Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2975760 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #975 on: October 02, 2010, 06:14:30 AM »
Oh my word! I've been playing a second dynasty in Barnacle Bay. I've been writing up the story, but haven't posted it yet because I wasn't sure how it was going to go. I thought I'd see if I could get to gen three and then post it (in installments of course) Anyway, I gave my founder fertility treatment as a reward because I thought it might be cool to have twins. Well Nadine just gave birth to Prue, Penny and Pris! This dynasty just got a lot harder I think lol.

Pam, the PlaceFriezes cheat is used a lot in premade houses in Twinbrook (I think it may have been introduced in Ambitions, but I could be wrong)
You can see here how it adds a bit of height to walls. I haven't used it yet myself, but I could see it used on top of a garage that is separate from a house built on a foundation but still having one roof across from the house to the garage. The frieze would make the top of the garage the same height as the house (I think)

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #976 on: October 02, 2010, 06:17:43 AM »
Let's see what Metro has to say about saving before travel and going back to that save if problems arise.  For me, the combination of all the bugs together completely demolished my game, so going back to a previous save was ok.  But if just the family tree gets bugged, I don't know if that's enough to allow going back to before the trip because, technically, it's not a game breaker.  Ever since my major problems, I've been sure to travel only with married Sims and I haven't had anything happen.  I also don't allow any contact with the locals other than the required interaction for purchases and adventures.  But I certainly understand your hesitation.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #977 on: October 02, 2010, 06:24:05 AM »
It doesn't matter about the traveling.  I do love it though, but I can do without it for now.  I have plenty of other games that I can play if I want to travel.  With that bug being so trivial, that is why I have not saved and traveled, be my luck it was not allowed and then I had done all that work.  You are right, it is not a game breaker and if it did happen again, I would continue this time, since I am getting ready for number 5 generation.  Way too much work to quit over something like that again. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #978 on: October 02, 2010, 07:27:37 AM »
The PlaceFriezes on/off cheat was included with the Ambitions expansion pack, or the patch that came with it. I'm not really sure.
It only adds foundations above the foundation or flooring. I've seen many videos that feature a "foundation" roof and its really cool. Nothing harmful to the gameplay. Just decoration and stuff.

Yes, whenever you get around to starting this challenge, you're welcome to use the PlaceFriezes cheat.

Welcome to the forum.  :)

Let's see what Metro has to say about saving before travel and going back to that save if problems arise.  For me, the combination of all the bugs together completely demolished my game, so going back to a previous save was ok.  But if just the family tree gets bugged, I don't know if that's enough to allow going back to before the trip because, technically, it's not a game breaker.  Ever since my major problems, I've been sure to travel only with married Sims and I haven't had anything happen.  I also don't allow any contact with the locals other than the required interaction for purchases and adventures.  But I certainly understand your hesitation.

I'm in total agreement, Pam. There needs to be a game-breaker involved for me to sign off on someone restarting from a previous save. And I've always been willing to do that.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #979 on: October 02, 2010, 07:43:59 AM »
I totally agree Metro.  Like I said, I don't think just because you might get your family tree messed up is really a reason to save and then try to travel and then if something happens, go back to a previous save, so that is why I have not done it.  I am having fun doing just what I am doing and I can travel anytime playing another game. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Choccolatee

« Reply #980 on: October 02, 2010, 07:47:33 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Choccolatee!  Your post and grammar is fine, so please don't fret over it.  :)

I've never heard of the PlaceFriezes on/off cheat.  But if it's just a building thing built into the game, I don't see why it would be a problem if Metro agrees.  We just don't want any cheats that would make the gameplay of the Dynasty invalid. 

Are you thinking of playing this challenge?

Yes, whenever you get around to starting this challenge, you're welcome to use the PlaceFriezes cheat.

Welcome to the forum.  :)

I'm in total agreement, Pam. There needs to be a game-breaker involved for me to sign off on someone restarting from a previous save. And I've always been willing to do that.

