Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697728 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1845 on: May 24, 2016, 04:44:12 PM »
My founder's husband just died. She is so incredibly upset (she also witnessed the death). I almost feel sad for her, poor thing.  :(

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1846 on: May 25, 2016, 06:56:26 PM »
Is it true (I couldn't find it in the comments here), if you finish school with an A when you are a child and a teen, that you start ahead on your job later? Or are more factors involved?
I will explain: my heir started out with the whiz kid aspiration when she was a child, she finished that, got an A in elementary and high school, maxed out the mental skill as a child and maxed out the logic skill as a teen. When she became a young adult, I chose to start the scientist career from get to work. When I started this career, I started at lvl 3 (I don't have any aspiration rewards). What of the things from above helped me start at lvl 3? Just the A's in school? Or are the maxed out skills also important? I'm very curious, because I would like to try that again with the next heir of course  :) it's so funny that after all those hours I've played the sims 4 (about 500), that I still learn new things quite often  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1847 on: May 25, 2016, 06:58:17 PM »
Having an A in grade school will give you a B in high school and level 2 in teen jobs.  Having an A in high school gives you the level 3 in your chosen career after reaching young adult.

I think this is mentioned in the tips thread on the story board if you're looking for more things to think about.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1848 on: May 26, 2016, 04:24:09 AM »
Having an A in grade school will give you a B in high school and level 2 in teen jobs.  Having an A in high school gives you the level 3 in your chosen career after reaching young adult.

I think this is mentioned in the tips thread on the story board if you're looking for more things to think about.
Thanks :-) I never noticed the career lvl 3 before, or I just forgot, since I've tried the  dynasty challenge before. I'll check out the tips thread too, thank you :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #1849 on: May 29, 2016, 09:54:53 AM »
Would a mod that allowed same sex pregnancy be allowed as long as it didn't affect anything else? And would those children be eligible to be the heir?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1850 on: May 29, 2016, 09:58:27 PM »
@Meg

I'm not the team, but I can almost guarantee that it won't be allowed.  As far as I'm aware, no mods that affect gameplay are allowed for the Challenges or Dynasties.  At least, you wouldn't be HoF eligible.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1851 on: May 30, 2016, 12:13:21 PM »
I have a question regarding the townies. I'm almost at my third generation (the baby is on the way) and already the three towns are almost empty. I actually had a hard time finding a partner for my second gen too due to the lack of 'townies' I now have a partner who hates kids (poor man  :P). Is it allowed to fill your empty homes with random families from the gallery? I think it's probably not allowed, but I was expecting that the houses would fill automaticly (this is turned on in the options) and so far nothing has happened.

How long does it take for the game to fill them on their own? Maybe I'm impatient.
I saw something about this subject regarding the ghosts when I searched for this subject, but nothing about filling homes via the gallery.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1852 on: May 30, 2016, 12:18:17 PM »
This is actually why a lot of people include a pollinator because townies disappear and we're not allowed to move people in via the gallery per the rules.    One thing I've noticed is the more time you spend in certain neighborhoods the more likely they will get people in the houses. 

Do you have get together? Make sure there aren't clubs with ghosts.  Otherwise just wait.  My Gen 3 didn't seem to have any prospects for getting the social aspiration but then 4 homeless townie families moved in with kids, teens, one parent.   Just make sure to visit the parks occasionally and if you have active jobs (get to work) you could have someone join them to make the game generate some people to fill the positions.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1853 on: May 30, 2016, 12:19:20 PM »
There is a possible solution that I was allowed with my IDC. You need to PM the team.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1854 on: May 30, 2016, 12:40:35 PM »
This is actually why a lot of people include a pollinator because townies disappear and we're not allowed to move people in via the gallery per the rules.    One thing I've noticed is the more time you spend in certain neighborhoods the more likely they will get people in the houses. 

Do you have get together? Make sure there aren't clubs with ghosts.  Otherwise just wait.  My Gen 3 didn't seem to have any prospects for getting the social aspiration but then 4 homeless townie families moved in with kids, teens, one parent.   Just make sure to visit the parks occasionally and if you have active jobs (get to work) you could have someone join them to make the game generate some people to fill the positions.
Oh I do have get together and a lot of ghosts in clubs. Can I do something about that?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1855 on: May 30, 2016, 01:04:22 PM »
Would a mod that allowed same sex pregnancy be allowed as long as it didn't affect anything else? And would those children be eligible to be the heir?

@Meg

I'm not the team, but I can almost guarantee that it won't be allowed.  As far as I'm aware, no mods that affect gameplay are allowed for the Challenges or Dynasties.  At least, you wouldn't be HoF eligible.

@Meg
Shewolf13 is correct.  Any mods that affect gameplay are not allowed, we have a list of mods that are allowed listed here (which doesn't affect gameplay), http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22195.msg394381#msg394381

If you aren't aiming for HoF (Hall of Fame) status, then you are welcome to add any mods you wish. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1856 on: May 30, 2016, 01:06:32 PM »

Oh I do have get together and a lot of ghosts in clubs. Can I do something about that?

Join the clubs, take over as leader and disband them.  That's what I do with my founder on the regular.  I had him complete the free for all club aspiration which means he can take over as leader sooner.  This seemed to help mine quite a bit.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1857 on: May 30, 2016, 01:08:41 PM »

Join the clubs, take over as leader and disband them.  That's what I do with my founder on the regular.  I had him complete the free for all club aspiration which means he can take over as leader sooner.  This seemed to help mine quite a bit.
Ah yeah that works. Actually the second heir completed that one as well, so I can use her to rid the clubs of ghosts :-) I hope that will help with filling up the town

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1858 on: May 30, 2016, 01:09:13 PM »
@MissZoef
I sent you a PM with a workaround solution for your empty towns.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1859 on: May 30, 2016, 01:09:34 PM »
@MissZoef
I sent you a PM with a workaround solution for your empty towns.
Oh thanks!