Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697756 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #525 on: December 08, 2014, 03:25:46 PM »
I have a question: if your heir finhishes her childhood aspiration and gets the highest grades in school, does the heir have to have 10 museum items? or can she also have 8/9? I read that children's drawings are also allowed if you complete the childhood aspiration. I just discovered I only have 9 drawing. It saves me time to keep those and not let her spend time on other museum items. Can I do that?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #526 on: December 08, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »
I believe putting pieces in the museum are also a way of determining the final $ value of your dynasty,  but the only requirements are they have to be unique and you need 8 of them, so having 9 should be ok. Since you can't mix and match, the childhood drawings, which have very low $ value, would be the only value you can put in for that heir but the quantity of 9 should be ok. 

The only reason it's good to get the childhood aspiration done is it allows you to have more items in the museum for that heir.  So theoretically you could have 10 items, each of them valued in the hundreds or thousands of simoleons instead of 8.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #527 on: December 08, 2014, 04:31:38 PM »
I believe putting pieces in the museum are also a way of determining the final $ value of your dynasty,  but the only requirements are they have to be unique and you need 8 of them, so having 9 should be ok. Since you can't mix and match, the childhood drawings, which have very low $ value, would be the only value you can put in for that heir but the quantity of 9 should be ok. 

The only reason it's good to get the childhood aspiration done is it allows you to have more items in the museum for that heir.  So theoretically you could have 10 items, each of them valued in the hundreds or thousands of simoleons instead of 8.

I know I could get a lot of money for museum items if I wanted too, but I'm so busy completing everything else I do the easy ones :P. I found out I had some more drawings in my family inventory so I got 10 now. But they aren't worth a lot. The one with the highest value is 17 simoleons. Ah well. Finishing this dynasty is a real challenge already :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #528 on: December 08, 2014, 05:46:04 PM »
The items have to be done by that Immortal, though, as far as I'm aware.  So if those drawings in the family inventory were done by someone else, they don't count for that Immortal's museum total.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong of course, but that's how I interpreted the rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #529 on: December 08, 2014, 06:04:47 PM »
The items have to be done by that Immortal, though, as far as I'm aware.  So if those drawings in the family inventory were done by someone else, they don't count for that Immortal's museum total.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong of course, but that's how I interpreted the rules.

Correct. Each Heir is solely responsible for their own 8 museum items - no outside help.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #530 on: December 08, 2014, 06:08:01 PM »
Correct. Each Heir is solely responsible for their own 8 museum items - no outside help.

How far does this extend?  Does a sim have to run a flower from picking it off a wild flower all the way to excellent, or can they just harvest it?  what if they've tended the plant, but didn't originally plant it?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #531 on: December 08, 2014, 06:18:24 PM »
How far does this extend?  Does a sim have to run a flower from picking it off a wild flower all the way to excellent, or can they just harvest it?  what if they've tended the plant, but didn't originally plant it?

Each Heir is responsible for their museum items. 100%. If Heir A is a painter and paints 8 items - you can't have Heir B take those paintings to count for Heir B's requirement because they essentially have done no work. Heir C cannot go out and catch frogs and pass them to Heir D. Heir E cannot grow plants for Heir F to just pick and turn in either.

This is the way it's always been intended. Hopefully the team feels the same given we have not strictly specified this in the rules. Maybe we should. It never crossed my mind to be honest. I mean each heir has their own requirements and they have to do each requirement on their own. 100%.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #532 on: December 08, 2014, 06:50:01 PM »
Each Heir is responsible for their museum items. 100%. If Heir A is a painter and paints 8 items - you can't have Heir B take those paintings to count for Heir B's requirement because they essentially have done no work. Heir C cannot go out and catch frogs and pass them to Heir D. Heir E cannot grow plants for Heir F to just pick and turn in either.

This is the way it's always been intended. Hopefully the team feels the same given we have not strictly specified this in the rules. Maybe we should. It never crossed my mind to be honest. I mean each heir has their own requirements and they have to do each requirement on their own. 100%.

I feel this is a good way to do it, but it's good to specify so someone doesn't fail because they picked some flowers from a pre-existing garden or something.  Example, if a sim picks apples from the "community garden" near the BFF house, that wouldn't count for their requirements I assume, but that's not completely clear.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #533 on: December 08, 2014, 07:29:44 PM »

RE: plants....how far back does this have to go?  For instance, heir B grows a garden to perfect or whatever the highest value is.  Can heir C pick those items, plant them, and therefor grow perfect plants from the get go, and count those?  Seems like that would be ok to me as heir C does go to the trouble of planting, caring for and harvesting.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #534 on: December 08, 2014, 08:02:39 PM »
RE: plants....how far back does this have to go?  For instance, heir B grows a garden to perfect or whatever the highest value is.  Can heir C pick those items, plant them, and therefor grow perfect plants from the get go, and count those?  Seems like that would be ok to me as heir C does go to the trouble of planting, caring for and harvesting.

That I have no issue with because in your example heir C did all the work. I will clarify the rule.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #535 on: December 09, 2014, 12:10:53 AM »
I have a question... I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but... I just wanted to make sure.  I don't know how it happened, but somehow aging was turned off in my game.  I don't know if it got clicked accidentally or what.  Is there anyway I can just keep track of the age and age my sims up when necessary or is that grounds for a restart?  I'm not that far in, but I did just finish building their house.  I'm really hoping to just age them up correctly because I know how long it's been.  But if not, I'll restart.  Just wanted to find out.  I know it's a long shot.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #536 on: December 09, 2014, 01:17:10 AM »
Also on the topic of the extent to which the heir "contributed to the items" - if someone else planted and tended the garden, but the heir/founder collected the microscope samples and made the prints themselves, would that be okay? Or would the heir have to have grown/tended the garden, too?

Alternately, could they just collect the microscope samples from wild plants growing around the world and would that be acceptable?
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #537 on: December 09, 2014, 05:07:14 AM »
I have a question... I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but... I just wanted to make sure.  I don't know how it happened, but somehow aging was turned off in my game.  I don't know if it got clicked accidentally or what.  Is there anyway I can just keep track of the age and age my sims up when necessary or is that grounds for a restart?  I'm not that far in, but I did just finish building their house.  I'm really hoping to just age them up correctly because I know how long it's been.  But if not, I'll restart.  Just wanted to find out.  I know it's a long shot.

If aging was accidentally turned off then you'll need to restart. Sorry. :(

Also on the topic of the extent to which the heir "contributed to the items" - if someone else planted and tended the garden, but the heir/founder collected the microscope samples and made the prints themselves, would that be okay? Or would the heir have to have grown/tended the garden, too?

Alternately, could they just collect the microscope samples from wild plants growing around the world and would that be acceptable?

I am ok with heirs doing microscope samples. @Team -  how do you feel about that?

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #538 on: December 09, 2014, 05:54:10 AM »
If aging was accidentally turned off then you'll need to restart. Sorry. :(

I am ok with heirs doing microscope samples. @Team -  how do you feel about that?

I Agree

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #539 on: December 09, 2014, 07:04:23 AM »

I agree and checked whether she made any of them and she did :) Only counted the drawings this immortal made, otherwise it would be too easy.

anything