Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942778 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1005 on: October 03, 2010, 12:04:12 PM »
I was not suggesting cheating I was asking if you could try for a girl again once a prior mortal died. But I am guessing that would not be allowed and it would be game over if the seventh generation turned out to be a boy.
I guess that is why this is the immortal dynasty challenge and not the make your own rules up as you go along game.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1006 on: October 03, 2010, 12:07:25 PM »
Yes, whenever you get around to starting this challenge, you're welcome to use the PlaceFriezes cheat.

Welcome to the forum.  :)

I'm in total agreement, Pam. There needs to be a game-breaker involved for me to sign off on someone restarting from a previous save. And I've always been willing to do that.

Well, for me it would have been a game breaker since I couldn't even LEAVE the country to go back home.  Everyone in my party was disassociated from everyone else.  Only one character was visible in my line up, the spouse of the founder.  Everyone else had disappeared entirely, as if they never existed and he was my only character, but I couldn't even send him back home.  My only choice was to end that game and go back to the save I did just before I left the country.  This happened with a party of four, both married couples.  I decided I needed to see if it was having two couples go.  So I went in again with only one couple.  Same response but only after I did one challenge and was starting challenge number two.  If this means it kills the dynasty for me then so be it. 

@Pam:  Pam, do you have Fast Lane installed?  I used to travel extensively before I installed FL and never had any problems that I noticed. 

EDIT:  Ok, I HAD to find out if it was me, or what.  I sent an old couple I had saved, (DaVinci challenge couple), to Shang Simla.  They got there fine, they did a challenge fine, (just one of them, the other sat and read), and they returned home fine.  So I once again sent a couple from my Dynasty.  Founder and spouse.  Day one went along smoothly.
When the founder went back to camp she prepared dinner, everyone ate and then they started to bounce off one another.  They had not talked to anyone except the person in charge of the challenge.  Once they started bouncing and getting very independent, I checked on the family tree.  Sure enough no one was there in either the family tree, (which showed the founder as a ghost), or in her list of acquaintances.
Everyone disappeared from her list EXCEPT the man who she had talked to about the challenge.  My conclusion is it is something within my dynasty itself that is causing the mess and I have no clue what the difference would be.  Oh, and once again I could not use the telephone to go back home.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1007 on: October 03, 2010, 01:15:23 PM »
I was not suggesting cheating I was asking if you could try for a girl again once a prior mortal died. But I am guessing that would not be allowed and it would be game over if the seventh generation turned out to be a boy.

That's correct. The 7th generation immortal has to be a girl.

Tara Rosewood

« Reply #1008 on: October 03, 2010, 03:24:06 PM »
I've been lurking on this forum for ages (the guides are excellent resources!), but I had to join so I could post here and thank Metro and Pam for coming up with this great challenge! I've never played a Sims challenge before where there's a goal and set of rules, I've always just pottered around doing whatever I fancied at the time, and this has made The Sims a whole new game! So thank you for all your time and effort in creating the Immortal Dynasty Challenge!

My first Dynasty attempt was going fine until I traveled, and got what I call the Gilligan Glitch. I was able to send my Founder and Gen 2 home, but poor Christopher was left alone in China on day 4 of a 3 day trip ("a threeeee daaaaay cruuuuuise!"). I hadn't saved before traveling, so it was Game Over. Darn you, Gilligan!

However, during this first attempt I discovered that my Founder met all the requirements for Ambrosia before she became an Elder! Since I don't like playing Elders, I decided to play my own version of the challenge (the Forever Young Dynasty?) and require them to eat Ambrosia while still Adult! No Hall of Fame for me, but that frees me up to use buydebug to obtain the things I can't because of Gilligan. Maybe Maxis will one day fix some of the glitches that afflict my game, and I'll try following the official rules for a Hall of Fame game.  :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1009 on: October 03, 2010, 03:35:04 PM »
Hey, Tara — welcome to the forum. Maybe you can start up a story and document your progress. I'd like to learn more about how things are going in your Dynasty.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1010 on: October 03, 2010, 03:47:37 PM »

My first Dynasty attempt was going fine until I traveled, and got what I call the Gilligan Glitch. I was able to send my Founder and Gen 2 home, but poor Christopher was left alone in China on day 4 of a 3 day trip ("a threeeee daaaaay cruuuuuise!"). I hadn't saved before traveling, so it was Game Over. Darn you, Gilligan!

However, during this first attempt I discovered that my Founder met all the requirements for Ambrosia before she became an Elder! Since I don't like playing Elders, I decided to play my own version of the challenge (the Forever Young Dynasty?) and require them to eat Ambrosia while still Adult! No Hall of Fame for me, but that frees me up to use buydebug to obtain the things I can't because of Gilligan. Maybe Maxis will one day fix some of the glitches that afflict my game, and I'll try following the official rules for a Hall of Fame game.  :)

Gilligan glitch.  I love it!  *hums theme song*

I'm really interested in how you'll develop the Forever Young Dynasty.  That's a great twist on this thing!  Love it.

