Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942033 times)

xsansara

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #900 on: September 27, 2010, 04:10:24 AM »
I am sorry if this has come up before, but I is it allowed to re-marry after the next generation has been born?

I am asking this, because I plan to have the second-generation super-max Painting and the third super-max sculpting.
However, it might be too little time to teach the second spouse both after the first spouse has died, so I had the idea of splitting it up to two Sims: the new wife of the Founder and the new husband of the second Sim. I just wanted to check, if that is okay with the rules.

steelviper266

« Reply #901 on: September 27, 2010, 04:33:51 AM »
How can I purchase building/property with different ownerships?
Marry?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #902 on: September 27, 2010, 05:37:05 AM »
You can purchase real estate through the computer now.  As for getting a spouse, find a suitable sim that meets with your approval and have your Founder marry them.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #903 on: September 27, 2010, 07:38:39 AM »
I am sorry if this has come up before, but I is it allowed to re-marry after the next generation has been born?

I am asking this, because I plan to have the second-generation super-max Painting and the third super-max sculpting.
However, it might be too little time to teach the second spouse both after the first spouse has died, so I had the idea of splitting it up to two Sims: the new wife of the Founder and the new husband of the second Sim. I just wanted to check, if that is okay with the rules.

Having your Founder re-marry is not connected with the 2nd generation being born. It would only be allowed after the Founder's spouse died. But, to answer your question, yes, you can do that. I did that in my own Dynasty.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #904 on: September 27, 2010, 02:24:37 PM »
My Dynasty has just joined the group of those who have been "blessed" with multiple births without doing anything to cause it.  And in my case, it is definitely not wanted.  With Generation 5 just born, the house is now full.  Gen 3's husband is old and probably won't live much longer, but the twins' mother will have to die before the immortal twin can marry and have a child, and she has just turned Young Adult herself.  If she lives as long as Christopher Steel in Pam's game, my Gen 5 will be old and grey before he can reproduce.  Fortunately he's male, so that won't be a Dynasty-breaker, but if the twins were female, I'd be feeling worried. 

I'm wondering if consideration needs to be given to allowing a second child or older spouse to be moved out in the event of unexpected multiple births.  As I said, it won't be a problem for me, but if it happened in a later generation or with female children, it definitely could be.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #905 on: September 27, 2010, 02:42:34 PM »
I'm wondering if consideration needs to be given to allowing a second child or older spouse to be moved out in the event of unexpected multiple births.  As I said, it won't be a problem for me, but if it happened in a later generation or with female children, it definitely could be.

Yeah, with gen #7 it would be a true game-breaker and I'd certainly be willing to extend a little slack and have the extra child move out. Aside from that, I'm not sure. Moving out a spouse and not letting them die naturally really goes against the rules.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #906 on: September 27, 2010, 04:15:51 PM »
I'm just wondering, is anyone else making use of digital picture frames for the photographs?  It just occurred to me to use them so those panoramic shots will use less space.  In my museum I've got one of the largest frames for each Immortal, that way any size picture will fit in it.  It doesn't look quite as impressive as all the pictures hanging up individually, but it's great for having more room for other paintings and such.

I have yet to be able to figure out how to get larger size photos and portrait paintings. All my photos are small, (but not done with the best camera), and all my portraits are medium size.  If I use the digital frames will it make the photos bigger?  And how do you get bigger portraits?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #907 on: September 27, 2010, 04:19:22 PM »
I have yet to be able to figure out how to get larger size photos and portrait paintings. All my photos are small, (but not done with the best camera), and all my portraits are medium size.  If I use the digital frames will it make the photos bigger?  And how do you get bigger portraits?

When the capture screen comes up, press the I button.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #908 on: September 27, 2010, 04:29:19 PM »

With the camera, you have to gain some levels in Photography skill before you can change the sizes of the photos.  Also, I don't think the cheapest camera will change sizes at all.  When you get the image in the camera, press I to change the size and press F to change the filter setting.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #909 on: September 27, 2010, 10:01:38 PM »
With the camera, you have to gain some levels in Photography skill before you can change the sizes of the photos.  Also, I don't think the cheapest camera will change sizes at all.  When you get the image in the camera, press I to change the size and press F to change the filter setting.

Ok, it's probably lack of skill level then as I was pressing I and nothing happened.

I just had the funniest thing happen.  Let's put it this way, "if the tent is a-rockin', don't you be knockin'".  lol  Set up a tent and whoo hoo in it and watch what happens.  It is so funny.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #910 on: September 28, 2010, 01:40:59 AM »
And how do you get bigger portraits?

Same as with the camera. Before you click c to select the subject, hit I to change the size.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #911 on: September 28, 2010, 03:17:38 AM »
I have the same problem as twinmum had on page 90, only even after 3rd restart all ice sculptures (Sim and goblin) are just empty expensive discs. Luckily when sculpting, I put all available sculptures on lot for easier value check and when time come I name them and put them in museum and the rest goes to inventory, so it is not a game breaker since all immortal statues are safe in museum, but I lost all those goblins I had. Anyway, don't put your Sim's ice sculptures in household inventory, rather in second or third floor basement, or somewhere on the lot. ;)

EDIT: discs are worth 0$ now, I lost a lot of money with this and have to delay decorating this huge house I built because of this >:(

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #912 on: September 28, 2010, 02:05:33 PM »
Wow, this is very bad, Anushka.  I'm sorry to hear it.

Does anyone have any other experiences of glitches in Shang Simla?  I took my family there yesterday and at first everything seemed ok.  After their first night there they were unable to have personal interactions with one another.  Remember I mentioned the tent thing?  What happened was I wanted my heir to get his wife pregnant.  They simply would jump away from one another.  A literal hop and rotate.  I couldn't get them to kiss or anything.  However, once I directed them to rest in the tent and clicked on one of them the option to try for baby came up.  I clicked it and had the humorous tent rocking, leaping and twirling thing happen.  Later on, they could not talk to other members of the family except from a distance, like at the dinner table.  But no face to face interactions.  When they went to do a challenge with a local, again, they could not talk with them but would hop away.  I had not saved while in Shang Simla so I exited the game entirely, did a hard boot and came back in to the save I made just before they left.  So far it's ok but I sure am leery of ever going back to Shang Simla.  I DO think I'd like to try another destination to see if the same kind of thing happens.  I have never had this kind of problem with travel before, or any of the other problems mentioned, (unknown marriages and children appearing).  I wonder if BB had anything to do with this.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #913 on: September 28, 2010, 02:16:21 PM »
Joria, I've never had that particular problem, but I do remember reading somewhere in this forum about someone else having a problem like that.  My feeling about these travel bugs is that there are so many of them at this point, I really don't think my Dynasty will be leaving home for the remaining generations.  I've just done too much work getting them to this point to want to risk it all.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #914 on: September 28, 2010, 02:18:27 PM »
Thanks to Telsey's post in the Building section, I finally know how to use the Castle Building Set I bought from the Sims 3 store ages ago.  Problem is, it requires use of the Moveobjectson cheat - there is no other way to use this set.  I'd really, really, like my Dynasty to have at least a little castle.  Can we please have an exception to the No Cheats rule in this instance?  Pretty please?  I'm begging, here!

Edit:  One more question.  I know we can't move or bring in prebuilt houses, but can we tear down a house or part of a house to build something new?

anything