Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697863 times)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2370 on: November 11, 2017, 08:57:45 PM »
After the latest patch, the stereo related tasks will not complete during the birthday parties.  I have had two birthday parties and the dance and the listen to music tasks didn't register even though I started the actions well before the timer ran out.  I even cancelled actions and started them again but it still didn't show as complete and didn't even show that any Sims were dancing or listening to music.  They were ones like 3 Sims dance or listen to music at the same time.  I am trying to get the gold party for the birthday.  Can I count it as gold as I completed the other actions or do I have to find some other party that doesn't have those requirements?  After looking at the other party requirements it looks like all the ones that are left have similar requirements.
Cynthia

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #2371 on: November 11, 2017, 09:18:35 PM »
After the latest patch, the stereo related tasks will not complete during the birthday parties.  I have had two birthday parties and the dance and the listen to music tasks didn't register even though I started the actions well before the timer ran out.  I even cancelled actions and started them again but it still didn't show as complete and didn't even show that any Sims were dancing or listening to music.  They were ones like 3 Sims dance or listen to music at the same time.  I am trying to get the gold party for the birthday.  Can I count it as gold as I completed the other actions or do I have to find some other party that doesn't have those requirements?  After looking at the other party requirements it looks like all the ones that are left have similar requirements.
Did you have a club gathering going at the time?  I found that if I didn't end my family club gathering before a party, the stereo things wouldn't register. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #2372 on: November 12, 2017, 12:01:28 PM »
I have this problem too, and I've tried ending gatherings before and during, and it hasn't made any difference. The same issue happens with sims playing games together too, it doesn't register.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2373 on: November 12, 2017, 07:48:25 PM »
Requirments Not completing for Parties since Newest patch.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Party-Goals-not-fulfilling/td-p/6381164

All players please keep a note of completing those types of event requirements to get credit.  Remember to always manually track your Heirs requirements anyways. Hopefully, they will fix the bug soon.

As in:

3 sims dancing etc

Shannon

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2374 on: November 15, 2017, 07:25:12 PM »
A head's up concerning the Curator Aspiration. In the past, milestones for this aspiration have only completed if the tasks were achieved while the particular milestone was active. For example, "Collect 5 Crystals" would not complete if the Sim had collected the crystals before that milestone. In addition, "Collect 25 collectibles" on Milestone IV did not auto-complete. I have had both of those things complete after my Sim traveled. I am not sure if this is a bug or by design, but this could be an issue in Dynasty challenges, causing an inadvertent completion of an aspiration, with the potential for failing the challenge.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2375 on: November 15, 2017, 09:19:08 PM »
A head's up concerning the Curator Aspiration. In the past, milestones for this aspiration have only completed if the tasks were achieved while the particular milestone was active. For example, "Collect 5 Crystals" would not complete if the Sim had collected the crystals before that milestone. In addition, "Collect 25 collectibles" on Milestone IV did not auto-complete. I have had both of those things complete after my Sim traveled. I am not sure if this is a bug or by design, but this could be an issue in Dynasty challenges, causing an inadvertent completion of an aspiration, with the potential for failing the challenge.

I'm in the game now, I'm doing some testing. I'll update in a few minutes.

When my sim traveled back home, it did autocomplete when I switched back to the Aspiration. I don't see any reports of this on the forum.  I don't see it as being a huge problem if the game is completing the aspiration and all the milestones are actually completed.

If you are using this as a Unique Aspiration for an HEIR, Please use caution as it now "auto-completing"  For example, "Collect 5 Crystals", after travel. 

Let's see what the others say on the matter.

Shannon

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2376 on: November 15, 2017, 10:35:20 PM »
Right, it isn't a problem as far as the Aspiration counting but it could be a problem if it autocompletes when a player wasn't expecting it to and it was a claimed aspiration of the founder or a previous heir. I just wanted players to be aware. The Curator is an aspiration I use frequently for mining points. I also liked it because it didn't auto-complete (ie. I had control over whether it completed or not). That has changed and players need to be careful so as not to fail the dynasty because of the change.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2377 on: November 15, 2017, 10:43:54 PM »
Right, it isn't a problem as far as the Aspiration counting but it could be a problem if it autocompletes when a player wasn't expecting it to and it was a claimed aspiration of the founder or a previous heir. I just wanted players to be aware. The Curator is an aspiration I use frequently for mining points. I also liked it because it didn't auto-complete (ie. I had control over whether it completed or not). That has changed and players need to be careful so as not to fail the dynasty because of the change.

I added a line about using caution when using it as a Unique Aspiration for a Heir in my previous statement.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2378 on: November 15, 2017, 10:49:11 PM »
I agree with you, reggikko. In my Rival Dynasties Challenge as well, I always relied on The Curator stopping at "Collect 25 collectibles 0/25" since the aspiration was claimed as unique by a specific heir.
I could see myself inadvertently selecting it in another dynasty challenge (Ten Gen Townie) and failing. :(
Another aspiration that works similarly would be Painter Extraordinaire. I'm safe as long as my sim doesn't paint the 5 masterpieces after reaching Tier IV. I wonder if that's changed, too.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2379 on: November 15, 2017, 11:59:22 PM »
@oshizu, yes I deliberately choose those kinds of aspirations to get points because they've been safe. I was also wondering if other aspirations are affected. I also question if this was intentional since it only seems to complete if the Sim travels.

I was working on Curator in my Ten-Gen Dynasty, but I was not intending to complete it until my heir moved out so I could get the 2 points. It wasn't an issue, really, because you can't switch around, and I'm basically only allowing one aspiration per generation anyway, but I'd have been quite upset if this was the 6th generation of an Immortal Dynasty and I got that little surprise!

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #2380 on: November 16, 2017, 04:41:36 AM »
I've just had my "Collect 15 insects" in the Outdoor Enthusiast autocomplete when travelling to Granite Falls (after it was 11/15 before travelling) so guess it may be a bug affecting collecting things?

Offline Fuzzlechan

• Nooboo
« Reply #2381 on: November 22, 2017, 05:28:32 PM »
I don't see it anywhere in the rules - is it okay to start with a pet?

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2382 on: November 29, 2017, 05:46:24 AM »
Just got back into playing and thought I'd try (again!) for the dynasty.

I'm really struggling with parties though. Certain goals will not complete. For example listening to music or playing games, even though household members are doing these things. Anyone got a solution?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2383 on: November 29, 2017, 06:03:19 AM »

I'm really struggling with parties though. Certain goals will not complete. For example listening to music or playing games, even though household members are doing these things. Anyone got a solution?

Welcome back. :) Yeah, the party bug apparently is a recent one...

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22195.msg472405#msg472405

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2384 on: November 29, 2017, 06:53:16 AM »

Welcome back. :) Yeah, the party bug apparently is a recent one...

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22195.msg472405#msg472405

Thanks Metro. Am I within the rules if I use the cheat box to complete them or shall I just wait until the glitch is fixed?

anything