Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971886 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #885 on: September 25, 2010, 01:41:06 AM »
Yes they were sculpted by a sim who had completed 25 so they won't melt. This is like the glitch where sometimes the sculptures come out as a disc. When you view them they say they are an ice sim but they are just the base disc. But these ones were true ice sims when they were sculpted and placed in the museum.
Here you can see Jackson's adult and elder portraits and 'sculptures' and on the lower side there is Nicholas' child and teen 'sculptures

I've tried moving them in and out of the family inventory to see if that does anything, but it didn't  :(

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #886 on: September 25, 2010, 02:12:28 AM »
I've tried moving them in and out of the family inventory to see if that does anything, but it didn't  :(

Have you tried restarting the game?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #887 on: September 25, 2010, 02:37:49 AM »
Umm, feel a little silly for not trying that. It worked, I have proper sculptures again.

Thanks Pam
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #888 on: September 25, 2010, 03:07:51 PM »
I swear I am CURSED!  Someone in Sims heaven hates me.  Yesterday Justin found out the love of his life who he met at his birthday party turned elder!  Ok, one romance down the tubes, moving on.  He searched and searched and the best he could come up with was Aurora Shallow, a teenager.  So, he had time and waited, meanwhile making her his best friend.  The day she turned YA he proposed and she accepted.  All good, right?  I have always done private wedding but I really wanted a pretty, formal, bride in white wedding.  Getting everyone at the right place, at the right time, and in the right clothes was a challenge I doubt I'll ever willingly repeat.  So, they get happily married, happily try for baby, (the party was a HUGE success for once), and I go to save.  ERROR 12!!  arrrrrrgggghhhhhh!   Considering it was now four a.m. I decided to bag it and let whatever happens, happen.  I've yet to go back in.  Fortunately I saved just after I set up all the decorations for the party and before the wedding.  Private wedding it will be!  Oh, FYI, Aurora has wonderful traits and is very pretty.  She is good, natural cook, dramatic, neurotic, and light sleeper.  Ok, last three not so great but she wants to become a 5 star chef so it works just fine, especially considering the family she's marrying into!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #889 on: September 25, 2010, 03:39:18 PM »
Oh geez!  That's so frustrating Joria!  Last night I had something similar happen, and I haven't gone back into my saved game yet to see how much time I lost.  Hopefully not a lot!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #890 on: September 26, 2010, 05:24:36 AM »
I lost that entire day of play, which is several Sim days.  When I went back in the closest was after he had barely turned into a YA.  Like, 3 days into it.  It's ok though, I just carried on and was grateful I had at least saved that far!  So now Aurora is a bit different it seems.  Not quite as anxious to be his friend let alone his love interest.  We'll see what happens.  Meanwhile, HE's in no rush.  After all, he'll be immortal, and being a male it doesn't matter if he's an elder he can still produce the next heir.  So he's maxed out one skill toward his LTW of being a DaVinci and supermaxed the other and will now start on my least favorite, inventing.
He's getting BFF's but one by one they are aging up faster than he is and turning into elders.  Of course, they were older to begin with.  His high school friends are still around his age.    He's got his building and property and done several Black Ops, too many to remember them all.
Gee, I guess I'd best chose his 3 unique LTR.  Oh, wait, he has one.  Something about artisan crafting.  So, two more to go.  He has a lot of points so far so it won't be a problem at all.

I suppose I really should go ahead and start writing the story as it's progressed.  Today there was a very surprising event.  I'll write it out in the story thread tomorrow.  Got to get some sleep or I'm in BIG trouble with the dh.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #891 on: September 26, 2010, 05:29:14 AM »
@Joria:

You need to check your private messages.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #892 on: September 26, 2010, 09:48:37 AM »
I recently started this challenge with a male sim and it has been going really well since he married Morgana Wolff who is unskilled but artistic and turned out to have a lot of money.

I made the rather odd choice of starting with the charisma skill combined with the 20 friend goal since it’s the only LTW I know is possible to complete in just a few days so assuming that the moodlet manager is allowed they could then get one of those really fast. After the charisma challenges he will also be able befriend other sims just by saying hello which could be useful for stopping a selected family from randomly moving out.

Just one question to make sure I understood this correctly: Say my first immortal maxes out an additional skill after their supermax skill, could another immortal also max that skill if no one ever uses that as their supermax skill?

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #893 on: September 26, 2010, 09:58:01 AM »
Just one question to make sure I understood this correctly: Say my first immortal maxes out an additional skill after their supermax skill, could another immortal also max that skill if no one ever uses that as their supermax skill?

Yes, as long as no other immortal has it as a supermax you are fine. For example, all immortals could reach level 10 in handiness, providing they all have another skill as their supermax.

Norma

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #894 on: September 26, 2010, 09:58:12 AM »

The supermax skills can only be maxed by one sim, so there will be 8 supermax skills by the time you're done.  This leaves 7 other skills that can be maxed by any and all of the immortals.  So if I'm understanding your question correctly, I believe the answer is yes.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #895 on: September 26, 2010, 10:12:24 AM »
Wow two answers in so little time, what an effective forum! Thank you both, I think I know how it works now. I wanted to try making photography a skill that anyone can max since there is a bonus for first picture of something.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #896 on: September 26, 2010, 01:59:43 PM »
@Joria:

You need to check your private messages.  :)

Thank you Pam!  PM'd you back.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #897 on: September 27, 2010, 12:52:12 AM »
I'm just wondering, is anyone else making use of digital picture frames for the photographs?  It just occurred to me to use them so those panoramic shots will use less space.  In my museum I've got one of the largest frames for each Immortal, that way any size picture will fit in it.  It doesn't look quite as impressive as all the pictures hanging up individually, but it's great for having more room for other paintings and such.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #898 on: September 27, 2010, 01:00:32 AM »
I've started using the digital frames.  I've got many pictures in one frame set to do the slide show and it's great!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #899 on: September 27, 2010, 01:01:25 AM »
Yeah, I've never used the frames much until this challenge, and they're actually pretty useful!

anything