Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697884 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1590 on: December 20, 2015, 12:11:15 PM »
Update:

Added this sentence to the rules:
Any sims that were originally living on a dynasty lot may be placed elsewhere.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #1591 on: December 22, 2015, 12:42:42 AM »
Hey guys, I know this has probably been asked and answered before, but with 64 pages of replies to dig through...  It's okay to age up babies as soon as you get the "it's XXXX's birthday." notification, correct?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1592 on: December 22, 2015, 02:30:47 AM »
@Nutella I think what @oshizu is saying is if you start in Willow Springs, you have to start in the plot the Oakenstead household starts in. The instructions for that starting location is different to the other three/four starting locations, in that it reads that you get to relocate the other three families, but not that family. So, are we able to locate the Oakenstead household to another house should we elect to start in Willow Springs? @oshizu can correct me if I have misunderstood.
@Deklitch you are a mindreader! Thank you for explaining so eloquently what I wanted to say!
I've been away from the game and I could have just started a new game, but I remember wanting to play that household in Oakenstead but having to evict them.
Or is Oakenstead always vacant when starting a new game?
Thank you for clarifying, Pam, and Nutella, that occupants of a for-dynasty lot can be expelled at game start.

Also, I was reading back a few pages and noted that official Maxis-created lots (residences and commercial lots) can be added to Newcrest.
Someone then asked whether adding residences to Newcrest would draw new residents.  Has anyone experienced this happening? That is, do new residents move into Newcrest homes?
I'm wondering if it's worth adding another town in Newcrest with homes and lots (bar, club, etc) or whether that would only necessarily bloat my save file without any positive results. But then again, the addition of Windenberg does away with the need for additional lots in Newcrest for an ID?
I might have just answered my own question....

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1593 on: December 22, 2015, 05:56:27 AM »
Hey guys, I know this has probably been asked and answered before, but with 64 pages of replies to dig through...  It's okay to age up babies as soon as you get the "it's XXXX's birthday." notification, correct?

Yes.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1594 on: December 22, 2015, 11:29:04 AM »
Hi, guys, I was just wondering if aliens could be used as founders (I'd like to try to make an immortal family of all aliens). Thanks!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1595 on: December 22, 2015, 01:47:06 PM »
Also, I was reading back a few pages and noted that official Maxis-created lots (residences and commercial lots) can be added to Newcrest.
Someone then asked whether adding residences to Newcrest would draw new residents.  Has anyone experienced this happening? That is, do new residents move into Newcrest homes?

In my Runaway Teen game I added new venues, (commercial lots), to Newcrest as well as new residences.  I placed a few families in some of the houses.  The vacant ones remained vacant but there were several new homeless folks not seen elsewhere.  It was fun playing there but even with "fill empty houses" checked they didn't fill.

Before I forget, Merry Christmas to one and all and a big thank you to our hard working challenge team members!  It was great to see Pam pop in so a special hug for you, Pam.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1596 on: December 22, 2015, 03:23:36 PM »
Hi, guys, I was just wondering if aliens could be used as founders (I'd like to try to make an immortal family of all aliens). Thanks!

Yes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1597 on: December 22, 2015, 07:44:07 PM »
@Joria Thanks for letting me know about your Newcrest homes not filling with new households.
To everyone else, sorry for so many questions recently.  I'm so eager to play now, yet have forgotten what little I had known.

Offline MrPancakes

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challengedo n
« Reply #1598 on: December 23, 2015, 05:38:28 AM »
I don't get the gold medals thing. Can the heirs share the different types of parties? I actually do not get this at all.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1599 on: December 23, 2015, 08:07:03 AM »
The parties only have to be different for that specific heir. The next one can repeat the same parties but you wouldn't be able to have an heir do 2 of the same, like 2 gold dates on the home lot only counts a 1 gold date but the next heir is free to have their own gold date on the home lot and count that one.

If heir 1 is the host of the party, only heir 1 can claim it, even if it was heir 2's birthday party.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline MrPancakes

• Nooboo
« Reply #1600 on: December 23, 2015, 10:28:59 AM »
Alright thanks a lot, I completely understand.

Do you recommend any people to move in that could help with the dynasty?

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1601 on: December 23, 2015, 10:32:30 AM »
I always pick up a fisherman or woman from the park. They bring $20,000 and catch the angelfish. They're often elderly so die fairly soon. I'm ashamed to say I often house them in an annexe and don't let them in the main home!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1602 on: December 23, 2015, 03:04:09 PM »
And some people pick up the gardeners there too @tjtemple so don't feel too bad :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline MrPancakes

• Nooboo
« Reply #1603 on: December 23, 2015, 03:43:15 PM »
One more question: when we move the Landgraabs to another lot could we instead merge the households together with our founders or do we have to become friendly with them and then ask them to move in?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #1604 on: December 23, 2015, 03:55:10 PM »
You need to befriend them and ask to move in. Merging families is prohibited.

anything