Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697841 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1830 on: May 04, 2016, 01:12:31 PM »
*cries*

Okay, After Gia ate her ambrosia, and all. Everything was going fine. I saved and closed my dynasty file. That was two days ago. This morning I go to play, I sent Tony(gen 8 ) the park in Willow Creek But it keeps going back to the loading screen. No one can travel. After it goes back to the the loading screen, my main parks in each town comes up as "incomplete" but they are complete. I've removed CC, does not help.

I don't know what to do. Has this come up before in anyone elses Dynasty?

@MrsFlynn

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1831 on: May 04, 2016, 01:28:14 PM »
Have you cleared caches and do you have an earlier save?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1832 on: May 04, 2016, 01:43:58 PM »
Have you cleared caches and do you have an earlier save?

Rachel

Yes I did clear the cache and no avail. And yes I do have a earlier save. One day off

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1833 on: May 07, 2016, 03:16:05 PM »
I have a question about how to provide generational stats to accompany a story.
Is there any easy way to insert a table into a thread that can be continuously updated?

My emphasis on the word "easy." I see that our message menu has a "table" function but it's not intuitive at all.
Plus I feel it might be clunky for a table with 5-6 columns.
I've seen simmers share their completed tables in a post, but I'd like one that could be updated every real-life week or so.

Suggestions would be welcome.  :)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1834 on: May 09, 2016, 08:06:43 PM »
Hi, I just wanted to be sure about a couple of things regarding kids.

1) Heirs must be the first born of the previous generation, correct? So, say if Gen 5 is doing the Big Happy Aspiration, he must first father Gen 6, and only then can he father kids outside the house, right?

2) Can spouses can have kids from previous relationships?

Thanks!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1835 on: May 10, 2016, 10:09:47 PM »
So I had a weird problem recently occur.  I thought they had fixed the issue about pregnant Sims and their life span but my Gen 2 heir is now set to age up 3 days after the other person in the house that she shared a previous birthday with.   Do I just age her up with him or wait for the game to say it's her birthday.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1836 on: May 10, 2016, 11:47:10 PM »
@dontmindme: Your hypothetical Gen. 5 would have to do exactly that (and have the sixth heir be a boy too, as them seeding the town is the most sure-fire way to get enough grandkids for the aspiration). And there's nothing in the rules that says that spouses can't have previous kids. And I've seen other people use spouses with existing kids without us having an issue with them. :P

@Ricalynn: It happened to one of my pregnant sims just a couple days ago too (she started in a household where she was the same age as everybody and now she's 2 days behind), and I did a quick search of our patch note threads to see if it was a listed fix anywhere and it wasn't.

I'm trying to search the thread and my PMs for confirmation either way, but I'm 98% sure the protocol is just to ignore it and wait for when the game says it's her birthday. It's not your fault that the bug has yet to be fixed. But I'll edit if I can find anything saying otherwise.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1837 on: May 14, 2016, 10:58:32 AM »
Thanks, Trip. I figured if it was true for first one, it would be true for the later one, just wanted to be sure the first had to happen the way I thought. I appreciate it!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1838 on: May 14, 2016, 11:21:35 AM »
Regarding whether a founder/heir can marry a sim with previous kids, I think the following posts would make that a no-no.

One question though. I thought I read somewhere that we can't marry our sims to existing families in the sims universe. I think maybe I'm wrong on this though as no one said anything in my first attempt. I may be mixing up the different legacy rules. Can we marry anyone in town and move in whatever townies we choose? Just need to clarify.

Yes you can marry your sims to existing families, only if they do not have any previous children.  You can't move in with them, they have to move in with you to your dynasty lot.  The targeted spouse must not have any previous children.  Also sims from online gallery is banned, make sure you start your dynasty on a fresh file virgin town.

You can move in whoever you want, but you can't move them out once you move them in.  They must remain in your dynasty house and die of old age, no intentionally killing them off.  Be careful because your household can only have 8 people max, if you move in too many and they haven't died yet, then you can't produce heir.

This is a very missable remark and it never appears in the "Rules." It is the second iteration of the "no dynasty spouse with previous children," but I failed to find the first instance (only remember that it exists).
Whether a spouse with previous children is permitted or not, I wish to humbly suggest that the Team's ruling on this be added to the rules.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1839 on: May 14, 2016, 11:45:05 AM »
The team will have a chat and get back to you all regarding the ruling about previous children

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1840 on: May 17, 2016, 10:29:15 AM »
RULES UPDATE:

Heirs Rules
- The firstborn child through natural pregnancy of any generation is the targeted Immortal.
- In the event a pregnancy results in twins or triplets, then the first named child is the next Immortal.
- Heirs must result from natural pregnancies where both parents are living in the Dynasty house.
- Children that result from your Sim having been abducted and impregnated are not allowed to become heir.  When the child is born, the player can choose to keep baby as spare household member (non-immortals) or choose to return alien baby to home world.
- Your sim that has been abducted and impregnated are still eligible to produce an heir.
- Spouses with children from previous relationships are still eligible to produce an heir.
- Your 7th generation firstborn must be a female. She will need to become pregnant without adding a spouse to the household to bring in the 8th and final immortal.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1841 on: May 21, 2016, 11:30:35 PM »
Thank you for the clarifications!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1842 on: May 22, 2016, 06:42:16 AM »
The gym in Windenburg doesn't have a door on the ground floor (just the entrance) so Sims have to take the stairs down, across the basement to stairs that lead back up to the ground floor. Can I add in a door so they no longer do this please? I think maybe Eaxis made a mistake by having glass windows only and forgot to add a door.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1843 on: May 22, 2016, 11:18:24 AM »
Sorry Nettlejuice, the team has decided that any structural change to the building is not allowed.

How about using the gyms in Oasis Springs or Willow Creek?  I know I do, I dislike the Windenburg's gym. 

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1844 on: May 22, 2016, 02:31:21 PM »
@Nutella It's OK. I just feel bad for Sims having to use that path when they could easly have a door that leads to the gym, lol. Thank you =)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast