Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 706040 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1080 on: May 12, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »
@oshizu , you have to find the teens parent and use the Ask To Move in interaction with them. Then when the moving screen comes up you just choose the teen that you want. Or you can move in the whole family, whatever you want really.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1081 on: May 12, 2015, 09:53:26 PM »
@Playalot, I'm a little confused.  When I PM'ed the Challenges team few months ago about doing that with a child-age sim, I was told that I needed to either move in the parents too or wait until the child aged to Young Adult.  As a workaround, I moved in an elder and had the elder adopt a child (then had to wait for that elder to die).

Is it okay to use that method (ask a parent to move in but move in the offspring instead) to move in a teen but not a child?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1082 on: May 12, 2015, 09:57:55 PM »
@oshizu, best wait for a team member to answer for sure but I was under the impression that as long as you were using the 'Ask To Move In' interaction and NOT using manage worlds etc then asking teenage sims to join the house was fine. In fact I'm sure someone asked that question not so long ago somewhere on this thread. I'll keep looking and see if I can find it for you.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1083 on: May 12, 2015, 10:01:06 PM »
@KTK10
Any age.  Yes, you can move in your "teenager" potential spouse.

Ah, found it... here is Nutella saying it's fine to move in a teen aged sim. Hopefully that is what you were looking for @oshizu   It was literally on the previous page. (page 43)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1084 on: May 12, 2015, 10:44:59 PM »
@oshizu , you have to find the teens parent and use the Ask To Move in interaction with them. Then when the moving screen comes up you just choose the teen that you want. Or you can move in the whole family, whatever you want really.

This is kind of a new trick that players discovered.  I myself is not a fan of this, but it is not against the rule to do so.  oshizu, when you PM me about your child sim situation, I didn't realize at that time the game allows us to manipulate the moving in screen.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1085 on: May 13, 2015, 04:09:19 AM »
I'm not a fan of that either, Nutella.  You could have a pollinator decide he wants one or more of his spawn to move in with him but not the mom and that is just not right.  Gee, who knew there could be "custody" issues in Sims?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1086 on: May 13, 2015, 08:02:19 AM »
Hmm, I didn't even know this was a trick! I just thought it was how the game worked!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #1087 on: May 13, 2015, 09:14:19 AM »
Hmm, I didn't even know this was a trick! I just thought it was how the game worked!

It *is* how the game works. I don't think it necessarily should be classed as a trick just because it's not automatically assumed to work that way. I suspect it was intentional because they have generally made it easy to rearrange and mix up households in Sims 4.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1088 on: May 13, 2015, 09:50:15 AM »
It is intentional but being able to move in a child sim without his/her parents is just wrong on all levels.  I know this is a game, but I always compare it to real life ... just seems like kidnapping the poor child.  You befriend the parent, ask him to move in, then say: "hey sorry bud, I don't want you to move in, I just want your child.  Off you go now."  ;D

@oshizu
I apologized if I mess up your dynasty.  I was just so used to sims 3 not being able to move in children by themselves, and didn't realize sims 4 you can do it.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1089 on: May 13, 2015, 11:33:37 AM »
Is it considered a cheat if during an Incognito Party I change the costume of my household Sims only to what I want them to wear? Using the mirror and not CAS.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1090 on: May 13, 2015, 12:09:09 PM »
Does changing the costume using mirror gives you any advantage gameplay wise?  Seems harmless.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #1091 on: May 13, 2015, 12:19:32 PM »
It is intentional but being able to move in a child sim without his/her parents is just wrong on all levels.  I know this is a game, but I always compare it to real life ... just seems like kidnapping the poor child.  You befriend the parent, ask him to move in, then say: "hey sorry bud, I don't want you to move in, I just want your child.  Off you go now."  ;D

Oh yes, I get what you mean on a real world level - especially if you're doing it repeatedly it's hard to come with an explanation sometimes.Generally I find it hilarious though :D
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1092 on: May 13, 2015, 12:59:32 PM »
Does changing the costume using mirror gives you any advantage gameplay wise?  Seems harmless.

Personally I don't think it gives you an advantage, just puts you in a costume like everyone else but no one seems to notice if you are not dressed properly.  For instance, in one black and white party my Sim changed clothes to party clothes which were red and it didn't create any problem or even be noticed by the other guests.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1093 on: May 13, 2015, 02:28:11 PM »
@Nutella It's totally harmless but I thought I would ask in any case. Though in one test run one of the party requirements was changed to something else - instead of needing a Hamburger Cake it became Taco Casserole.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1094 on: May 13, 2015, 02:33:04 PM »
@Nettlejuice
Changing costume seems harmless enough, shouldn't be a problem.