Thank you Pam & Metro! Right now, I'm planning out the SuperMax skills and the requirements with the immortals. It's really complicated.  :-\
And thanks for letting me use the PlaceFriezes cheat. I had such a good idea for my Dynasty house, and now that can be put in action.. soon. Today I was making a mini-version of my would-be Dynasty house and then my game crashed.  :(

I hope I quoted those posts correctly.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #981 on: October 02, 2010, 07:54:30 AM »
Thank you Pam & Metro! Right now, I'm planning out the SuperMax skills and the requirements with the immortals. It's really complicated.  :-\
And thanks for letting me use the PlaceFriezes cheat. I had such a good idea for my Dynasty house, and now that can be put in action.. soon. Today I was making a mini-version of my would-be Dynasty house and then my game crashed.  :(

I hope I quoted those posts correctly.

You did great. It does take a little finesse to put two different quotes in a Reply.

Good luck in your challenge. It is a little complicated, but A LOT of fun. A good notebook and Pam's spreadsheet will make all the difference for you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Choccolatee

« Reply #982 on: October 02, 2010, 07:59:29 AM »
You did great. It does take a little finesse to put two different quotes in a Reply.

Good luck in your challenge. It is a little complicated, but A LOT of fun. A good notebook and Pam's spreadsheet will make all the difference for you.

Thanks. I was like, "Hmm, I wonder where the quote button is.. "scrolls down". Oh there it is!"
Thanks also for the tips.  ;D Just need a good family name, and some time, and I'm good to go!
I'm planning to start this in the holidays, because the next ones are SIX weeks long and that'll be plenty of time to do the Challenge without extremely long pauses in between. Might start earlier, depending on how nice the teachers are in giving out homework, and when the yearlies are.

eucalypt111

« Reply #983 on: October 03, 2010, 01:28:46 AM »
Dear Metro,

In the dynasty challenge- is it ok to resurrect a ghost if he/she is the current husband/wife of a sim living in the dynasty lot?

I didn't see arule against it.

Cheers eucalypt

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #984 on: October 03, 2010, 01:46:19 AM »
@eucalypt111, I merged your topic with the Dynasty challenge topic since it was a direct question about the dynasty challenge.  Please make sure you post your questions in the correct topic in the future :) .

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #985 on: October 03, 2010, 01:52:24 AM »
In the dynasty challenge- is it ok to resurrect a ghost if he/she is the current husband/wife of a sim living in the dynasty lot?

I would wager no because there is no direct mention of ghosts in the Adding to Household section, but let's wait for Metro :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #986 on: October 03, 2010, 02:09:06 AM »
Dear Metro,

Cheers eucalypt

The answer is no because this falls under the category of extending the life of a mortal, which is not allowed.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #987 on: October 03, 2010, 05:45:03 AM »
Okay new plan.

Open Skills
- Painting, Athletic, Charisma, Photography, Nectar Making, Cooking, Inventing.

Max Skills and Careers.
1. Gardening - Gardener
2. Logic - Medical
3. Sculpting - Sculptor
4. Handiness - Military
5. Martial Arts - Business
6. Fishing - Fisherman
7. Guitar - Musician
8. Writing - Journalism

I think it is too much to expect the Founder to max out a skill other than the ones needed to make ambrosia, so I will start with a gardener, since Gardening is not a full time skill then I will throw in painting after she maxes cooking. Gen 2 as a Doctor is a good money maker and is easy to advance in from a toddler with the peg box etc. Gen 3 as a Sculptor will take away the need for spouses to Sculpt the Ice people. Handiness for gen 4 is mainly for the career of Astronaut. Martial arts for Gen 5 is for the Board Breaker and I chose business as it doesn't need skills really, Fishing is because I have started to like Fisher Sims, Guitar is going to be hard but it is easy to make friends with it! Writing is just a random last thing. I have left Charisma alone since it will help all the Sims to get their friends a bit easier, I hope. Athletic fits into a few too many categories so it is left for all. Painting and Photography are left for extras as is Inventing, Cooking is for the Founder.

I hope this strategy works, I am going to restart Diana as I don't think she will reach Immortal status, she hardly ever gets any Opportunities and has no friends, she still has to max cooking and she is almost an elder so I am worried.

Anything you might change or does it look like a good plan?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #988 on: October 03, 2010, 05:56:36 AM »
As long as you are not planing to start in Barnacle Bay, it looks good. With the absence of special seeds and no travel, gardening is not good for a founder in BB

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #989 on: October 03, 2010, 06:01:13 AM »
I don't have BB so I will be using SV.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything