Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697833 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2070 on: October 05, 2016, 01:22:54 PM »
Are we able to use the sugar skull collection for one of the immortal's museum items, and if so, would the final skull also count as one?

Yes and yes.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #2071 on: October 08, 2016, 07:09:12 AM »
EDITED TO ADD QUESTION:  My towns do not seem to be repopulating at all.  Pretty much everyone is dead.  Oasis Springs is totally empty and the other towns are pretty empty as well.  Just about 8 households total most with single Sims in them.  Is there anything I can legally do to repopulate?  My pollinator has been busy but there is a dearth of females and once he's done his job the kids would all be related.
You are allowed to add EA created sims and/or sims that are created from scratch so they won't have any skills/advantages.  Please do not use gallery sims created by other players because those sims sometimes comes with too many hidden stuff that will cause unfair advantages.

[/quote]
Is this ruling for everyone?  I don't like using pollinators at all...so could I just do this instead?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2072 on: October 08, 2016, 01:45:59 PM »
You are allowed to add EA created sims and/or sims that are created from scratch so they won't have any skills/advantages.  Please do not use gallery sims created by other players because those sims sometimes comes with too many hidden stuff that will cause unfair advantages.

Thank you.  This will help a lot.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2073 on: October 08, 2016, 08:27:41 PM »
Is this ruling for everyone?  I don't like using pollinators at all...so could I just do this instead?

Yes.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2074 on: October 08, 2016, 10:22:02 PM »
Are we able to use the sugar skull collection for one of the immortal's museum items, and if so, would the final skull also count as one?
I do not have the xpac, let me check with other team members and get back to you with the answer. 

EDITED TO ADD QUESTION:  My towns do not seem to be repopulating at all.  Pretty much everyone is dead.  Oasis Springs is totally empty and the other towns are pretty empty as well.  Just about 8 households total most with single Sims in them.  Is there anything I can legally do to repopulate?  My pollinator has been busy but there is a dearth of females and once he's done his job the kids would all be related.

When was this rule changed? Last I looked adding sims or using manage world etc was banned!!

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2075 on: October 09, 2016, 10:41:57 AM »
When was this rule changed? Last I looked adding sims or using manage world etc was banned!!

I am changing it right now as we speak.  I just needed some help on wordings from the team because English is not my first language.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2076 on: October 09, 2016, 10:48:16 AM »
RULES UPDATE:

The Manage Worlds screen is off limits unless you need to evict ghosts from households. If your world needs re-populating, you are allowed to add EA created Sims and/or Sims with a blank slate - no rewards/skills, etc. Gallery Sims from other players are not allowed.

Important:  You can add sims only if your world needs re-populating, if your world is fine with plenty of NPCs then you are not allowed to add anyone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2077 on: October 09, 2016, 02:45:05 PM »
Thank you, Nutella.  I have never seen an empty world before this so it was pretty scary.  Right now my twins are about to become adults, yet all the kids they grew up with in their clubs are becoming elders.  I have aging on for townies, is that correct?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2078 on: October 09, 2016, 04:49:51 PM »
Yes aging on is correct.  There is just more and more bugs / problems with population so the team decided to change the rule and allowed players to add townies.  We understand that not everyone likes pollinator idea.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2079 on: October 09, 2016, 05:09:54 PM »
@Nutella changing that rule makes the dynasty challenge much easier though. It basically negates the need for pollination. Not that my view counts as much but I really don't like that change.  :-\  There are so many ways to 'force' the game to spawn new NPC's that this rule change isn't necessary. Call me old school.. but this makes the dynasty challenge seem like a brand new challenge seeing as it is so easy to just download some new sims, where's the challenge in that?

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2080 on: October 10, 2016, 08:12:27 AM »
Revised Gender Change Rule:

Gender changes: You're allowed to do any gender and/or gender customization change once during the teen or young adult stage.

What does this means?
-- Cosmetic changes are not consider gender changes.  No restriction, free to do as you wish.
-- Male to Female or Female to Male is consider gender change.  Follow the rules and only allowed to change once during TEEN or YA stage.
-- Male pregnancy (checkmark box to allow pregnancy) is consider gender customization.  It is allowed but need to follow rules, change once during TEEN or YA stage.  You are not allowed to change mind, meaning checkmark the box then later un-checkmark the box for no pregnancy.

Digging up an old post because I want to be sure:

In same sex couples, my heir who is a woman might like another woman. They can have children together as long as one of them is changed to 'can get other sims pregnant' before transitioning to adult, and I can't afterwards change it back to 'can get pregnant.' Even if that's all I change in custom gender settings, that counts as a gender change.

