Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 907840 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #825 on: October 25, 2012, 07:24:19 PM »
This is fantastic! I have been experiencing great frustration regarding all those big empty lots in Moonlight Falls that I could do nothing about. Question: Since the rules have changed regarding this, can we make those changes in Edit Town now to an established dynasty?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #826 on: October 25, 2012, 08:12:25 PM »
So this is probably a total noob question but here goes. My founder reached level 10 in the medical career and still hasn't received any of the reward items for doing so almost a week later. So, anyone know what's going on? Those items are literally the only thing standing between my founder and cute vamp-fairy babies.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #827 on: October 25, 2012, 08:15:05 PM »
Have you received a notice about a celebration at City Hall in your honour? I think that is connected.

By samoht04

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #828 on: October 25, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »
I've been checking the mail several times a day and no dice. Is it in the newspaper? Cause I don't usually read those.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #829 on: October 25, 2012, 08:31:46 PM »
I've heard getting the Key to the City is sometimes broken and I can't remember if it had to do with town or not but there are other rewards for doing things as a doctor.

According to the Prima Guide, you can receive:
Complete 3 inoculation jobs = Medical Trophy of Honor
Complete 10 Building Emergencies = Medical Trophy of Valor
Diagnose 40 Sims = Medal of Mending
Help 10 Sims in "Local Emergencies" = Tending Trinket
Reach Level 10 = Key to the City
Complete 5 Free Health Clinics at Level 10 = Skeletal Endowment

I know for a fact about the skeleton, 10 buildings and 40 sims but I'm not sure about the others.   As for the notification you will receive, it will come as one of the in game messages in the top right corner of your screen.  Then you'll have to send your Sim to City Hall.   I don't know what happens if you miss it though.

This is fantastic! I have been experiencing great frustration regarding all those big empty lots in Moonlight Falls that I could do nothing about. Question: Since the rules have changed regarding this, can we make those changes in Edit Town now to an established dynasty?

I'm on the fence about how to answer this which means I'm going to defer to Metro's wisdom.  I'm sure he'll check the thread by the morning and give his final answer.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #830 on: October 25, 2012, 08:38:29 PM »
Gah, if that's the case, count me out. I'm done with this particular founder. I'm in week 9 and haven't gotten anywhere. Thanks for letting me know.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #831 on: October 25, 2012, 08:43:16 PM »
Gah, if that's the case, count me out. I'm done with this particular founder. I'm in week 9 and haven't gotten anywhere. Thanks for letting me know.

Actually according to a thread on our forums that I was able to find via google, it seems that there are times when it takes a while to get the key.  Some people had luck the next day and some people had to wait a long time.    I'm sorry that you're having trouble and good luck in the restart!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #832 on: October 25, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »

Yes, I feel that is only fair given that we changed the rules after you started. Make it a one shot deal just as players are allowed before they begin -- i.e. one Edit Town session and that's it.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #833 on: October 25, 2012, 09:27:51 PM »
Does this also apply to the Immortal Dynasty?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #834 on: October 25, 2012, 09:28:21 PM »
Does this also apply to the Immortal Dynasty?

Yes I'll make the note.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #835 on: October 25, 2012, 10:09:27 PM »
Yes, I feel that is only fair given that we changed the rules after you started. Make it a one shot deal just as players are allowed before they begin -- i.e. one Edit Town session and that's it.

Right, that's kind of how I felt. Okay cool! I am way excited! Thank you.

By samoht04

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #836 on: October 26, 2012, 03:13:35 AM »
My Sim's spouse just received two wishes to max the Law Enforcement Career, both more than 5,000. One was to reach Level 10 and the other was to reach the top.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #837 on: October 26, 2012, 12:35:35 PM »
I've heard getting the Key to the City is sometimes broken and I can't remember if it had to do with town or not but there are other rewards for doing things as a doctor.

According to the Prima Guide, you can receive:
Complete 3 inoculation jobs = Medical Trophy of Honor
Complete 10 Building Emergencies = Medical Trophy of Valor
Diagnose 40 Sims = Medal of Mending
Help 10 Sims in "Local Emergencies" = Tending Trinket
Reach Level 10 = Key to the City
Complete 5 Free Health Clinics at Level 10 = Skeletal Endowment

I know for a fact about the skeleton, 10 buildings and 40 sims but I'm not sure about the others.   As for the notification you will receive, it will come as one of the in game messages in the top right corner of your screen.  Then you'll have to send your Sim to City Hall.   I don't know what happens if you miss it though.

My doctor did recieve the trophy after the three innoculation clinics. He recieved the noticed via a pop-up.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #838 on: October 26, 2012, 03:47:34 PM »
My Sim's spouse just received two wishes to max the Law Enforcement Career, both more than 5,000. One was to reach Level 10 and the other was to reach the top.

I was concerned about this too, but I found out that its ok to go ahead and let him have them. Spouses and spares are free of the restrictions on wishes and skills. Nothing they max will hinder your Heirs in any way, and their wishes do not count against the heirs. So your Sim's spouse can complete both of those wishes, and they are still free for one of your heirs to complete.   
Jaymi

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #839 on: October 26, 2012, 05:06:24 PM »
I was concerned about this too, but I found out that its ok to go ahead and let him have them. Spouses and spares are free of the restrictions on wishes and skills. Nothing they max will hinder your Heirs in any way, and their wishes do not count against the heirs. So your Sim's spouse can complete both of those wishes, and they are still free for one of your heirs to complete.

Or maybe Gogo wasn't concerned and just wanted to tell us that the Law Enforchement Career has two 5000+ wishes at the end ;)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

anything