Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698216 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #615 on: December 16, 2014, 03:22:30 PM »
Speaking of aspiration changes...  Tier four of Public Enemy now requires that you witness a sim dying.  Without the ability to cause death, this pretty much makes this a "hang out in the park for days" requirement.  Could we get some sort of exception for this?

Edit:  nevermind, I thought about it and really you just need to invite elders to your house till you see one die.  Still an annoying requirement.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #616 on: December 16, 2014, 03:23:50 PM »
Hey Play, have you tried saving, exiting out, clearing caches, and then going back in?  I had to do that last night for my second gen heir's child aspiration to complete.  Even though she had maxed the mental skill, it wasn't registering.  But exiting, clearing caches, and going back in worked.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #617 on: December 16, 2014, 03:26:44 PM »
Yep, tried that. I think I have tried everything.

To top it all off, as soon as I went into my game we had a fire. I had a lamp on the mantelpiece... no-one could extinguish the fire because apparently they couldn't reach the lamp.... so it just burnt everything until the automatic sprinkler system kicked in.  :(
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #618 on: December 16, 2014, 03:39:35 PM »
Yep, tried that. I think I have tried everything.

Ugh. Old bugs fixed + plenty of new ones. @Play, do what you need to do (cheat code) to get yourself back to prepatch status.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #619 on: December 16, 2014, 03:57:51 PM »
Thank you so much... I was just about, very, very nearly... gonna call it quits on the Hollingsworths... I'll still try to find a work around. There might be some use in uninstalling/reinstalling through Origin. I'll let you know if there is a non-cheat code way of restoring her work requirements.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #620 on: December 16, 2014, 04:08:42 PM »
I have the same problem as Play now. The Culinary Career wants you to Reach level 7 in Cooking Skill and Reach level 4 in Gourmet skill. Gen 3 has already maxed both out. She is 3 1/2 days out from her next promotion.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #621 on: December 16, 2014, 04:10:37 PM »
Looks like the careers/aspirations aren't looking at previously completed requirements, only the ones you complete after you receive them...  if this is a universal issue EA should get it fixed pretty quickly.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #622 on: December 16, 2014, 04:26:56 PM »
Looks like the careers/aspirations aren't looking at previously completed requirements, only the ones you complete after you receive them...  if this is a universal issue EA should get it fixed pretty quickly.

So does that mean if you enter a career with the corresponding skill already maxed that the career path/promotion steps won't work?

Offline Fuzzle

• Nooboo
« Reply #623 on: December 16, 2014, 04:32:08 PM »
Quick question. Do my founder and her baby-maker have to be married, or does he just need to be living in the house?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #624 on: December 16, 2014, 04:39:31 PM »
Quick question. Do my founder and her baby-maker have to be married, or does he just need to be living in the house?

Parents of heirs must be living in the Dynasty home, but marriage is not a requirement.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #625 on: December 16, 2014, 04:59:48 PM »
So does that mean if you enter a career with the corresponding skill already maxed that the career path/promotion steps won't work?

Still looking into it myself...  I'm keeping an eye on the bug forums to see if other people report similar issues, and I'm trying to get Nick past his current rank to see if he runs into the same issue. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #626 on: December 16, 2014, 06:02:08 PM »
Parents of heirs must be living in the Dynasty home, but marriage is not a requirement.
I was thinking about this the other day. If I'm aiming for the big happy family aspiration, would it be possible for a female heir to have/adopt two kids before the "spouse" moves in, making her third child the eligible heir? I was just concerned about the number of sims that Aspiration would eventually require you to have in the house, and having the heir as a younger child rather than the older one would give them a bit more time after older sims die/move out to get hitched and have kids of their own. (Does this make sense?)

What I'm asking is, can you have an heir have kids before the spouse is moved in, and if so, are those kids ineligible to be the heir?
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #627 on: December 16, 2014, 06:15:58 PM »
Oh dear with the issues with getting previously gotten skill levels to register for both careers and aspirations to register I think I'll just temporarily stop playing my dynasty since I'll go away for Christmas and New Years either way on saturday, especially since I haven't been able to play since they released the patch earlier today. Wait it is after midnight better say yesterday.

They most likely will have release a patch to fix the issues when I get back.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #628 on: December 16, 2014, 06:24:50 PM »
I have the same problem as Play now. The Culinary Career wants you to Reach level 7 in Cooking Skill and Reach level 4 in Gourmet skill. Gen 3 has already maxed both out. She is 3 1/2 days out from her next promotion.

exactly this! My sims has cooking career lvl 8 and now the new requirement is gourmet cooking lvl 6 and it says she has 0/6! She has both cooking skills maxed out >.< Of course this is the last requirement I need to get the ambrosia requirements :( I really hope there is a way to fix it. Also she has the reward of never getting tired, after the update her 'sleep needs' decay again, so my no sleep reward is useless now :( I was very excited about the patch, but it is messing up my secend attempt at the dynasty challenge..

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #629 on: December 16, 2014, 06:28:20 PM »
Thank you so much... I was just about, very, very nearly... gonna call it quits on the Hollingsworths... I'll still try to find a work around. There might be some use in uninstalling/reinstalling through Origin. I'll let you know if there is a non-cheat code way of restoring her work requirements.

isn't there a way or cheat code that can remove skills/add them? maybe that is something to fix our problem. I encountered the same bug with the cooking career.