Vise-versa applies to men. One of them can be changed once to 'can get pregnant' and this sim cannot be changed back. The change must happen before the sim becomes an adult, and this counts as one gender change.

Are there restrictions on which sim can be changed? As in, should we avoid customising the gender settings of our Immortals, opting instead to fiddle with the gender settings of the mere mortal spouses if at all possible?

Apologies, I haven't played a Dynasty since these new options came out. (No pun intended).
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2081 on: October 10, 2016, 12:21:50 PM »
@Whirligig: Hello!

Yes, your scenarios count as a change, though you seemed pretty sure on that. :)

There's no rule as to who can be changed, only on when and how many times. So it's up to you!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2082 on: October 10, 2016, 02:23:55 PM »
@Nutella changing that rule makes the dynasty challenge much easier though. It basically negates the need for pollination. Not that my view counts as much but I really don't like that change.  :-\  There are so many ways to 'force' the game to spawn new NPC's that this rule change isn't necessary. Call me old school.. but this makes the dynasty challenge seem like a brand new challenge seeing as it is so easy to just download some new sims, where's the challenge in that?

Not really.  In my case, Don Lothario, a well known pollinator, had several children, all of whom were/are housed.  However, that did not prevent all the people in Oasis Springs from dying off leaving the entire town empty and the same in Windenberg with only two houses still populated with Don's offspring and no one else.  Since siblings can't marry, that could quickly end a dynasty with no possible spouses available for heirs.  Yes, there are other ploys you can use such as beginning to adopt and then cancelling the adoption before it's filled, (put's children in the world), and joining different jobs, getting to know all the employees, which puts them in the worlds, but they are homeless and so open for culling.  The object of adding Sims with no special skills etc. is to put them in houses to help with the culling issue,  and then just let them do whatever they do, and therefor keep the towns populated.  Of course, the best case scenario is for EA to fix the broken population problem and actually fill empty houses.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2083 on: October 10, 2016, 03:36:37 PM »

Not really.  In my case, Don Lothario, a well known pollinator, had several children, all of whom were/are housed.  However, that did not prevent all the people in Oasis Springs from dying off leaving the entire town empty and the same in Windenberg with only two houses still populated with Don's offspring and no one else.  Since siblings can't marry, that could quickly end a dynasty with no possible spouses available for heirs.  Yes, there are other ploys you can use such as beginning to adopt and then cancelling the adoption before it's filled, (put's children in the world), and joining different jobs, getting to know all the employees, which puts them in the worlds, but they are homeless and so open for culling.  The object of adding Sims with no special skills etc. is to put them in houses to help with the culling issue,  and then just let them do whatever they do, and therefor keep the towns populated.  Of course, the best case scenario is for EA to fix the broken population problem and actually fill empty houses.

And let me throw in my two cents here, so everyone (not just you, @Playalot) can hear it from the horse's mouth — Dynasties and the Tournament challenges are two different animals. I mention this because the team never creates Dynasties with "hard" in mind. Yes, they are not designed to be a cakewalk, but it's more about simply sticking with something long term and completing very doable requirements if you can line up all your ducks in a row. Tournament challenges are harder and short term. They need to be given they are tied to a world ranking. The team does their absolute best to make sure every player playing a Tournament challenge plays under the same conditions throughout the 3 or 6 weeks of the event.

As expansions are added and time goes on Dynasty rule sets can and will change. The overriding feel of Dynasties is to provide a long term relatively challenging experience for a player, but that experience is going to be slightly different for player B who is tackling a Dynasty today compared to player A who first tried the same Dynasty two years ago. I've been grinding away at Sims games for almost 15 years now and they always get easier via rewards, new traits, etc that are added after the base game is released.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2084 on: October 10, 2016, 04:46:16 PM »
That's cool @Metropolis Man we can agree to disagree. For me the dynasty should always be difficult and sustain a level of difficulty etc etc. I understand that the team have a different vision.  :) For me the ability to add sims makes the challenge way too easy and that's fine as I can continue to not use the new rule change as I play anyway.

@Joria I hear you and know what you are saying however to snag a spouse your sim only needs to met them once so being housed makes no difference really. It's easy enough to get to a level of friendship where your sim can invite the new sim into the household and so have them protected from cullling in the space of one sim afternoon.

I too had an empty world in my 1st dynasty and while it ruined the sense of enjoyment for me it didn't really effect my ability to complete all the rules. I wouldn't hold your breath for the devs to change the game mechanics of housing new sims as they feel that it is working as intended.  ::)

anything