Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 897881 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1545 on: February 23, 2013, 10:19:35 PM »
I don't see why it wouldn't. It's a reward from the career, isn't it? If yes, then that fulfills the requirement of "career reward."

No different than cops getting a car, or cooks getting a blender/fridge.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1546 on: February 23, 2013, 10:42:06 PM »
Are you talking about the thing they use to "experiment" on objects? If so, I thought that was from level 10 and that it wasn't an actual placeable object.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1547 on: February 23, 2013, 10:43:41 PM »
The science career doesn't get an object that would work or it would be on the list already.   Nothing the science career offers at this time can be used as a career reward.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1548 on: February 23, 2013, 11:29:10 PM »
How fast does handiness level up when a sim is inventing, could a sim concievably supermax inventing without maxing handiness or is it a lost cause?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1549 on: February 23, 2013, 11:37:23 PM »
How fast does handiness level up when a sim is inventing, could a sim concievably supermax inventing without maxing handiness or is it a lost cause?

Depends - if the inventor started inventing during childhood it's definitely doable.  My life states founder maxed handiness in an effort to get the 25k ribbon.  If you're lucky enough to get one of the other accolades before that one, or you don't do the inventing career - it may be possible. But you have to be really careful.  The sim being eccentric and not handy will help.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1550 on: February 24, 2013, 12:14:34 AM »
The science career doesn't get an object that would work or it would be on the list already.   Nothing the science career offers at this time can be used as a career reward.

Not even skill certificates?

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1551 on: February 24, 2013, 12:18:03 AM »
Not even skill certificates?
Skill certs aren't offered by careers.  They are earned as part of the career metrics.  I never said you couldn't do the science career.  I just said nothing it offers at this time could be a career reward. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1552 on: February 24, 2013, 02:14:55 AM »
I was just playing around in edit town in Hidden Springs tonight (all patched up and everything) and I noticed that the criminal building was now a no visitors allowed lot, the bookstore is considered a small park and the theater is now cosidered a hangout. I also looked under the list of things that you can change a lot to, and EA's removed some. Does this change any of the rules for any Dynasty, or am I way out of left field and nothing changed, I just never noticed what they were listed as?

Also, for the Life State's Dynasty it's any empty lot to start on, right?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1553 on: February 24, 2013, 09:52:43 AM »
I was just playing around in edit town in Hidden Springs tonight (all patched up and everything) and I noticed that the criminal building was now a no visitors allowed lot, the bookstore is considered a small park and the theater is now cosidered a hangout. I also looked under the list of things that you can change a lot to, and EA's removed some. Does this change any of the rules for any Dynasty, or am I way out of left field and nothing changed, I just never noticed what they were listed as?

Also, for the Life State's Dynasty it's any empty lot to start on, right?

Remember Hidden Springs has serious routing issues that can develop over time so I wish you luck.  The lag killed it for me by the time Gen 2 was a teenager.   Career buildings have always been no visitors allowed.   And some of the others it varies from town to town.   That's why you see people at the theatre (it's a hangout).   However because it has rabbit holes, they don't get a designation in the game as the individual lot.     Rabbit holes make the property they sit on unable to be touched.    As for the list you can change lots to, I'll look into that today. 

Life States Dynasty - any empty lot that will give you at least 7000 remaining and then change the money to give yourself 7000.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1554 on: February 24, 2013, 10:13:13 AM »
If a heir has 'multiple' life states (e.g a vampire ghost)...

1) Do they count as an heir?
2) If yes, can they eat Ambrosia at the childhood stage or do they have to be ghost forever?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1555 on: February 24, 2013, 10:23:21 AM »
1. They're an heir as long as one of their life states is different from everyone else's (so if you have a vampire already, and then you get a vampire ghost, the vampire ghost can be an heir).

2. I remember Rica ruling this as okay as long as all their requirements are met, and if their unique life state doesn't depend on their ghostliness. If I'm misunderstanding things, please correct me.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1556 on: February 24, 2013, 10:27:15 AM »
Thanks  :)
I was hoping I wouldn't have to put up with having another ghost because they don't walk very fast (Monte Vista and ghosts just don't mix!) but I suppose I'll just have to put up with it.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1557 on: February 24, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »
Thanks  :)
I was hoping I wouldn't have to put up with having another ghost because they don't walk very fast (Monte Vista and ghosts just don't mix!) but I suppose I'll just have to put up with it.

Ambrosia is a life extending option - therefore it cannot be done until ALL requirements are done.   That means when they get done everything not just the current life stage's requirements. 

If you have a vampire ghost and you needed a vampire then the life state is counted as vampire.  If you got a vampire ghost and what you needed was the ghost - then you count the type of ghost it is.  Ghost is not a life state.   Thirst ghost is a life state.  Haunting ghost is a life state.  Starvation ghost is a life state.   So if you have two ghosts that are the same as well as two vampires then you need a new heir.

jsiberian

« Reply #1558 on: February 24, 2013, 03:15:07 PM »
I'm a little bit confused right now. Just a little bit.

So aliens are a qualifying life state, as per the rules, but the rules also specify that aliens born from an alien pregnancy must be returned to the homeworld. So does that mean the sim would have to marry an alien and have sim-alien hybrids in order for the heir to qualify as an "alien"?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1559 on: February 24, 2013, 03:22:22 PM »
So does that mean the sim would have to marry an alien and have sim-alien hybrids in order for the heir to qualify as an "alien"?

Exactly. Their alien powers manifest themselves at the teen stage (I think; clearly, I need to play an alien!), so you would have to wait to see if your alien hybrid qualifies as an alien or not.

anything