So, Metro, do I bag the dynasty or just keep playing it sans travel attempts?  I won't start an official one over again so it's this one or none for official attempts.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #1011 on: October 03, 2010, 07:24:06 PM »
Sorry, this doesn't belong in a dynasty thread, but I can sooo see a Gilligan's Castaways household living in Barnacle Bay! Gilligan, Skipper, MaryAnne, Ginger, and the Howles, perfect!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #1012 on: October 03, 2010, 11:54:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Tara!  Looks like you'll fit right in.  I'd love to hear more about your forever young Dynasty in the Stories section!  :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1013 on: October 05, 2010, 12:30:27 AM »
While fishing for death fish for the ambrosia, I noticed I wasn't getting a whole lot of fish.  So I kept track of when the death fish show up, why they show up, (required stuff), and if there is a limit.  They show up, in River View, after midnight, you must here the ghostly music first or they just aren't there, the water turns pinkish.  They leave in about an hour and a half and so far the limit seems to be 3 death fish per night.  Has anyone else tracked this anywhere else and if so what are your results?

Question:  Can you "stock" death fish in a family pond?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1014 on: October 05, 2010, 12:47:38 AM »
While fishing for death fish for the ambrosia, I noticed I wasn't getting a whole lot of fish.  So I kept track of when the death fish show up, why they show up, (required stuff), and if there is a limit.  They show up, in River View, after midnight, you must here the ghostly music first or they just aren't there, the water turns pinkish.  They leave in about an hour and a half and so far the limit seems to be 3 death fish per night.  Has anyone else tracked this anywhere else and if so what are your results?

Question:  Can you "stock" death fish in a family pond?

I don't recall having that problem with Deathfish in Riverview.  I know for sure in Sunset Valley that the Deathfish come out at midnight and stay until about 4:00 a.m.  I've gotten as many as 5 or 6 per night.  And, yes, you can stock death fish in a family pond.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

ladylaw1978

« Reply #1015 on: October 05, 2010, 01:01:59 AM »
Metro: The rules do not specifically prohibit a founder or heir from getting pregnant elsewhere does it? I mean, a baby can be the result of an affair and still stand to inherit as a first born if that mother is also the first born or founder of the dynasty right? A spouse is just convenient to get skills and money that the immortals are not able to get right? Look forward to your reply.

Thanks Pam for setting me in the right place.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1016 on: October 05, 2010, 01:12:46 AM »
Metro: The rules do not specifically prohibit a founder or heir from getting pregnant elsewhere does it? I mean, a baby can be the result of an affair and still stand to inherit as a first born if that mother is also the first born or founder of the dynasty right? A spouse is just convenient to get skills and money that the immortals are not able to get right? Look forward to your reply.

Thanks Pam for setting me in the right place.

According to the Immortal Dynasty rules, spouses must live in the Dynasty house until their death.  The only exception is generation 7, who must get pregnant outside the household because there won't be enough space to have a spouse and bring in the 8th generation.  All others must marry and move their spouse into the house.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1017 on: October 05, 2010, 01:27:40 AM »
I don't recall having that problem with Deathfish in Riverview.  I know for sure in Sunset Valley that the Deathfish come out at midnight and stay until about 4:00 a.m.  I've gotten as many as 5 or 6 per night.  And, yes, you can stock death fish in a family pond.

Thank you, Pam.  I'll keep tracking the stats in River View.  I know I used to get a lot of death fish in SV so was surprised at the paltry three per night, (two nights in a row), that I got in RV.

EDIT:  Six death fish this time around but the time you get to fish is about one hour, give or take a few minutes.  I hang around fishing until dawn arrives but the death fish all disappear after one-ish.  I think I'll time test the other maps as well.  Would be interesting to know if you really had a short window of time to catch them or not.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1018 on: October 05, 2010, 06:46:36 AM »
Thank you, Pam.  I'll keep tracking the stats in River View.  I know I used to get a lot of death fish in SV so was surprised at the paltry three per night, (two nights in a row), that I got in RV.

EDIT:  Six death fish this time around but the time you get to fish is about one hour, give or take a few minutes.  I hang around fishing until dawn arrives but the death fish all disappear after one-ish.  I think I'll time test the other maps as well.  Would be interesting to know if you really had a short window of time to catch them or not.

Ok, you're saying that the cloud over the water disappeared after only an hour?  And during that hour, you caught six Deathfish?  If that's the case, I think what happened is that you caught all the Deathfish that were available.  If it lets you fish for four hours, you'd catch 24 Deathfish during that time, which the game won't let you do.  So, I guess it's either you catch the max number of Deathfish (six) or the timer runs out at 4:00 a.m. or 5:00 a.m.  I don't remember exactly what time, but it will go away before dawn even if you haven't caught all the Deathfish.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1019 on: October 05, 2010, 06:52:14 AM »
You are correct Pam.  I know in SV it is 12 to 5,  I caught one at 4:55 one time.  My sim only caught 4, but, that was enough at the time and I was not using bait that time either.  That is plenty of time to catch all you need, especially if you have angel fish.  I have never fished for deathfish in TB and RV is the same time frame as SV.  ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?