA, gen 3 is YA). She's never available when I visit her home and she doesn't appear on relationship panel either. Should I evict her then delete the Sim via Manage Worlds or let her remain?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1926 on: June 09, 2016, 06:58:24 PM »
Let her remain.  Who is Jasmine Holiday?  A random homeless sim?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1927 on: June 09, 2016, 06:59:40 PM »
She was the Growfruit challenge lady that you had to visit to get the special planters and fertilizer from during the event.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1928 on: June 09, 2016, 07:04:47 PM »
Ah I see.  @Nettlejuice - Go ahead and evict and delete her, that will free up the house for other sims to move in.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #1929 on: June 10, 2016, 05:36:31 AM »
@Nutella Thank you!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1930 on: June 10, 2016, 05:52:11 PM »
Just noticed that the mixology drink 'Snaggle Fluster' is available in Maxis restaurants when you go into the "edit a custom menu" options. Considering this drink increases skilling rates by a huge amount and is normally only available through the mixologist career as a job opportunity... which is quite hard to get, it doesn't seem right to have this option available in a dynasty challenge. Thoughts?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #1931 on: June 10, 2016, 06:12:09 PM »
I haven't tried all the experimental food yet, do any of them benefit a Sim in some way? If not, is the chef station allowed on home lots?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1932 on: June 11, 2016, 07:28:42 AM »
Just noticed that the mixology drink 'Snaggle Fluster' is available in Maxis restaurants when you go into the "edit a custom menu" options. Considering this drink increases skilling rates by a huge amount and is normally only available through the mixologist career as a job opportunity... which is quite hard to get, it doesn't seem right to have this option available in a dynasty challenge. Thoughts?
You need to manually edit the menu to be able to get "snaggle fluster" correct?  If you don't edit the menu, does any of the Maxis restaurants already have "snaggle fluster" prebuilt into the menu?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1933 on: June 11, 2016, 01:17:56 PM »
None of the Maxis preset menus have Snaggle Fluster on it, so I think yes you would have to actually edit the menus to have them served anywhere. 

All special drinks except for the emotion potions are available on the menu selection screen.

Edit to Add:

I haven't tried all the experimental food yet, do any of them benefit a Sim in some way? If not, is the chef station allowed on home lots?

The only benefit I've gotten from the food is a temporary happy moodlet that talks about it being art. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1934 on: June 11, 2016, 03:35:15 PM »
Rules Update:

You may alter menus only in restaurants that you own.

With the new rule, you at least have to go to the trouble of owning a restaurant to be able to edit in "Snaggle Fluster".  There are too many skilling advantages from club expansion pack (club skilling perks) that makes snaggle fluster less impactful than before.